DOGS' heartbreak, blame and players wishlist

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Then it'll be a scrum as passing to gift usually means you've passed to him sitting injured on the sideline!

That's right....I WENT THERE!

woo woo woo woo

I wonder, what peoples thoughts would be if say The Rabbits signed Foran for 750k or something, and we were able to acquire Luke Keary, also of contract at the end of next season for say 250k odd?

Keary played exceptionally well, and beat out Sutton for the 5/8 spot for The Rabbits. Kids passionate, and certainly plays bigger than his size.

Ryan said:
I wonder, what peoples thoughts would be if say The Rabbits signed Foran for 750k or something, and we were able to acquire Luke Keary, also of contract at the end of next season for say 250k odd?

Keary played exceptionally well, and beat out Sutton for the 5/8 spot for The Rabbits. Kids passionate, and certainly plays bigger than his size.

I want to keep both dce and kieran, but the finals series showed that there are plenty of other talented halves out there if necessary.

I want to keep the Foran of 2011, to be honest the Foran of 2014 was pretty average, even at the start of the year when we were winning games.

Oh sure moments of brilliance , and pretty good defence for most of the year BUT can you remember a game when he dominated by running to the line and confusing the defence ??

If he wants $750k a year I expect much more !!

Shoe1 said:
Ryan said:

I want to keep both dce and kieran, but the finals series showed that there are plenty of other talented halves out there if necessary.

I wouldn't say plenty, and those who played well probably won't ever leave where they are. Keary and perhaps Pearce are the only 2 who played well and are any prospect of ever leaving their respective teams (and that prospect is probably remote in both cases). Thurston was awesome of course but he is not going anywhere. Cronk is a machine (although he didn't do anything special in the finals) but he will never leave Melbourne. I wasn't at all impressed with Reynolds/Reynolds/Hodko in the GF.

Honestly, I think our halves at 75% form would cream all of them except Thurston and maybe Cronk.

I have to say, I agree. Foran showed a lot of promise, but he is heavily waning in form at present. You think about all the clubs he has been linked with.

The Rabbits: I'd take Keary over him, especially if Keary didn't wake up each day and consider whether he wants to be here

The Roosters: I'd take Maloney. I reckon he'd work very well with DCE, and guess what, Maloney always seems very plugged in to any team he plays for.

The Bulldogs: People may disagree with me, but I like Reynolds aggressive in your face nature. Being honest, he's plenty better than Foran in my opinion.

Any team Foran's manager will have us all believe he's potentially going to, he'd be displacing some poor guy, who frankly, is better than Foran as it stands right now.

Foran would also go with the legacy that if he doesn't get what he wants, he'll make issue of the fact publicly. Teams around the league would realize that prior to his signing. PR is massive in this league. Bad PR with a teams own fans is almost always frowned upon.

Honestly, if he's still waking, and thinking at times he doesn't want to be here, it's best for all parties to part ways, he can go and displace a very good player, be paid overs and cost another club players, and become public enemy number one there. The positive out of that is we could acquire a player that wants to bleed for our team, and kiss our emblem. Bring the passion back to Brooky I say.

Foran isn't the type of character to do that for us anymore. All I see / hear / read about him is his questioning of the club, and where his loyalties lie.

I've watched him closely this year , he hasn't had a standout game all year , standout moments for sure but no game that he has dominated.

He won't displace those mentioned , he would have to go to say a Raiders / Cronulla , so he'd better start loving the place again real quick

Mark from Brisbane said:
I want to keep the Foran of 2011, to be honest the Foran of 2014 was pretty average, even at the start of the year when we were winning games.

Oh sure moments of brilliance , and pretty good defence for most of the year BUT can you remember a game when he dominated by running to the line and confusing the defence ??

I understand your logic Mark. He WILL want 750K and he WILL get 750K. Because if Manly don't pay it, I'm pretty sure the Scumdogs will.

The real difference for mine is that the two Foran's of which you speak, played behind two very different packs..........and therein lies the difference.

Mark from Brisbane said:

I understand your logic Mark. He WILL want 750K and he WILL get 750K. Because if Manly don't pay it, I'm pretty sure the Scumdogs will.

The two Foran's of which you speak, played behind two very different packs..........and therein lies the difference.

