Do the squeels have a salary cap?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
Sport Confidential: Kieran Foran’s impending arrival to spark a Parramatta reshuffle
  • James Hooper
  • The Daily Telegraph
  • March 13, 2015 12:00AM
SO what does the worst kept secret in the game about Kieran Foran joining Parramatta next season mean for the current Eels halves pairing of Chris Sandow and Corey Norman? Surprisingly, the forecast is blue skies and sunshine.

As it stands right now, the Eels are looking to extend the off-contract Sandow’s deal beyond this season provided he maintains his fitness and form from round one.

Norman’s future is just as intriguing, with the Eels hatching a plot to move him to fullback. Norman is under contract until the end of next season and with a left-foot kicking game, clever vision and experience playing fullback, it’s a logical move from the Eels.

The Parramatta backline reshuffle would then be complete by William Hopoate returning to the centres, where he debuted for the NSW Blues as a teenager.

Crucially from the blue-and-gold perspective, the Eels current roster would remain intact and none of the changes would come into play until next season.

Foran’s management met with Parramatta powerbrokers last Wednesday to continue working towards an official announcement next week.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...amatta-reshuffle/story-fnp0lyn3-1227260420759

So will Hopoate accept less than $800k a season? Will Sandow accept less than $550 a season etc And Foz to be on about 1.2 mill next year....?!

Well then that equals lots of money, can someone help me with the figures they just don't seem to add up to the salary cap at the worms???

Last edited:
Hooper is clueless. Unless Hayne comes back, there is no way Hoppa will move back to the centres and Norman go to fullback. Norman will be released or dropped.

Probably they will have a cashed up backline but won't be able to keep there young forwards they will get poached for more money they can offer . in the end they will play behind a understrength pack except for one ageing back rower

Probably they will have a cashed up backline but won't be able to keep there young forwards they will get poached for more money they can offer . in the end they will play behind a understrength pack except for one ageing back rower

And this is the quandary today isn't it, having a "balanced side" that fits into the cap, and procuring similar talent to replace the ones that either retire or get poached with higher offers elsewhere.

I heard a rumour that dce is only on the titans books for 500k pa and the other 500 is magic third party agreements care of the NRL.
Now wouldn't his real worth be around 800 of the cap?

It is pretty sinple how they could do it
If Hayne was on 700k this year (which he could have been) they could front load some contracts I.e pay choc two years of wages in one year making space for next year

We have to remember that even if a player signs a 3 year, 1 million a year contract they are rarely paid 1 million a year

Interesting the they keep saying how much guys want to play for Arthur, but how ****ing desperate are Parra to get Fao'so to play. That's not a great sign for your recruitment and depth if you are pleading with the NRL to let Richie play.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6