Do we want our club back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They overpaid DCE because of some really dumb recruitment decisions in 2015. He was willing to take less, but Manly stuffed it and only got him back by paying overs. Not DCE's fault. Blame Penns and the Board before Fulton came back.

DCE is probably the most out of form 1/2 in the game today. I'd literally take almost any current 1/2 back over him, and I don't care if he's on 70k or 1.2M. Form is form.

The only way I can see us getting 'our club back' is if the owners get into such big financial difficulties (i.e. low membership numbers, lack of sponsors, poor gate takings etc) that the Commission is forced to step in and run the organisation until it's back on an even keel.

That could open the way for Toovey to step in as CEO and Hasler as Director of Football.

Anything that consigns the extended Penn family, along with fellow nepotism advocate Robert Fulton (and sons) to the dustbin of broken footballing dreams, could only be a good thing.

it is obvious why Toovey may have preferred the Quantum owners...
He knew if the Penns took full ownership the club would turn into laughing stock

He is truly the spiritual leader of Manly and the cosmic scales of justice are about to pissss all over the Penns and Bozo

prepare for karma peoples the Manly glory days are over

I am generally an optimist.. But Myles and Brown spells trouble, without going into details of the mentality of the current owners

We can't keep every backline player mate.
At the time we had Stewart, Matai, Lyon, Turbo and purchased walker.

I don't know the ins and outs of recruitment - but they obviously thought they were sorted in the backline. Happy with the stocks they had. So they strengthened where they thought they were weak. Guessing this was Utility in Brown.

Can't keep them all mate. That's what the salary cap is all about. And good on them for giving the kids a crack elsewhere. Some of them are rocks - some are diamonds.
Melbourne don't have this trouble. They discover talent, and they also take offcasts like Blair and turn them into top first graders. Who ever thought Poo was a better player than any of the backs we shafted from our 2015 roster doesn't deserve to be associated with RL.

I remember when our spiritual leader Toovey, announced he would proudly step aside if Hasler came back ....

What a man of honour.... a true champion mate

putting the club before his own pride
That's why bozo is in the bad books with us fans, his selfishness is the reason toovs isn't leading us to greatness again and that is why we are so bitterly disappointed in him... Just because there is personal issues between him and bozo doesn't mean that he can do what he wants and force geoff out of the door. I'm enraged at our manly great, bob Fulton... As are we

Are you getting a bit fed up with sitting back and watching our once great club being destroyed.

Perhaps it's time we all questioned the motives of persons in power and the direction of our club.

Has a cancer invaded our club? Is there corporate games and media trickery, with no understanding of football nouse, set upon complete control, who placed personal agenda in front of the best interest of the club?

With full control are they incompetent? Is anything but destruction occuring at this once great club. Club legends gone, the deliberate attempts to destroy our district football club, the loss of our juniors, and now all our grades are hitting record lows.

The nepotism has returned, Scott Fulton previously fractured our club in the 90's, when club supporters would boo a player running out onto the field In our own jersey.

Our successful coaches all sacked. Our talented local juniors from a under 20's grand final sent packing, any administrator, support person with a demonstrated ability to achieve success gone. But non performers like Willow retained.

We have to ask ourselves what are this mob really trying to achieve? From the outside looking in, one could view such decisions combined to be a deliberate move to destroy this club. Are we staying a Brookvale?

On one hand it's a results driven business, the hypocrisy of it, if that is the case, then our management agrees that right now, they must sack themselves! Don't they!

A couple of questions? With Toovey at the helm, did you ever feel like this was not your club? Like this club had nothing to do with the local area? That you as a supporter were irrelevant? Do you support Zorba?

Our Major sponsor has left. Now the back sponsor is on its bike as well.

As an observation the dragon members have arranged protest rallies, and are very public against Mr Doust and the direction of that club.

Are the dragons in a worse position then what our club is currently in?

Geoff Toovey remains for me at least the true spiritual leader of this club. The way he has refused to bad mouth this club, the people who **** canned him, with all the calculated leaks, minutes before he went to air and more.

Who is the person you have confidence in to do the right things for this club? It's juniors. Whose team do you want to get behind and support. Is it Tooves or this current mob?
Without a doubt that this is the best article I've read about the state of our club in a long time. Your words echo the fears that many of us have about the direction that our club is going in.

I have not felt this pessimistic since the dark days of 2002/4.

Watching our club disintegrate this year has been painful. The fabric ripped apart. The unity which was the hallmark of a decade of success shredded by egos and greed.

The attitude towards the football club and members leaves a lot to be desired. To call your members irrelevant is so out of order.

We desperately need someone to bring the club together and put a plan in action that we all follow.

As a member I want to know if our ground is to be refurbished? What are the new signings for 2017? Will there be some genuine accountability and honesty?

If the owners had any nous they would read articles like this rather than flippantly dismissing them.

Well done for writing this and being in tune with what most of us are thinking now about the club.

New tv deal fundamentally changes the economics of the game. We are not far away from NRL teams being, in relative terms, as profitable as NFL teams.

This is correct , and wasn't worthy of a " funny" icon, in relative terms all of each clubs player costs , operational costs , coaching costs will be covered.

Clubs will only have to fund stuff like corporate entertaining, front office staff, merchandising and the like.

Will change the dynamics for the poorer clubs like the Knights / Titans.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6