Dogs fans and Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Toothless?
We Manly fans are toothless?
Perhaps then, Dan, we fans should be like the players and also have a cap . . . a dental one!

I agree with Dan 110%, I have had my issues on here (especially with the Trolls), but I just don't get the whole "hate" thing.

I dislike (intensley) Billy Slater
I dislike (more intensley) the Melbourne Storm

But I don't "hate" any of their fans, in fact I really felt sad for them over the salary cap rorting issue, imagine if that had of happened to us.

I have had the great pleasure through my work to travel the world to some of the biggest sporting events on the planet....World Cup Soccer Finals / World Cup Rugby Finals / Rugby League Tours to the UK and recently the WCC Tour we did.

I have never seen the obvious "hatred" we seem to cultivate at any of those events.

Oh sure the Wallaby fans like to beat the Kiwi's...but we don't hate them, nor do they hate us.

I went to Paris in 1998 and saw France play Brazil, fabulous atmosphere, great fans all having a ball but no obvious "hatred"

The English Rugby League fans are as friendly as anything (just ask any of the WCC Tourists from February this year).

Now I do know of the drama's in English Soccer and thats way more than hatred but apart from that I have never seen such animosity between fans ever that we seem to have in the NRL at present.

There was even a Facebook "tell us abut the team you hate most" campaign jst in the last few days put on by the Grill Team, some of the comments there were atrocious.

Why is it we have to hate someone because they are different to us??

I am probably just way too old fashioned but for me the "hate" word gets used far too much and it creates (when used) a resistance just to hate back.

Enough posts about hasler, he is history. He is with them now. All I can say to all eagles fans come 27th april it is war, cross the bridge give it to the prick. I am traveling up from Orange got free weekend from Mrs and kids. They took our right to celebrate gf victory they are scum.

winnyason said:
Enough posts about hasler, he is history. He is with them now. All I can say to all eagles fans come 27th april it is war, cross the bridge give it to the prick. I am traveling up from Orange got free weekend from Mrs and kids. They took our right to celebrate gf victory they are scum.

Be careful,we know dogs fans like to bring knives and cousins

Mark from Brisbane said:
I agree with Dan 110%, I have had my issues on here (especially with the Trolls), but I just don't get the whole "hate" thing.

But I don't "hate" any of their fans, in fact I really felt sad for them over the salary cap rorting issue, imagine if that had of happened to us.

I have had the great pleasure through my work to travel the world to some of the biggest sporting events on the planet....World Cup Soccer Finals / World Cup Rugby Finals / Rugby League Tours to the UK and recently the WCC Tour we did.

I have never seen the obvious "hatred" we seem to cultivate at any of those events.

Oh sure the Wallaby fans like to beat the Kiwi's...but we don't hate them, nor do they hate us.

I went to Paris in 1998 and saw France play Brazil, fabulous atmosphere, great fans all having a ball but no obvious "hatred"

The English Rugby League fans are as friendly as anything (just ask any of the WCC Tourists from February this year).

Now I do know of the drama's in English Soccer and thats way more than hatred but apart from that I have never seen such animosity between fans ever that we seem to have in the NRL at present.

There was even a Facebook "tell us abut the team you hate most" campaign jst in the last few days put on by the Grill Team, some of the comments there were atrocious.

I am probably just way too old fashioned but for me the "hate" word gets used far too much and it creates (when used) a resistance just to hate back.
Mark, I think the word 'hate', like the word 'love', is greatly overused. If rival fans disliked one another so much there would be fights at every match. This doesn't happen at RL games - not that I've seen, anyway.
In many instances the word 'hate' actually means 'envy'. It's human nature to be envious of success, that's why Manly cops it. On the other hand, teams that are never successful (ie. Bears and Cronulla) are no threat so they are never 'hated'.

I have a cold :-( , I hate that and I'm not envious of it.

I'm in Paris and I love that!

Now I am hungry.

Life is like a box of chocolates, if you look inside the lid you'll see exactly what you're going to get!

Hit the nail on the head Dan and others. No need for racism or hatred. Sure a friendly niggle between fans is fine, but some people need to think "am I taking this too far".

On that note ... this I'd consider a friendly niggle.. ENJOY!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPClwUAlNHo&feature=channel&list=UL

Oh and fairweather means fans who only support when the team is going well. Or bandwagon fans. use it right, git.

Thus.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Mark, I get your sentiment, but I developed a hatred for the fans of the purple scum when I was spat on by not one, but two scum supporters as I exited the 2007 GF. I said not one word before during or after the event as an example to my two kids that were with me. That hatred will never die. To then learn that their win was by cheating only served to heighten my utter hatred for every conceivable aspect of the filthy purple scum.

I HATE THEM AND THEIR FANS WITH A BURNING PASSION THAT WILL NEVER WANE!!!!!!!!

