Dogs outplayed -Hasler outcoached!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The Dogs were beaten in many areas in the game that counted but imo Bellamy beat Hasler by KO in this one.
Storm had them worked out from the kickoff & dominated them as a result. Storm also won the midfield battle critical in supplying Smith & Cronk time & space. These no name Storm fowards beat the Dogs up & had numbers in every tackle ensuring the Dogs structure went out the window, leading to errors & uncoordinated attacking options.
The Dogs were solidly beaten on the field & Bellamy crapped on Des off it - with the salary cap issues the Dogs best shot imo was 2012 & lets see the fans who rolled out the red carpet to Des set it alight in the near future.

Was Pritchard playing? 3 big forward next year and every team will play a fast paced game against them to run their big blokes around.

It will be interesting to see if they play the same style of football next year as the storm showed the old up and in umbrella defence cuts off their attack

Yes, pritchard was playing. He was the one who only ran decoys the whole game!

Did anyone else see the pritchard obstruction when morris tried to score and billy hit the ball away?

It was ANOTHER blatant obstruction from pritchard, this time on cooper cronk who got taken out and the play continued.

How they get away with it is AMAZING!

Yeah I saw that and was surprised none of the commentators made mention of it.

Had Morris scored, it should have been disallowed.....emphasis on the should have.

That's the stupid part about that rule. If no try is scored, they don't go back...but if a try had of been scored, they'd look at it.

You can hear Cameron Smith ask before the tap kick was taken. I didn't hear ther ref's comments but their hands were tied.

It'll be interesting to see if Hasler and his dogs get away with as much next year. Surely harrigan and raper will look at this over the offseason and advise their refs of the illegal play they use time and time again.

I have no probs with the dogs losing - and loved it. But they looked like we did the week before. No forward penetration off a dubious 10 from Storm and the pressure getting to them, especially Big K. 130 kgs of frustration and 2 crucial penalties.. They both cheat but the Storm looked like they had been given their attack book. Near perfect first half and half the tackles made it easy. It is near impossible to do a GF week the first time and succeed. Not saying I'm not loving it - but I do understand it.

The Storm are able to push the boundaries in the ruck, always have. Their latest trick is pushing off the mark when in possession by either moving forward or sideways. This puts the markers out of position slightly and allows someone with the skills of Cameron Smith to exploit this. He isolated our markers quite a few times in our final, and also did the same in the GF. The refs are too gutless to penalise teams in possession and tend to overlook subtle cheating. The Storm are the best at dominating the ruck to their advantage, I'd love to see some stats on the relative penalty for and agianst in their games when it comes to ruck infringements. I suspect they are well and truly on the positive side of the ledger in that department.

The Dogs failed to change game plans and stood too flat all night, and it killed them

2-3m more depth and they could have gotten some more results in attack

Out coached mmmm not too sure.

What I do know is the difference between Keating and Cronk is more than 10 points, poor goal kicking made it a 10 point margin when 20 was closer to correct.

Not even going to try and explain this away, or excuse it. Des Hasler was clearly out coached in this Grand Final by Bellamy, and I honestly think that's the reason for their loss.

The Bulldogs were allowed to play as well as they could, and could only score 4 points.

That's a little "X" in Des career. I don't think they will, but I hope they come last next season.

RE: Dogs outplayed - Hasler outcoached!!

Hasler was outcoached in every way, including the most vital area around the ruck. Every set he played to Melbournes hands & they made it look easy. The depth in attack was always going to be needed as shown in Storms last 2 games where they test the refs with defenders shooting up from only 7-8 metres back.
Hasler did what always does well, has the players busting their a** for the 80 minutes but this simple gameplan was never going to be enough to beat Melbourne.
Not a Bellamy fan as he dribbles like Cujo, but he gave Des a big touch up in this 1......

The Dogs defensive line speed in the first 20mins was not up to GF standard. There was no way they were going to slow down the play the ball without any line-speed in your face defence---the Storm were too easily getting 50m per set at the start.

Loved how the Storm just kept on hitting Hoffman as a simple first man play aimed at Reynolds not in relation to the try he scored but to the bigger picture for the Slater try. The hard work of Hoffman getting smashed on subsequent plays combined with superb sleight of hand and Slater hiding off the inside hip of Cronk just pure perfection to watch.

The Doggies second man depth decoy plays are good in general play but for a GF you need to offer more at the line stuff when attacking the tryline as the space provided is limited to execute the plays to perfection. The defence can jam in earlier if you have no variations or lacking a classy half who can play through the line to test the middle.

In the end you need at least 80% completions to be competitive against a Storm outfit that hit 94% completions in a GF amazing discipline. To hit 94% in a GF just shows how poor the defensive intensity was.

A fresh Manly in a day time game against the Storm or the Dogs and i would have been more than confident of a win. (Hating the night GF's from now on big time)

The one thing that ****s me about Bellamy is that somehow he gets his players to do exactly what he wants for 80mins without any deviation in his game plan. Doesn't matter what team over the years, you have to beat them instead of hoping they'll beat themselves. It's seems at times all Bellamy does all week is watch video and pick your game to pieces and teaches how to beat that specific side rather than just play a default type of football.

We give him a lot of **** but there's not a bloke here that wouldn't like a coach of his ability in charge of us. Toovs is great don't get me wrong, but Bellamy is up there with benet IMO.

Oddly, his main failing is probably that he is too competitive. He will go to any lengths to gain an edge, prime examples being the wrestling manoevres and the illegal recruitment/retention tactics (that he didn't know about, cough cough).

He is so competitive that matters of style principle and 'spirit of the game' have at times been sacrificed in order to win at all costs.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Oddly, his main failing is probably that he is too competitive. He will go to any lengths to gain an edge, prime examples being the wrestling manoevres and the illegal recruitment/retention tactics (that he didn't know about, cough cough).

He is so competitive that matters of style principle and 'spirit of the game' have at times been sacrificed in order to win at all costs.

On that note SER8 theres another coach who shares that trait, willing to burn his family to gain an advantage.
Even go as far as sabatage his previous club that made him a success.
Attempt to steal their players, staff, maybe dressing room door??
Theres one major difference between the 2.
Bellamy has a competitive edge that wants success for his club, the other wants it for himself.
This will be his downfall if it HASn't already.....
Bellamy was rightly hung out to dry & lost premierships & respect for his mistakes, which he has done a great job to come back from.
Dont like Bellamy but credit where its due, since the cap scandal has put together a puzzle of misfits & lifted them to heights few, if any, could.

Things will be a whole lot better for the game when THOSE 3 move on/retire and bellamy changes clubs.

Bellamy is an excellent coach technician wise, but lets not forget he did all of this with a raft of unique factors in his favour, including his remote "out of the spotlight" location and "the big 4" and the backing of News.

Strange that he wasn't a success at SOO level. Maybe he needs the 'big 3' to really succeed.

SOO a completely different proposition.
the gf reminded me a bit of last years when we won with a fairly calculating, cold blooded performance topped off with a bit of brilliance here and there. Vs the warriors whose inexperienced halves made too many errors to build much (at least they got out from under for a while in the second half).

The storm were just too ruthlessly efficient and had that bit of brilliance to apply when needed. they dropped the ball on attack late in the game and it was like '**** that's strange they made an error'.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4