Add a couple of gorillas to our pack and he and DCE will return to career best form in my opinion.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I've watched him closely this year , he hasn't had a standout game all year , standout moments for sure but no game that he has dominated.

He won't displace those mentioned , he would have to go to say a Raiders / Cronulla , so he'd better start loving the place again real quick

I loved him before. He was swiftly getting to the Steve Menzies / Jamie Lyon category BEFORE this season. I want to ask you guys two questions, because I think it illustrates exactly where I'm coming from regarding Foran.

Sam Burgess announced he was leaving Rubgy League, and people questioned his commitment to his team, his fans, and his bosses. My question, is how do you think he answered those initial questions?

My second question is this. Foran, who openly questions being in our team to start with, and had to have a clearing of the air meeting with Toovey, was very unhappy about the Glenn Stewart scenario. My question, is how do you think he dealt with these problems form wise?

For mine, it's all about class and character. Why monetarily support a bloke who has his bags packed ready to leave the joint as soon as he can? Why? Ok, if he stood tall like Sam Burgess, ok, but he looked listless and apathetic towards the end. Weak defense, weak & predictable attack.

If the Roosters want to pay him $750k per season for that, then see you later.

For the record, I also thought Jamie Lyon at 5/8 clearly outclasses Foran for that position. We won a GF 40-0 with Lyon at 5/8. We have options. Throw Gutherson in the centres (or Blair).

I get that he is not happy with the front office, and he probably has a right to be pissed at them - they are a shambles. We were always able to look past that with solid teamwork, and working towards a common goal.

Foran moves in other directions, as too some of the other players at the moment. I think we ALL as fans want the players whop want out, to go. Foran's manager can beat it up as much as he wants, and have some club make him the next "million dollar a year player" as I read recently.

Good luck to that team. Your acquiring a player with an attitude problem, and someone who doesn't buy into the culture of the fans and the team.

We have options.

Didn't Foz win our player if the year?? I think he's be the first to admit it wasn't his best season, far from it. And that's exactly why we need to keep him, because at his best he carries this team.
Sort out all the BS that's going on in the offseason and let's start again.
Plenty of good young talent coming through that will reenergise the team.

The current crop of senior players will not win us another premiership. They are on the downward slope of their careers, they've done it all and now their interest is only in the dollars they can get before their careers end. Their media whinging means they no longer bleed for this club, they no longer love our emblem more than anything else. This is not how to win an NRL premiership. Manly needs to bite the bullet and get rid of them now. A re generation of spirit and single minded focus to win at all costs for this club is needed and we won't get it from these players any longer. It's sad and it pains me to see it but this is how it is. Snake,Matai,Foran,Choc must be released now.

I can't see us being able to snare Foran, Snake seems more believable...

But you can hardly blame some fellow Dogs fans from being keen on a new half who can score points. The bulldogs have a massive issue in that area and the new confirmed recruits for next year don't really look like they will have a massive impact on that area of our game.

As for any Dogs fans blaming Des, well, that is a little bit silly. We don't have a superstar roster and look how far we got. Many will say we over-achieved (and they may be right) but if smart coaching results in that tag, then I will take it.

PS I bumped into a Manly fan at the GF. I said to him "Manly? Man what are you doing here?" and without missing a beat he replied with "I am just so used to attending Grand Finals". Loved it.

Gareth said:
I can't see us being able to snare Foran, Snake seems more believable...

But you can hardly blame some fellow Dogs fans from being keen on a new half who can score points. The bulldogs have a massive issue in that area and the new confirmed recruits for next year don't really look like they will have a massive impact on that area of our game.

As for any Dogs fans blaming Des, well, that is a little bit silly. We don't have a superstar roster and look how far we got. Many will say we over-achieved (and they may be right) but if smart coaching results in that tag, then I will take it.

PS I bumped into a Manly fan at the GF. I said to him "Manly? Man what are you doing here?" and without missing a beat he replied with "I am just so used to attending Grand Finals". Loved it.

Hang on, don't you have the current halves pairing from the reigning SOO winning team?

Probably hit the nail on the head @Mark-from-Brisbane and @ryan!

Very sad to see the Forrest now (stupid trees always in the way).

Sutton and Reynolds just got a tat of a rabbit on their foreheads ffs. Imagine Foran showing any passion to our club like that?

Nope.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6