Docker released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Daily telegraph list of ins and outs has Penrith Adam docker as being released..... This kid had big wraps on him only really recently... Has he been injured? ... Would have to be worth looking at, it's not like we don't need some much needed grunt up front..... I know a lot of you guys didn't think much of lui but I think he will be a big loss for us.... He was a stand out for us this year taking the courage hit ups when needed.... Docker well worth a look and if not anyone got any other front row or bigger back rower ideas.

Docker doesn't take hit ups. And when he does he gets knocked out a lot. He occasionally makes a good tackle. This is where the "hype" on him has come from. He is however, a lazy defender, offers nothing in attack and is good for a penalty not long after he comes off the bench..

Will will probably sign him, if only to compliment our other bog average Signings.

Something is going very wrong in recruitment/retention

Yeh I don't get the Docker hype either. Solid enough and can put on a good shot, but he's no SBW, JWH or SBurgess....which is what we need. Something dynamic, something that can bust a game open, something that can turn the momentum when needed. From what I've seen he's a little light on for size and we have plenty of smaller back row options with Ferris, Bleary, Brown and JSL.

Looks like on a show of hands it's a thanks, but no thanks, to Docker.

z205649641_answer_2_xlarge.jpg

Yeh I don't get the Docker hype either. Solid enough and can put on a good shot, but he's no SBW, JWH or SBurgess....which is what we need. Something dynamic, something that can bust a game open, something that can turn the momentum when needed. From what I've seen he's a little light on for size and we have plenty of smaller back row options with Ferris, Bleary, Brown and JSL.
I'm not disrespecting your comment but we did sign dce which I for one was happy about, but to sign a sbw. JWH or burgess type player with the money we have it won't happen. So for the quality of player like Docker on not to much coin I'd be more than happy for his services with the like of myles. Api. Lussick. Brown. Parcell. Sounds like a pretty solid side to me .

I'm not disrespecting your comment but we did sign dce which I for one was happy about, but to sign a sbw. JWH or burgess type player with the money we have it won't happen. So for the quality of player like Docker on not to much coin I'd be more than happy for his services with the like of myles. Api. Lussick. Brown. Parcell. Sounds like a pretty solid side to me .
It's not so much that they need to be established as a SWB, JWH, or Burgess level player, more or less the potential to become a player of that ilk or style. We need a tear away with a big frame, not a lean and mobile type back-rower of which we already have plenty. For example, the Dragons signed Russell Packer, who would not be on anywhere near the coin of SBW etc, but is a big lump of a lad that will take it to the opposition. Yes, yes, he is a grub etc, but it's just an example.

He'd also be on 5% of their wage.

He played city country two years ago and would be a great depth player. Unfortunately has neck issues.

It's not so much that they need to be established as a SWB, JWH, or Burgess level player, more or less the potential to become a player of that ilk or style. We need a tear away with a big frame, not a lean and mobile type back-rower of which we already have plenty. For example, the Dragons signed Russell Packer, who would not be on anywhere near the coin of SBW etc, but is a big lump of a lad that will take it to the opposition. Yes, yes, he is a grub etc, but it's just an example.
There's not much out there so we might have to wait 12 months and give the Dockers and Co a crack.

He'd also be on 5% of their wage.

He played city country two years ago and would be a great depth player. Unfortunately has neck issues.
Of course he is on 5% of the wage of those other guys, for a very good reason..... he isn't as good as them. We don't need backrow depth, that's one area we seem well served. Not knocking the kid, just don't see what we gain as a team if we sign him, especially if as you say he has "neck issues".

This is not the type of player we need. A player on his last legs held together by duck tape that offers nothing but the occasional big shot in defence isn't going to cut it in this team.
I think the answer we are all looking for is right under our nose in Demetriou. This is the lock forward we are looking for and we already have him.
Ill be happy if there was no more signings and save the money for midseason player unrest at other clubs then we can swoop. Waste of money just spending it because its there isn't my go. The only other player i would like on our books for next year would be Jack Bird.

I'll be interested to see how the Demigod goes as a forward in the NRL. I don't think his position is centre in the big league, he will have to move closer to the action. He runs hard and can put on a good hit, but doing that out in the centres in NYC is a different kettle of fish to doing it in the middle third against men in the NRL. Not sure on his endurance or his lateral movement, so strength and conditioning will be a big part in moving him forward. Anyway I assume he'll be too old for NYC next year ?? so he'll get a good hit out in NSW Cup to see what he has to offer.

Our forwards are Jake T, Myles, Lussick, Starling, *cough* Luke Burgess, Brown, Buhrer, Mateo, T-Red, Leary, JSL, Knight, Demetriou, BJ

That's 14 guys for what? 8/9 spots? That actually looks a little thin to me considering we also need to field a NSW Cup team...

Our forwards are Jake T, Myles, Lussick, Starling, *cough* Luke Burgess, Brown, Buhrer, Mateo, T-Red, Leary, JSL, Knight, Demetriou, BJ

That's 14 guys for what? 8/9 spots? That actually looks a little thin to me considering we also need to field a NSW Cup team...
+ Brenton Lawrence and a bevy of hookers.

Still be nice to have an explosive back rower on our books. Plenty of toilers. Anyone in NSW Cup worth looking at?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4