Dogs Lodge OffIcial Complaint. Barba spat on by Manly Fan.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
the tweet from Pritchards wife

Bu$ta RyMeZ ‏@bustalings 14 Jun
Crazy fan just told us to fff off to our own country and get off the Centrelink. #onlyinmanly

Did Pritchard's wife actually type this herself? Surely someone must have typed it for her.

Halatau reveals Manly fan abuse

June 18, 2013 - 4:52PM

Ian McCullough

Canterbury utility Dene Halatau says he's unsure if he was spat at by Manly fans after his side's controversial win at Brookvale last Friday, but admits Bulldogs players were shocked by the level of abuse heaped on them.

The ARLC are investigating a report of racist abuse levelled at the wife of Bulldogs prop Frank Pritchard by a Manly supporter during the 32-30 golden point win by the visitors.

There were also reports that Ben Barba and Halatau were spat at through the wire enclosing the tunnel as they walked from the ground at fulltime.

"To be honest if I was spat on, it was from behind and I didn't know about it," Halatau told AAP on Tuesday.

"If that what's happened then it is a pretty low act. Benny (Barba) was alright after the game and joined in the celebrations but personally I didn't see anything like that."

While he enjoys the atmosphere generated at the suburban grounds, Halatau said there's no hiding place for visiting players at Brookvale.

"If it goes too far then the NRL have to look at it," he said.

"The club have raised the issue with the NRL and I am sure they'll take care of it.

"It does get very hostile at Brookvale. It's an old suburban ground, but I'm thick-skinned so you just ignore it.

"There's no real danger to the players, but the fans are quite close at Brooky compared to other places.

"You walk up the tunnel and you are only about a foot away from the fans and they're giving you a spray form behind the wire.

"But I think it was more a case of the blokes behind the fence being more courageous because the fence was there."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/halatau-reveals-manly-fan-abuse-20130618-2ogd2.html

Seinfeld was right :cool:

Interesting article HM. Maybe the aftermath of the match and the media reaction instigated by bulldogs officials is why Todd Greenthing is so worshipped in doggie land. The bulldogs successfully managed to turn a controversial win into an anti Manly campaign and earlier this year, the bulldogs club and Barba himself into a heroes when he was stood down for behavioural issues.
TG is a master of negative media deflection.

niccipops said:
Interesting article HM. Maybe the aftermath of the match and the media reaction instigated by bulldogs officials is why Todd Greenthing is so worshipped in doggie land. The bulldogs successfully managed to turn a controversial win into an anti Manly campaign and earlier this year, the bulldogs club and Barba himself into a heroes when he was stood down for behavioural issues.

This is what I said at the beginning of this posting stream and got somewhat criticized, until there is proof and evidence I reckon it is a massive beat up by greenburg and the dogs who don't exactly have a track record of telling the truth. As it stands it is an allegation and that is all. However, many posters here have condemned our club as guilty.

MissKate said:
niccipops said:

This is what I said at the beginning of this posting stream and got somewhat criticized, until there is proof and evidence I reckon it is a massive beat up by greenburg and the dogs who don't exactly have a track record of telling the truth. As it stands it is an allegation and that is all. However, many posters here have condemned our club as guilty.

Just like alot of posters in the Blake Ferguson thread but not all have decided Ferguson is guilty before he even gets close to a court of law, both are disgusting acts if true and deserve punishment but no one knows for sure yet. I'm not defending anyone but shouldn't you apply the same logic to both situations? Even though 1 offence is worse than other(Ferguson) and will be the court system and other will be dealt with by club and NRL.

I'm sure the feelings expressed in different threads are influenced by 1 involving Manly and the other a rival club's player who has a bad rep. Some people can't take off those Manly - tainted glasses they wear and lay blame conveniently elsewhere when needed

Anyone found racially abusing, spitting, etc is a loser and a jerk. Whatever team colours they hide in they are not to be defended. Plain and simple.

Innocent until proven guilty. When proven, banned and hopefully charged by the police.

The wife of Bulldogs forward Frank Pritchard says her family has been hurt by racial abuse directed at them during last Friday's match at Brookvale Oval, and she is unlikely to return to Manly as a result of the ''degrading'' incident.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/racist-abuse-puts-manly-off-limits-for-pritchards-20130619-2oipd.html#ixzz2Wh2CbPxw

Terrible behavior. I hope they find those responsible.

