Does Tony Williams care?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lismore_fan link said:
Oh great. Another Forum with the same baggers that won't give T-Rex a go!
He's 21 years old! He's a boy, for fcuk's sake.... still learning his trade.

What about the first run he did tonight,; he knocked the hell out of him - literally sat him on his ass.

Oh, I forgot, he scored two tries, too.
Yeah, I know.... anyone could have scored them but that Chinaman was nowhere to be found.

Sure, he frustrates me too, after all he's 115 kgs with speed to burn.
Why isn't he our solo ball runner - after all he's 115kgs and fast.

Give him a go....
Here's a thought - why not start hitting out at Bailey... he's Old, slow AND a hog!
By his own admission he wants to get into the second-row, or closer to the action. He's not stupid, he said he knows that he is targetted as slow in his mobility. But as Lismore said, he's only 21 and learning.
I too think it's pretty hard to single him out for bagging when our forward pack is being smashed week in/week out.
As soon as Bailey came on in the 51 minute I flicked the live feed, it's just incredulous that he is  in the squad let alone on the park!

I did the same when Bailey came on,  :D We really hit the skids when he gets on, he has to rank as one of Des's worst buys1 and Des signed him for 3 years, I remember reading the Newcastle websites and they frigging thought it was hilarious yet we signed him for 3!! I remember going heck, what has Des done! and we are seeing it every week! Why can't we give Palau, Lussick, Tasi a spot on the bench? Surely it's time to give 1-2 kids a shot, a bit of competition may stir up the pack? It can't be much worse.

lismore_fan link said:

What about the first run he did tonight,; he knocked the hell out of him - literally sat him on his ass.

Yeah, I know.... anyone could have scored them but that Chinaman was nowhere to be found.

Give him a go....
Here's a thought - why not start hitting out at Bailey... he's Old, slow AND a hog!

Shane link said:
This thread is pointless and stupid
If you want the man to blame look at the coach
Why would you put a true rookie with a winger that needs a fast
defender inside him? Whare was just as bad tonight in defense but
because he got a hattrick in his 1st game he gets a reprieve?

Why wasnt Matai on the same side as T Rex with Whare inside Robbo? that would have solved alot of headaches,Centres can change the side of the field as they arent on the sideline,Wingers have alot more trouble thanks to sidesteps,with the centres theyre always about 5 metres inside the line as it is

there was a whole thread dedicated to Bailey around here somewhere, cant find it atm

It's either because no one has smashed him yet to fire him up or he's afraid of letting go, losing it and ripping in out there...

Either way, it's bound to eventually happen, but the current way he's playing, taking things slow isn't working. He's got to play the full 80mins at high intensity and speed before he is able to play the game at a slower pace and dominate.. and that takes even the great players many years!

Everyone was ****e last night,except Foran who tried.  Robbo was particularly poor.  Disappointing to say the least. 

lismore_fan link said:

Give him a go....
You probably won't have noticed but you got applause for sticking up for T Rex and smite for Bailey comment !

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183751.msg269732#msg269732 date=1277503553]
Did Bailey even take the field?

yeah 29 min for 13 Tk 1Mt 5 runs 32 mt
[/quote]
and one try assist

Having Whare inside him, amrking up against an on fire Jennings made him look really poor. With Stewart and Wolfman out for the season, there's not really much else available, maybe Hoppa, but id rather have him develop a bit more and take over Stewart if he gets locked up, if not, move him to the wing.

Trex seems to slow down at the line to push 1 player off, which is all well and good 1 on 1, hell push em off every time. But every team has caught on to this and put 2, 3 or 4 in a tackle on him, knowing he'll pick 1 guy to hammer and the rest get a fairly easy shot at him.

jabroni link said:
Trex seems to slow down at the line to push 1 player off, which is all well and good 1 on 1, hell push em off every time. But every team has caught on to this and put 2, 3 or 4 in a tackle on him, knowing he'll pick 1 guy to hammer and the rest get a fairly easy shot at him.

You gotta admit - this is fun to watch!

The poor bugga going in, only to to catch the 180 going the wrong way!
Go T-Rex!

There is something odd about some of T Rex's play bringing the ball back. He sometimes passes to the lightweight Farrar and even from dummy half passes to lightweight robbo to take a hit up. T Rex himslef can cause huge damage taking some hit-ups in the centre every now and then, I can still picture his rampage against the Storm swatting away player after player like rag dolls. A work in progress no doubt.

I think the problem is that he is playing out of position.

he is just not fast enough over a short distance to be a winger the way the game is played these days - he just can't turn and chase quick enough. I don't doubt he has good speed over a longer distance, but he is such a big unit it takes him a few metres to get moving.

Defensively he is often exposed on that right side - i don't think it is any coincidence that we are getting destroyed down that right side - particularly with Lyon out.

Perhaps back row, or even front row could be the best position for him?

lismore_fan link said:

Give him a go....

Spot on mate

I didn't think Rex was too bad last night. I've seen him play better sure but I've seen him play a whole lot worse.

The huge problem in that game was the 5th tackle options. I think we only ever got 1 repeat set (not counting piggy backing penalties down field).

Having said all of this, Penrith played bloody well. Their passes stuck and their offloads always found the support player. Jennings should be in the NSW squad based on that performance alone.

I can't recall the final stats but there was a massive chunk of the game where both sides had 100% completion rates. Sounds great for us yes but really we didn't have a lot of possession in the first half.

The boys weren't even out-enthused in play. Penrith were simply red hot and to be honest I think they would have beaten anyone last night by the same margin.

Shane link said:
This thread is pointless and stupid
If you want the man to blame look at the coach
Why would you put a true rookie with a winger that needs a fast
defender inside him? Whare was just as bad tonight in defense but
because he got a hattrick in his 1st game he gets a reprieve?

Why wasnt Matai on the same side as T Rex with Whare inside Robbo? that would have solved alot of headaches,Centres can change the side of the field as they arent on the sideline,Wingers have alot more trouble thanks to sidesteps,with the centres theyre always about 5 metres inside the line as it is

How dare you say our coach (he who walks on water) got something wrong!Don't you know he gave us 40-0?In 2008?No,I'll be serious now,40-0 was OK in 2008,and 5th may have been OK for some in 2009 (with a limp exit),but if he gets the plaudits for what happened in 2008,he has to step up to the mark in 2010 (and beyond).I think there has been some strange coaching decisions this year.(not using all interchanges,not using all players)

Oh dear. Lismore.
Why would you get on this forum & encourage people to bag Bailey?

It'd be nice to have a thread that doesn't become a Bailey basher for once. Please.

"Hodko's crap. He passed it to Bailey!" 

this is a joke,penrith were fkn on fire once a season game for them,they could of had a crap and it would have turned too gold,our players gave everything they had.As for tony williams you blokes are kidding he has played uninterested in a few games this season,but not on this occasion he was up there with our best and returned the ball with more gusto than any other game 4 manly.He needs more ball,not the bagging you blokes are dishing him.Hes getting better each game and was a handful last night in my opinion.

lismore_fan link said:

Give him a go....

Yeah I agree Lismore fan, T-Rex seems to get flogged on these forums, i think the criticism is a bit harsh, I wonder how he'd go in the forwards......now as for Bailey, have to agree as well, he's ****, has a dumb-arse look on his face all the time, like he's totally out of his depth.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6