Dogs 1st try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
def off a forward pass in the tackles before the try was scored. At least the ref picked up on them and found a few and puled them up throughout the game. Still in a 16-10 game, very important.

Oh well, bring on qld...

Yes it was forward but we had some calls go our way aswell but we couldn't capitalize. We got beat by the better team.

Barba's try was a result of an abhorrent kick by DCE on the 5th. God we played terribly.

Our rot set in at the end of last week. Stupid kicks, no repeat sets no pressure. Dumb Footy.

to be fair, the dogs really aimed up, and I think the game could have gone either way, but blameing the ref is not the reason why we lost tonight, bad calls went both ways, dogs were the better team on the night, time will tell if they are the better team though, premierships are not won first week of the finals, they are won on the last game of the year

you'll have to enlighten me b o b, i reckon we got one call that was unfair against the dog tonight, and that generally evens out during games when there is no try scored off them.

In fairness, a no try changes the whole future of the game...penalty instead of kick off. either team may have won by 30+ points for example. So I am not saying it should have been 10-10.

That pass was right in front of me and the touchie was there as well, it was not even line ball, clearly forward. In saying that, the better team on the night won.

Both sides were average tonight in some respects. Both sides got away with things. As others have posted, it was a strange game, plenty of mistakes and blown opportunities. One thing is for sure, we didn't lose because of the refs or touchies. The dogs were better.

3/5 of fark all between the teams tonight

had the refs penalised the laying all over the players it would have been a different result but they put the whistle away for the last 25 minutes and the dogs had a set line almost every tackle

Karma would have had us score after the break on the scrum where Foran threw a forward pass

The Dogs are the forward pass champions...I counted at least 18 obvious forward passes during the game from the Bulldogs . The most blatant one was the one mentioned above in the lead up to the first Bulldog try , but there was another one that put Morris away on his long run in the lead up to the Barba try. Also , in the lead up to the poor DCE kick that lead to Barba's try , Ballin caught the Bulldogs markers offside on the 5th but didn't get a penalty , then Reynolds was at least 2 metres offside in the next ruck when DCE kicked ;

Having said that Manly didn't deserve to win...they played panic football when there was no need to , got carried away with the strongarm tactics and I think they made it all too personal .

driftout said:
Having said that Manly didn't deserve to win...they played panic football when there was no need to , got carried away with the strongarm tactics and I think they made it all too personal .

Completely agree. As I said in another thread, it's almost like we're too intense and aggressive and only end up knocking ourselves out.
Where the hell was the sparkling attack we saw against the Knights and Titans (even if was only the first half)?
Anyway, the pass in question was a mile forward. They picked up a few but missed a few, too.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
driftout said:

Completely agree. As I said in another thread, it's almost like we're too intense and aggressive and only end up knocking ourselves out.
Where the hell was the sparkling attack we saw against the Knights and Titans (even if was only the first half)?
Anyway, the pass in question was a mile forward. They picked up a few but missed a few, too.

Agree 100%. You could read it on Lyon's face after the 2nd all in non brawl. It was like he wanted to scream, "WE'RE HERE TO PLAY ****IN ' FOOTBALLl". I wish he would have.

Pass was forward but it didn't lead directly to a try. We had plenty of opportunity to shut down the next ruck, but a horrible jumper grabbing effort by Lyon and Whare let Morris through.

The composure and control required to set the pace of the game which I thought would come with our superior big match experience was non-existant. The train came off the rails when Killer left the field, we lacked direction and his calm head from that point on. Kite tried to step up, but when you aren't on the field the whole time it's hard. King set the wrong example, aggression is OK if it's channelled and productive. Dogs got under our skin and we weren't able to get into a rythym

driftout said:
The Dogs are the forward pass champions...I counted at least 18 obvious forward passes during the game from the Bulldogs . The most blatant one was the one mentioned above in the lead up to the first Bulldog try , but there was another one that put Morris away on his long run in the lead up to the Barba try. Also , in the lead up to the poor DCE kick that lead to Barba's try , Ballin caught the Bulldogs markers offside on the 5th but didn't get a penalty , then Reynolds was at least 2 metres offside in the next ruck when DCE kicked ;

I was screaming "forward pass" every couple of minutes it seemed. They got pinged for a couple but jeez the refs missed a heap more.

Garts said:
That pass was right in front of me and the touchie was there as well, it was not even line ball, clearly forward. In saying that, the better team on the night won.

The better team won because we played like crap, they were a bit better, nothing to write home about.

• 👍
Reactions: JMG

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7