Do the players care?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyMatt

Reserve Grader
Well we are last on the table. Things have gotten pretty bad and there are so many rumours and innuendo flying about i don't know what to believe. What i want to know is are the players committed? They certainly don't seem to be if you take on field efforts at face value but there are also many other factors to consider at the moment (injuries etc.). A few people were posting after the Albury game about players partying way past the appropriate point following the game and that is very disheartening if true. What I'm asking is does anybody have any reliable information or first hand experiences that would shed light on where the player's heads are at? This thread may give people a chance to sort the bull from the facts and form an opinion on where to go from here. I support Toovey at this point and I know there is no need for more negativity on this forum but for me, if the players have lost interest and do not have a drive to win anymore then that falls squarely on him. In saying that there are other factors that are obviously out of his control.

7e6b50d2dd3ed598d18fda608b3bf96277aba4ca45c61b97e1d3a0d79752cdc8_1.jpg

Get yourself down to the wharf bar tonight.
All questions will be answered first hand

Knowing there is 0 pressure from the reggies squad, they can all afford to be as carefree as Big Willie; they know their pay check is safe from Reggies players.

They have ready made excuses (injuries, players out of position, DCE/FORAN shadow games, no Choc/GIFT, not playing at Brookie, etc).

I'm sure they "want" to win, its just they don't have to win.

I read those comments (from Foran, was it?) about how the players are all still very positive at training and not down at all and I have to say the idea of them having a nonchalant attitude bugged me a bit. They shouldn't be positive, they shouldn't be smiling after games and doing the same old things every week. They should be horribly and completely ashamed of their efforts. Every other team in the NRL is clearly there to compete. We're not. We're the worst team by a long margin - no attack, no defence - and our position on the ladder reflects that.

I think they try but as a team they are not as together as they once were. We need to see all the guys back first. Hard to judge it with so many key guys out with long term injuries.

Joey Johns was talking on Sunday about how the dragons are really playing for each other and how you can't coach that.

Some players are definitely not playing for their "mates"

I think to imagine the players don't care is frankly ludicrous.

Certainly some don't care, although to his credit I think Daly is trying and is possibly only 70% fit.

But the majority would be hurting as badly as we are, do you really think professional players in the modern era aren't competitive??

Just imagine the sledging they'd be getting on the field ( and off if they read here and I know a number do).

A ridiculous comment , of course they do.

They have an injury crises, they are in a very deep hole , and in poor form BUT can you imagine them not hurting bad because of it???

Sorry but I can't!!

Certainly some don't care, although to his credit I think Daly is trying and is possibly only 70% fit.

Call me sceptical here, but his increased efforts have only really come very recently, just as it looks like Ben Hunt might steal that Origin utility slot on form.. and the $60k that comes with playing those three games.

Not sure if its a 'don't care' thing, more a don't have faith in each other thing, some that are trying seem to be trying too hard and because its more individual efforts happening things like that just dont work in a team sport.

Hopefully over the time off for rep weekend Toovs can take the squad somewhere on a soul searching mission...................................... minus the #6 and #7.

Some troll made a first post saying his mate or then it was his brother or someone had heard through the walls of the team hotel that some players had a party after the match. Surprised it didn't make National 9 News.

Lol that's pretty funny, I actually stayed at the same hotel as the team in Albury, and I did not hear or see anything like that at all.

the more i watch the more i realise what the problem is, there is no cohesion, when you take into account how many new faces are in the team , you start to understand that they don't have the cohesion like the team of old , so its a team of individuals and not knowing each others game makes it impossible to launch an attack or defence..jmo

the more i watch the more i realise what the problem is, there is no cohesion, when you take into account how many new faces are in the team , you start to understand that they don't have the cohesion like the team of old , so its a team of individuals and not knowing each others game makes it impossible to launch an attack or defence..jmo
And I respect that opinion ;)

Lol that's pretty funny, I actually stayed at the same hotel as the team in Albury, and I did not hear or see anything like that at all.
You must've been staying next to DCE'S room that's why it was all quiet...he wasnt invited to the party.@:D

Do the players rally read the posts on here? If they do, maybe I should start being nicer? Lol

The answer is yes.

When I was close to the club in a professional sense , there were opportunities for some one on one discussions in a casual sense .

I got invited to a poker game, maybe 2007/8 , after a few beers, and a few Bourbons I got game and said " listen do any of you guys read the fan forum Silvertails".

I won't tell you who was at the table but there was a chorus of " of course we do".

And I don't know about Kelly but Grant & Dave spent hours on here.

So not only players, management as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6