Agree it is awful however , despite halatua saying he was not spat on, it is still being reported as so

When will the media start to report accurately? Yes there were awful things which need to be investigated and resolved....all that said it would be nice if they could report with some accuracy (rant over...)

lsz said:
Agree it is awful however , despite halatua saying he was not spat on, it is still being reported as so

When will the media start to report accurately? Yes there were awful things which need to be investigated and resolved....all that said it would be nice if they could report with some accuracy (rant over...)

Agreed.

dowdz said:
The wife of Bulldogs forward Frank Pritchard says her family has been hurt by racial abuse directed at them during last Friday's match at Brookvale Oval, and she is unlikely to return to Manly as a result of the ''degrading'' incident.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/racist-abuse-puts-manly-off-limits-for-pritchards-20130619-2oipd.html#ixzz2Wh2CbPxw

Terrible behavior. I hope they find those responsible.
Maybe the Manly club should offer her an official apology for the behaviour of these people and guarantee her protection if she comes to Brookvale again.
I've been jumping sides a bit with what to believe from the media but this woman's account is obviously genuine and she deserves an apology. Manly should speak up here.

Why anyone, Manly fan or not, would carry on like that is beyond me. I know a lot of our fellow fans aren't angels, but I am just dumbfounded at the behaviour being reported. If these allegations are true (and it appears that at least most of them are) then these people should be banned from Brookie. They are an embarrassment to all of us.

lsz said:

I still don't believe it actually happened. Barba was out of line arguing with fans, what exactly was he doing right at the back of the Manly team dugout. He like all the other players do should have just walked up the tunnel end of story. But no he steps over to the Manly supporters abusing them back. Only way he gets to look like the victim is to make up some story and bingo Manly are the bad guys. Didn't rules get busted for abusing fans a few years ago. That is what would have happened here unless a good diversion story was told

This has overstepped the mark for fans.
And I hope the club acts swiftly in finding and banning these people.

But in saying that the next Manly fan that gets attacked, spat on etc from a Bulldogs fan have the balls to report them to the NRL and the Dogs.
No fan group deserves these idiots

You would assume they were seated in the stands, as such it will be reasonably easy to track down these people, it's a real shame though that a picture of these idiots wasn't taken. Too busy tweeting I guess.

I am astounded that someone would launch such an attack - have a look at our team and supporters, we have our fair share of kiwi brothers and sisters who are more than welcome as far as I'm concerned

I am further shocked by people trying to deny this behaviour is possible at Manly, sit on the hill for a few matches you will get an education

Very sad that racism raises its ugly head at Brookie but unfortunately it is something we see too often everywhere in life not just at the footie. We do have security and if they didn't act on this incident when it was reported then that is a bigger problem for the club. We are fortunate in a controlled area such as a sporting ground that you can actually deal with the perpetrators, unlike out on the street etc.
I don't know how much more a club/sports ground can do other than have security deal with reported issues. If incidents are not reported at the time all it does is cast a shadow over the whole club which is a shame.
It is a big issue and it is a shame that greenburg felt the need to cloud the issue with his trumped up story about barba.

Have been to plenty of Seaeagles games & though we have always proudly played the 'Us against the world" card, I have never witnessed this type of behaviour from our fans.
Definately some inappropriate language in the moments of jubilation or a curse when we are copping crazy calls like most fans, but not a filthy act that cannot be justified.
Though the Dogs fans have a reputation of similar offences, often violent, this is not a proud moment from a Seaeagle supporters perspective.
The fan should be barred for this repulsive scene.
On a final note I really hope Dogs officials can follow up their own supporters as dilligently as they are in this case, its fair to call for justice here, but its SO much louder than how they handle situations their own fans & PLAYERS are involved in.

OK I'll say it.

Whilst condemning racial abuse, spitting and general douchbaggery, we seem to have accepted one person's report as gospel.
In so many other threads we hear 'presumption of innocence' cries yet this 'report' is the 100% actual, no bias, not trouble making, never exaggerated truth is it?

Find them, turf them, but don't ask or expect me to shuffle around being sad and embarrassed over this great club over one person's as yet unsubstantiated and hardly unbiased comments.

As The Who says, watch from the hill!

Exactly , believe the words of a club that struggles to tell the truth on a good day. Unfortunately the ploy worked, the damage has been done and cannot be reversed. We will forever onwards been known as a team of supporters who spit at and racially abuse everyone. Sad but true.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2