Do we have anythng to worry about with Matt Ballin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daddycool08

Reserve Grader
I saw Matt and Cameron Smith come together just before Melbourne's Slater scored that try.

I was wondering will Matt Ballin be charged with using his body to hit Cameron Smith's elbow and forearm three times while holding Smith on top of him?

It was Ok I suppose, Melbourne got the penalty at least. (I know I cannot really write proper sarcasm.)

I would have thought the next time Smith tackled anyone the player should have forearmed him three times apparently that's allowed now in the game and if you do that you'll get a penalty.

I suppose nothing will come of it though NRL?????? :mad:

He has an amazing track record of tackles made, games played, fitness, team culture, effort, likeability. A true hero of the game, and HE's OURS! But why does he not feature in our 3-2-1 selections like he should ? The stuff he does is not spectacular, it isn't for the highlights reel on the 6pm News.

I beg all posters, (I'm guilty of not noticing MB as well) to really think about his contribution, and challenge you all to properly credit him in the future. FFs, Channel Nein are not going to do it!

The only things he cant quite do is 'invent' / accelerate like Robbie Farrah, and do scum acts and get away with them. like the Scum captain. But you cant have everything. Perhaps he could improve his 'off the mark acceleration with the right kind of Donny S coaching ?

Daddycool08 said:
It was Ok I suppose, Melbourne got the penalty at least. (I know I cannot really write proper sarcasm.)

Your doing good, I get the impression not many here can read it well.

I have concerns that if Cam Smith gets tennis elbow after he retires he may sue Ballin for his vicious headbutt. A la McCracken sueing Kearney

I waited at the fence at full time for the storm players to do their victory lap, and when this piece of garbage walked past I said 'nice to know the Australian captain is such a grub'.
He stopped and looked at me and started walking towards me and said 'what did you say?'
I said 'the Australian captain is a grub'.
He said 'no more than any of your players' and jogged off.

Matt Ballin is our one 'constant'. I fear the day he doesn't line up for us.
I never overlook his efforts, and while he rarely receives a MOM award he never plays a bad game.
He is up there with our best hookers - Max and Freddie.

Matt Ballin is a Manly legend.

Three time grand finalist, two time premiership winner. Never lets Manly down and never even misses a game (touch wood).

Well said The Who - right up there with Manly's best hookers in history.

bones said:
I waited at the fence at full time for the storm players to do their victory lap, and when this piece of garbage walked past I said 'nice to know the Australian captain is such a grub'.
He stopped and looked at me and started walking towards me and said 'what did you say?'

I'm glad you repeated it
Deaf as well as a grub

Berkeley_Eagle said:
bones said:

I'm glad you repeated it
Deaf as well as a grub

I think he thought I wouldn't say it again to his face.

bones said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
bones said:

I'm glad you repeated it
Deaf as well as a grub

I think he thought I wouldn't say it again to his face.

You're lucky he didn't elbow you. It's not like he'd get charged for it. What a piece of work. Trash from head to toe. One of Greensnake's ornaments of the game.

He IS more of a grub than MWSE players : Would MB do what he did merely because a guy wouldn't let go of his jumper, attempting to slow the play the ball ? He essentially was admitting it.

bones said:

You should've cut open his neck and danced in his blood.

Too much?

#drunk

#in trouble

bones said:
He said 'no more than any of your players' and jogged off
Brett Stewart got done for an elbow once, though I don't think he drew blood or caused any damage with it.

I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it. As long as there is no fear of getting a smack in the mouth by the victim, or one of his teammates, the game will get worse and worse with the grubby tactics. If Watmough would have run in and lifted Smith to his feet and put one on his jaw, I'll bet Cam wouldn't do that crap again all year. Watmough couldn't, the ref did nothing, and Cam and all the other grubs in the NRL will get more and more consistent with it.

Are there any Parents out there that feel secure knowing that the game has been "cleaned up" because you can't clout someone that desperately needs it? A forearm to the bridge of the nose, even at close quarters will damage your beak as quickly as a punch will. It's actually way easier to land than if Ballin and Smith were standing toe to toe trying to land a punch.

Sigh.......I hate the storms filthy tactics.

bones said:

Well done bones.
It says a lot that he didn't deny it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4