Do miracles happen??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If you ask any Panther supporter today they will give you a big resounding YES.

Dubbed the "pretenders" all year didn't they show some class and determination last night.

For those of you unaware one of my two in laws is a Panthers fan, Mick (who lives in Moree) has had the year from hell, at age 35 diagnosed with Colrectal Cancer in September last year.

He's just completed, 3 months of Radiation / Chemo, followed by a few weeks off, then 3 1/2 weeks in hospital, 7 days of which he was in intensive care for the biggest operation you could think of and then all followed up by 6 months of more chemo.

This concluded just in time for me to shout him a trip to Brookvale for the last home game where if not for a miracle he would have seen his side beat mine.

Last night it was his turn for a miracle, and his Panthers delivered in spades.

Mick was up for the weekend and sitting next to me last night watching the game, I was doing a fair bit of cheering for his team and was so pleased for the result and he said, "that was our turn for a miracle".

They left to head back to Moree this morning and as he shook my hand and said farewell he said,

" We've had our miracle now its your turn to get another one".

Lets hope he's right!!

And let's hope he remains well, Mark. Good luck to him!

If we don't win it, I'll cheering for the Panfers. They have been a breath of fresh air this year and congratulations to them.

Heres a confession Mark, until recently could not stand Soward...actually got to give him credit on a great season & playing with plenty of toughness that was lacking previously....Panthers have shocked even the most ardent supporters....shows how important desire can be to get over the line & on the flip side, over confidence to the point of arrogance like the Roosters, can lose a game.

Budgewoi Eagle said:

Yes mate its all good so far BUT the first two years are the big worry, so fingers crossed for him, our daughter and two little boys!!

Oh and if we get knocked out his Panthers!!

Budgewoi Eagle said:

I concur with this.

And yes to answer your question Mark, let's hope so.

Even before last night I was going for the Panthers as a back up team.

The great thing was I had to endure a day of misery from my Roosters family, which certainly changed later!!!

Nothing miraculous about the Panthers win, that club has been on the rise since G Gould took over and since Soward had "something to prove" - mostly to himself.

Hats off to Gus. The Panfars have turned their ship around, if they can keep uncovering talent from their massive nursery they should be top 8 material every year.

Soward carried on like a first class arse hole last night, but he produced some wonderful clutch plays and I am very happy for the Penrith football club and their supporters. Boy can Ivan Cleary coach!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6