Do we go out and have a real crack or go out with a whimper?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Technical Coach said:
As a coach the Souths game was always going to be a near impossible task considering there was less pressure on Souths to perform with a second chance card up their sleeve.

I stated a few weeks ago I did not want to play Souths in the Semi's as I thought we were no chance---i would fancy our chances against them more in a GF pressure cooker environment which may nullify their superiority in the forwards.

Going against the Dogs I would have more belief we are a chance, their size is big but not explosive so we should be more successful of slowing down the play the balls. The Dogs also come across like the Manly of 2009/2010 a little of the wrong type of size, some sluggishness and consistently fading in the second half.

Would be great if Watmough was playing to hit the gaps behind marker in the second half or even crabbing and engaging a few forwards and popping a short ball to a straight runner plus having their forwards make multiple tackle attempts on him to create fatigue--- the composure of Lyon will be missed also.

The problem is the forwards lack self belief, the backs/halves don't believe the forwards can get the job done add in the injury toll/suspensions and you should have a recipe for disaster but I'm more optimistic about this game than Friday night if you are looking for a bright side.

We stay within 12-14 points at half time we are still a small chance.

Fly in Ben Kennedy right now to lift the troops this week at training-- especially the forwards it will be money well spent.

Lyon will play..

Blessing in disguise Choc out with suspension.. easy 2 weeks maybe 3.

Its down to pride now.

Surely the team has to lift, we are playing our nemesis this week.

We MUST be together if we are to have any hope!!!

panash said:
Technical Coach said:
As a coach the Souths game was always going to be a near impossible task considering there was less pressure on Souths to perform with a second chance card up their sleeve.

I stated a few weeks ago I did not want to play Souths in the Semi's as I thought we were no chance---i would fancy our chances against them more in a GF pressure cooker environment which may nullify their superiority in the forwards.

Going against the Dogs I would have more belief we are a chance, their size is big but not explosive so we should be more successful of slowing down the play the balls. The Dogs also come across like the Manly of 2009/2010 a little of the wrong type of size, some sluggishness and consistently fading in the second half.

Would be great if Watmough was playing to hit the gaps behind marker in the second half or even crabbing and engaging a few forwards and popping a short ball to a straight runner plus having their forwards make multiple tackle attempts on him to create fatigue--- the composure of Lyon will be missed also.

The problem is the forwards lack self belief, the backs/halves don't believe the forwards can get the job done add in the injury toll/suspensions and you should have a recipe for disaster but I'm more optimistic about this game than Friday night if you are looking for a bright side.

We stay within 12-14 points at half time we are still a small chance.

Fly in Ben Kennedy right now to lift the troops this week at training-- especially the forwards it will be money well spent.

Lyon will play..

Blessing in disguise Choc out with suspension.. easy 2 weeks maybe 3.

Said as much in another thread. We stay within reach with 15-20 min to go we'll come home over the top of them.

Manly had a tough road to glory through the 2014 finals, until now..

Whilst we have had several weeks of barely changing any gears in the Manly machine on the field, struggling and being dominated too easily throughout too many sets, the grand plan is all falling into place nicely: let all others think we’re gone, weak, giving other teams a false sense of security, and formulate a better finals run!

With the Chooks’ loss that puts them on Souffs side of things along with the Cowboys now, with Manly on the other side alongside the Dogs & Riff – no Easts v Souths Grand Final!

It’s time the Sea Eagles fire well on all gears and cylinders, to show what we can do in finals footy.. However honestly if we don’t life & perform hugely better we’ll be swept aside and gone, which certainly looks likely.

ALl the Manly boys need to have a crack and try to take it all the way, playing for the pride of the Maroon and White!

Bring on week 2 of the finals, and (somehow ;) Go Manly!

For the first time all season we lost two matches in a row.
Unfortunately I think we're cooked. I've kept my faith over the past three months about all the in-fighting. Now, I just feel deflated.
Only if the players show the same pride in our jersey as we fans do will we have a chance of competing, let along beating the Dirty Dogs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4