1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Warren Ryan have it correct?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DVS Matt, Jul 2, 2007.

1. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    7.Monaghan
    9.Orford

Thoughts?

2. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Hmm, I don't know about that. At the moment proabably yes.

However in reality no because Monaghan is leaving may aswell give next season's lineup as much time as possible.

3. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    not sure if he is sober enough long enough to get anything right..

id prefer Monaghs / Orford 6 and 7 either way it doesnt matter. Ballin 9, Burns bench for some spark later on.

4. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Initial thought is no, but don't really have a good reason for it

Can't see Orford taking the relegation well and would he keep his interest in the position ?
    Probably doesn't have the defence for the position either

5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Well even if it did work (which I doubt) what is the point with only 9 rounds left. If we are going to play Monas at half we might as well drop Orford altogether and leave Ballin at 9. Or maybe start Orford on the bench and shuffle Monas and Ballin around him.

We bought Orford as a halfback, and he doesn't strike me as one that would slot into hooker depsite the fact that many of his compatriots end up in the 9. I think the defensive work would tire him out too much as he is a little smaller than others who have made the switch.

Anyway it'll only solve short term, what are we going to do next year without Monas if we turn Orford into a hooker.

I can only surmise that the guy is playing injured, because he just doesn't seem to be giving it 100%. Might be worthwhile resting him for the Rorters game, especially with the SOO guys back.

6. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    I can only surmise that he is crap, playing crap and is beyond a joke how much crap is dished up by him and is just excused because "oh well we are 2nd" and "I'd rather this team than 2004".

Maybe he can go to England as well, stick Mark Friggin Bryant at halfback, the big lummox reckons hes got a Benji sidestep and thats where Sheens is putting him when he comes back from England.

Orford you are Junk..

7. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Yes Wok......that suggestion sure sounds like the sort of approach to provide stability & moving a team forward with confidence.

Hic.........thanks Shwok....yoush ish sooo shmartypantsh saboutueur...........hic ! :drunk:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Monnas is going to the Uk so no point in putting him at 7 because ox is Manly's preferred option there whether we like it or not.

I expect Groom to be fast tracked next year with the expectation that ox will be allowed to leave for the Uk (or wheerever) at the end of 2008. That should free up enough money to buy a couple of good first grade players.

9. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    We have orford until the end of 09 tooks. 4 years.

10. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I have suggested this in the last week. I see the long term side effects but I think for the sake of 2007 it is worth a shot.

Who knows, Matty might take it as a relegation (as you would) and it might spark him into action??

Des could let him know that for the moment your being shown up by a bloke who has a desire to play 7. You go play 9 for a week or two and if you show nothing you will be dropped.

He could sh!t himself and start firing???

I think our best bet of winning the comp this year will be with Monoghan at 7. Maybe they could interchange or something??

It's bloody frustrating. The ideal bloke for 7 is playing like dog crap and the bloke who is playing well and wants to play 7 is pissing off to england next year.

11. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Would anyone consider Monas 7, Orford 6?

It would leave the long kicking to Monas, as well as taking most of the pressure off Ox.

Ox's best assets are taking each player as it unfolds in front of him. Monas has definately been the better organiser and leader of the two this season.

Let Monas control the game from 7, and give Ox the freedom to take one play on when it suits him rather than having to touch the ball every tackle.

This still allows Ballin to start at hooker. Burns utility.

Orford at hooker would be sh*thouse.

12. Bring_Back_The_Cliff

Bring_Back_The_Cliff New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Orford at hooker? Would be the worst move ever.

13. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fark something has to be done and like yesterday. And as for the 4 pt lead that we currently have over Parra, and the Cowboys. It should be a big wake up call for the Eagles. We must beat the Rooters this weekend and we must put them to sleep early.

14. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Yep, if we want to get even the slightest bit of respect back we need to put 50 past them.

15. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agree the good thing is we will have Bell,Kite and Stewart backing up from Origin 3 and hopefully injury free.

16. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Ryan has been trying to sabotage Manly for the best part of thirty years.

Here is another example.