Dogs fans haven't got thier thug reputation for nothing. You only have to read the garbage they come out with, as some of these links show.

I pity the other people on the trains from Homebush and those that will have to clean up the mess after round 8.

Gotta say I was on the train with my mum one night when the Dogs played at ANZ, we were going to a show at Acer, and their fans were fine. I didn't see one idiot that night. Wish I could always say the same about Manly fans.

Do you ever think that the whole tribal theme the league was pushing for a couple of years helped create the fan mindset we have today?

MrInvisible said:
Hit the nail on the head Dan and others. No need for racism or hatred. Sure a friendly niggle between fans is fine, but some people need to think "am I taking this too far".

On that note ... this I'd consider a friendly niggle.. ENJOY!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPClwUAlNHo&feature=channel&list=UL
we all like friendly niggle
look what you busy merchandise team have been up too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM56Q2AhOIA

lol Cambo ... 1 all :)

In fairness it only takes a few bad fans to cast negative light on an entire group of fans.

I'm not going to lie and say Bulldogs fans are perfect, because there are some absolute d*ckhead "hectics" who turn up at games, and you can easily stereotype* them because they are ALWAYS the ones causing problems. It might only be 2-3 of them in a crowd of 10,000+ Bulldogs jerseys but they will be the ones noticed and making the entire fanbase look bad.

Unfortunately these "fans" are normally the ones who hide behind a jersey, have no intent on really enjoying the game, and instead thrive on making everyone elses day a misery (be it tossing things at fans (from either side), or causing damage on the way home on trains, or trying to start fights).

Just on that note though, if you do happen to notice any idiot Bulldogs supporters causing issues, try and get a picture of them on your phone (if outside the stadium) and email the Bulldogs club with what went on. They are incredibly proactive in ensuring that troublemakers are not wanted at games.

If it happens at the stadium SMS the row and area you are in (to number shown before game) and security will report to that area and check CCTV footage off what is going on.

For members (be it The Kennel, Cat 1 or Cat2) we ALL hold membership cards with our details on them, and that makes us accountable (not just inside the stadium) for our actions. In the event security or police intervene at the stadium membership details are taken and the club informed.

Outside the stadium if the person is in jersey, or police find upon identifying them a membership card and they are to/from a game, the club is informed as well.

Our club has had a bad past with fans, and it's via fellow and opposing fans that our club has (and can continue to) clean up it's image.

MrInvisible said:

In fairness it only takes a few bad fans to cast negative light on an entire group of fans.

I'm not going to lie and say Bulldogs fans are perfect, because there are some absolute d*ckhead "hectics" who turn up at games, and you can easily stereotype* them because they are ALWAYS the ones causing problems. It might only be 2-3 of them in a crowd of 10,000+ Bulldogs jerseys but they will be the ones noticed and making the entire fanbase look bad.

Unfortunately these "fans" are normally the ones who hide behind a jersey, have no intent on really enjoying the game, and instead thrive on making everyone elses day a misery (be it tossing things at fans (from either side), or causing damage on the way home on trains, or trying to start fights).

Just on that note though, if you do happen to notice any idiot Bulldogs supporters causing issues, try and get a picture of them on your phone (if outside the stadium) and email the Bulldogs club with what went on. They are incredibly proactive in ensuring that troublemakers are not wanted at games.

If it happens at the stadium SMS the row and area you are in (to number shown before game) and security will report to that area and check CCTV footage off what is going on.

For members (be it The Kennel, Cat 1 or Cat2) we ALL hold membership cards with our details on them, and that makes us accountable (not just inside the stadium) for our actions. In the event security or police intervene at the stadium membership details are taken and the club informed.

Outside the stadium if the person is in jersey, or police find upon identifying them a membership card and they are to/from a game, the club is informed as well.

Our club has had a bad past with fans, and it's via fellow and opposing fans that our club has (and can continue to) clean up it's image.
One of the government initiatives to curb bulldog troubles (all breeds in fact) is to use microchips. The doggy tags you speak of have not worked over the years. It maybe time that all dogs are microchipped to assist in catching the mischievous 3 or 4 out of the 100,000 dogs fans. I would applaud the government to introduce this legislation. :)

MrInvisible said:

hey buddy
just a bit more friendly banter buddy ;) enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmtNr2E1898

I think anyone caught causing trouble should be forced to dO a dance routine at half time in the middle of the field

Look Mr invisible I see your point of view. I was at brookie a few years back when the Hill verbally abused this souths fan and he young fella. This is where it gets ordinary no matter what kids need to stay out of ****head behaviour. I have a 4 year old boy ready to take him to game but concerne the ****head element in league.
I seen it as a kid in 94 finals game, bloke was given **** with his kid till he left seat.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6