Do cops with a Lidar have to pull you over if you are speeding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Righto,

Having a bit of a debate here, I was a passenger in a car today and as we were going down the main street we saw some cops with a Lidar pointing it in our direction. The driver thinks they were going a bit over the limit but not sure.

I always thought that the cops with the hand held Lidars have to pull you over and issue you a fine rather than issue it after the fact, is this correct, or can they just send you a fine later on?

If so what evidence do they have etc?

Like I say for hand held lidars that have no camera, I always thought they needed to pull you over, right?

oh well I lost that argument. It was in my car. Car still registered in NSW (legally have another 2 months) so it will take a while to wind up here, then I would need to stat dec it over to the driver, meh, would have probably been less than 5Kms over anyways.

I lost $20 in the bet though!

If your 5 km over you won't get anything.

Up here you are allowed to be 10% over the limit.

If it's a 50 zone they allow you to go 55

60 = 66 etc.

The only reason they would send you out a fine is if you were driving away from them and he got you from behind.

If he was in front of you and you were heading towards him he would have pulled you over.

Wanna know how I know this??

Funny story. I got done by a cop with a hand held. He pulled me over gave me the ticket etc.

I then had the S**ts and drove off with the S**ts. Went over the limit he got me when I left too. 2 weeks later I got a ticket in the mail.

So, in 4 mins I lost 4 points and $400.

Ahh so I was right in a way.

he would have had your details and known you were the driver. LOL

In this case it wouldn't have been worth their time. That's it I am asking for my $20 back, that is enough of a loop hole for me

**** what was it a 50 zone or 40?

poor bugger

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7