Dogs fans and Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A quick look at a few of the on-line comments posted on the major paper's sites (haven't looked at the kennel yet) and a couple of things I have heard on talk-back radio have reveal quite a few of the dogs supporters after a couple of losses are asking why Des hasn't made any changes - eg Goodwin substituted for Mitch Brown, Lafai - I think that they are starting to realise one of the most frustrating aspects that we experienced as manly fans for the past six years -

Des doesn't drop!

I thank Hasler for his wonderful contribution to this great club and wish him all the best (I was always a bit concerned Toovey wouldn't get the shot he deserved as head coach and what's done is done most of us have moved on) but man it was hard to cop reading the same under-performing players named week in week out under Des.

Top End Eagle said:
A quick look at a few of the on-line comments posted on the major paper's sites (haven't looked at the kennel yet) and a couple of things I have heard on talk-back radio have reveal quite a few of the dogs supporters after a couple of losses are asking why Des hasn't made any changes - eg Goodwin substituted for Mitch Brown, Lafai - I think that they are starting to realise one of the most frustrating aspects that we experienced as manly fans for the past six years -

Des doesn't drop!

I thank Hasler for his wonderful contribution to this great club and wish him all the best (I was always a bit concerned Toovey wouldn't get the shot he deserved as head coach and what's done is done most of us have moved on) but man it was hard to cop reading the same under-performing players named week in week out under Des.

Look I had a peep on the Front Row Dog forum, yesterday (as you do) and there was a link similar to what you have described above.

I always thought / knew that the Dog fans would turn on Des if he did not achieve premiership glory for them this year. That is the fanbase there.

For the life of me I have no idea why we would go there, of all clubs!

Its good to hear - apart from being stubborn they have not yet learned Des will turn on them if they challenge ANY decisions.
The bloke thinks he walks on water & turns stone to bread & though I dont doubt his coaching ability, he had a handy Seaeagles squad over the past 5 years at Manly & Many coaches would have achieved 2+ premierships imo.
The simple fact the Dogs face is without the cattle he is not the messiah he professes to be & until they sign more KEY players are not a premiership threat.

I think it helped Des get the high levels of loyalty in return from his players. I don't particularly like the guy anymore, but no-one can deny he is one of the best coaches in the NRL.

bones said:
I think it helped Des get the high levels of loyalty in return from his players. I don't particularly like the guy anymore, but no-one can deny he is one of the best coaches in the NRL.
Great coach
Prick of a human being.

I thought this was a manly forum? who cares what the dogs or their fans are thinking about our ex coach

MK Eagle said:
The simple fact the Dogs face is without the cattle he is not the messiah he professes to be & until they sign more KEY players are not a premiership threat.
"No - he's not the messiah - he's just a naughty boy." Maybe he should change his name to Brian.:D

I think when I get home this afternoon I'll watch Life of Brian angain. Its a good laugh, I haven't seen it for a while.;)

Jonesyv2 said:
I thought this was a manly forum? who cares what the dogs or their fans are thinking about our ex coach

Are you kidding? Brian and his hounds are fascinating.

He's the ex-coach we love to hate!

I was just looking around The Kennel found this .... http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=94000

It's funny they are complaining that Manly fans might start to Troll in their Forum, exactly WTF were they doing for most of the off season to us !!!!

Mr Invisible and his kebabville bum chums are hiding under the very same rock they've hid under for the last 2 seasons. They are crapping themselves about Manly fans infiltrating the kennel and telling them how it is.
These turkeys love to dish out but definitely can't take it when it's thrown back.

Brookie4eva said:
I was just looking around The Kennel found this .... http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=94000

It's funny they are complaining that Manly fans might start to Troll in their Forum, exactly WTF were they doing for most of the off season to us !!!!

Hey one of the posts I kicked off is 'linked up' over in the Chihuahua-Poodletown forum. Awesome, thanks Mr Invis...

Jatz Crackers said:
Mr Invisible appears to have an extremely low opinion of you lot around here. In a rather duplicitous manner too.

Just wait for the merkin to come on and try to take the moral high ground. He's a ****en troll his post over there proves he has no intention to do Anythibg he but lay the boot in.
Notice he was no where to be seen after Monday.

As for us trolling I couldn't be ****ed posting on their pathetic site. Only went for a look at what jatz has posted.

Does anyone really care?

I am sure if you went every fan site (ours included) you would find the same sort of stuff

When mr Invis cam on here i have never had an issue with him. Yes i take him with a very liberal pinch of salt but i choose not to get too worked up about it...and if i did i could just ignore him

Yes lsz, anyone with a memory stretching back a few years will recall how Des was slammed and derided mercilessly on the forums.

Even in 2008. I was mainly on the old mwse forum then, but there was huge criticism of Des for having no strategy in attack, playing Lyon at 5/8, not dropping someone every week, it went on and on and on. We won that year 40-nil.

Fans love to whinge and complain after a loss or two, it's hardly unique to Bulldogs fans.

eagle-rock08 said:
MK Eagle said:
"No - he's not the messiah - he's just a naughty boy." Maybe he should change his name to Brian.:D

I think when I get home this afternoon I'll watch Life of Brian angain. Its a good laugh, I haven't seen it for a while.;)
Always look on the bwight side of life wwo wwo - wwo wwo wwo wwo wwowoo.
Dont like many pommy comedies but Monty Python are good value. :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8