Dogs hopeful Des can start next season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
JIM DYMOCK accepts that if Des Hasler is able to start at Canterbury next season, the Bulldogs would immediately move the rookie coach sideways and install the premiership winner from Manly.

Read the full article

at least there is one piece of good news in this article and that is that tooves and dessy have spoken about succession, and tooves definate ambition to coach the club he loves. Maybee all isnt lost just yet, i wonder if des would step aside and become tooves assistant for next year to help transition the club he apparently loves, and help tooves get a very good running start at a successfull coaching career.

I love that toovs is already putting his hands up. Life will go on and IMO the sooner we start to look to the future the sooner we will get our 9th premiership.

Before Manly's end-of-season presentation function last night, Toovey told the Herald there had been no indication to him that Hasler would not be coaching the Sea Eagles again next year. But Toovey is certainly interested in coaching Manly if the job becomes available.

''It's my ambition to be a first-grade coach,'' Toovey said. ''I've got the motivation and desire to do such a job. I've spoken to Des in the past about succession planning. I've served what you would call a lengthy apprenticeship, as a lower-grade coach and first-grade assistant.''

Its all been planned, Dessie gets the money and saves Manly big $ that they do not have and Tooves takes over business as usual.

Speculation over player departures should be left until they actually happen.

I love the comment that Des is seen as a great fit for Canterbury because of his work ethic and innovative nature. He's a principled honorable man taking over a club that thinks gang bangs are a team building exercise (and I quote their hooker of a few years ago on that point).

Good luck getting that lot to do volunteer work in the local hospitals and schools. It's going to be a challenge just teaching the board and the team the meaning of words like integrity. It's going to be amusing.

Loki said:
I love the comment that Des is seen as a great fit for Canterbury because of his work ethic and innovative nature. He's a principled honorable man taking over a club that thinks gang bangs are a team building exercise (and I quote their hooker of a few years ago on that point).

Good luck getting that lot to do volunteer work in the local hospitals and schools. It's going to be a challenge just teaching the board and the team the meaning of words like integrity. It's going to be amusing.

Or English !!!!!!!! Hahahahhaha

Driving directions to Belmore Sportsground
This route has tolls.

Brookvale Oval
Pittwater Road
Brookvale NSW 2100
1. Head south on Alfred Rd towards Gulliver St
190 m
2. Turn right onto Pittwater Rd
850 m
3. Continue onto Condamine St
2.3 km
4. Continue onto Burnt Bridge Creek Deviation
1.8 km
5. Continue onto Manly Rd
800 m
6. Continue onto Spit Rd
3.0 km
7. Slight right onto Military Rd
2.4 km
8. Continue onto Falcon St
350 m
9. Slight left to merge onto Metroad 1
Partial toll road
16.4 km
10. Continue onto M5 East Freeway (signs for Metroad M5/Liverpool/Canberra)
6.7 km
11. Take the KINGSGROVE Rd exit on the right towards Kingsgrove
400 m
12. Turn right onto Kingsgrove Rd
1.9 km
13. Turn right onto Canterbury Rd
250 m
14. Take the 1st left on to Waverley St
400 m
15. Turn right to stay on Waverley St
19 m
16. Take the 1st left to stay on Waverley St