1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you want to be a part of an NRL Commercial?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MWSE Membership, Feb 11, 2014.

1. MWSE Membership

MWSE Membership Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 0
    Hi everyone,

The NRL have approached me wanting some die hard Sea Eagles Members to appear in an NRL commercial, here is what they are asking.

"We are looking for Sydney based fans to be involved in an NRL commercial which shows their passion for the game and their team. The film shoot is happening on the 15th and 16th of February, you would only be required for a maximum of two hours on one of these days. If you are interested please email a photo of yourself in your fan gear, at a game, or any scenario that shows your support for (insert team name) and your contact details to nrlfanstvc@gmail.com"

If you are interested or know of someone who may be please follow the above instructions.

I would love to see some of your representing us on TV!

cheers,

Michael

2. Daddycool08

Daddycool08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4
    If it's not a radio commercial I aint interested.

I have a good head for radio but not TV.

3. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    Might apply for this one, with my mask, top hat and cape.

4. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I'd be keen if the 9's weren't on the same two days.

5. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    As long as your mask, top hat and cape are all in Manly colours, I can't see a problem (but that's just me. I don't know about the NRL's take on it would be) :D

6. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,631 / 74
    I'd be keen, but what if I do something silly or illegal just prior to the ad's release? I'm reluctant to bring the game into disrepute, and would not risk causing extra editing and shooting expenses because of my behaviour.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ManlyArmy

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    Sure is.

Think I might go mask, top hat, cape, scarf, manly jersey, manly footy short, manly footy socks and maroon footy boots :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    If it's for TV I'd probably go with pants as well...

• Like Like x 1
  9. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,723 / 10
  10. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    The NRL will have 45,000 passionate Fans this weekend - why don't they let them star :huh:

11. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    Im happy to do it, provided the NRL does one little thing for me.
    I would like them to give me a fair and balanced appraisal of the refereeing in last years grand final. And why they allowed such poor adjudicating to ruin the years biggest game.

12. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    They want passion for the game they should come film me and a mate watching it on 3 different streams in case one fails at stupid times of day and night

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    Or they could film me and the dog watching. He's the only one in the family who can handle me getting pissed and swearing at the TV....as an added bonus he'll bite you if you're wearing a Broncos jersey...

14. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    I don't want to be a part of the commercial, I want to be the star. Then I'll get a role on Home and Away, followed by releasing a single then I'll move to LA, convert all my A-lister peops to Manly supporters.
    Collect all those bunnies jerseys Rusty's given out and burn them, then go to New York Harbour and plant a giant Sea Eagle flag in the Statue of Liberty's raised hand.
    GOOO MAANNNLY!!!

15. ManlyArmy

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    All Manly supporters are A-Listers, no need to convert :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    I believe you may be correct.

17. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,782 / 58
    molson canadian (beer) have this series of ads about a guy living a long way away and he starts showing the locals hockey (and beer) and converting said locals to hockey fans.

So umm... if Manly are looking for someone a long way away (or jim beam..lol) wishing to do a series of feel good ads about a guy with no mates (tru dat) finding friends and converting locals to footy...

well.....

well....

hint hint

- I'd probably know someone over here.

sigh

Go Manly!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6K-ESdfaN4[/video]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    pretty miserable turn out apparently. they were throwing jerseys on anyone within cooee of the station and if there was more people there for one team than others they put you in another jersey. A friend who is an eels fan (bad enough as is..) was forced to chuck on a doggies jersey to make up numbers. i would've told em to shove it if they said here just wear another teams outfit.

• Like Like x 1