Does Manly get a fair go on the Telly - Free to air?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
An old chestnut but it would seem that Manly is not getting much of a go on Telly this year. Good for home crowds but ultimately free to air telly helps garner supporters especially under the young. The reaction around where I work and live with the Parra game has won us many young fans and there is quite an interest in the side.

We rated well last year when we got a reasonable run on Friday nights - Tigers, Broncos and Roosters and a few Sunday games to boot.

I am sick of seeing the same four or five teams get all the matches.

We should have a fair system like that in the AFL where the league determines the free to air games and spreads it around to all clubs and announces it at the start of the year rather than letting 9 decide about four weeks in advance. It makes it easier for certain clubs to get sponsorship/support and penalises those that struggle. Add this to the Broncos, Cowboys and Knights getting virtually every game telecast anyway and it reeks of unfairness to supporters who don't have pay TV.

You make a valid point CW but I can also see Ch 9's point of view.

They pay sh!t loads of money for the tv rights so they should have a input as to who they show.

No, we get absolutely screwed by the media and Channel 9. A lot of the media dislike us. Free to air coverage is vitally important in gaining fans and sponsorship $$$

Apparently they're showing the Dogs v Roosters over our game on CH 9 this w/e. HOW CAN YOU NOT SHOW THE GAME BETWEEN THE FORM TEAM IN THE COMP AND THE CURRENT PREMIERS !!!!! Channel 9 - shame on you.

No, we get absolutely screwed by the media and Channel 9. A lot of the media dislike us. Free to air coverage is vitally important in gaining fans and sponsorship $$$

You would think our Media Manager would be taking steps to rectify this issue

Apparently they're showing the Dogs v Roosters over our game on CH 9 this w/e. HOW CAN YOU NOT SHOW THE GAME BETWEEN THE FORM TEAM IN THE COMP AND THE CURRENT PREMIERS !!!!! Channel 9 - shame on you.

exactly makes you wonder doesn't it!

on top of that the game shsould be telecast live, im sick of seeing the sunday game on nine and the friday night game and already hearing the result! maybe the nrl could start the friday night game at 8 instead of 7:30 and televise it live. i believe next year there will be 2 friday night games one live one delayed, 2 on sat, 2 on sun and 1 on mon, this should be interesting.

I remember reading last year that TV games are selected by 9 about 5 weeks in advance (not sure if this is still the case and if so why) but it would be a bugger of a job picking the match of the round this far in advance. It will be interesting to see if we get a lot more TV games over the next month or so given our improved position on the table compared to where we were 5 weeks ago.

I put this up about a week back CW. Interesting facts with it.

Its interesting to note that after 7 rounds (14 GAMES) there are only 9 teams so far who have graced a free to air tv game. I would have thought that while a lot of it has to do with high rating games for advertising perposes with the comp so close we could have seen nearly every team in a free to air game so far this season. Even a little less bias would be an improvement. I just can't see how the Broncos should be allowed to take 5 out of 7 rounds on free to air.

Broncos: 5
Tigers: 4
Cowboys: 4
Eels: 4
Dragons: 3
Panthers: 3
Knights: 2
Bulldogs: 2
Roosters: 1

Even further to that argument, 6 of the top 8 highest earning clubs from last season are on that free to air list so far this season.

Brisbane - 20.3 Million
Roosters - 15.19 million
Dragons - 15.03 million
Newcastle - 12.76 million
Bulldogs - 12.55 million
Paramatta - 11.5 million

win more games get more TV games down the track, its not rocket science. As UP has suggested we should get more games in 5 - 6 weeks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4