DM Appreciation thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well aware who it was Matas, thats why I didnt say you agreed with Little Johnny.

I would have though Fraser would have been your favorite PM with his outstanding work in the late 70s early 80s in southern Africa ;)

Here's something I had in yesterday's paper about Fraser.

Maybe my cynicism derives from my upbringing. Living the first ten years of one’s life in the midst of the concluding stages of the war for Zimbabwe’s independence (1965-1980) was not exactly a picnic.

Could it come from being trained to shoot to kill at age six, and carrying pistol with intent every time we ventured into the countryside?

Or perhaps it was losing a neighbour to a callously planted land mine or attending a memorial service for two girls in my primary school who were ambushed and slain at the gates of their farm.

How about the bomb that went off in our downtown supermarket with no warning or the laughable “terrorist drills� we used to practice at school where we’d dive under our desks to avoid mortars flying through the windows.

Did I mention the two aero planes that were shot out of the sky with heat seeking missiles, the survivors brutally finished off on land by the chasing insurgents?

Of course, all of that was tacitly approved of by Australia’s Fraser-led government of the time. These people were collateral, their death acceptable if it delivered “democracy�.

Let’s not forget that what Fraser and his cohorts actually delivered was Robert Mugabe.

This brings me to Australia’s own “war on terror�.........................

That was basically my point, Fraser and his cohorts have a lot to answer for.

Hopefully history wont prove Howard and Bush and the like as criminally liable as big Mal should have been.

But as we all know history is simply propaganda written by the victors.

And its a bit hard to forget Mugabe is the end result when it is still going on. And unfortunately will be till the US has a vested interest in something going on. which wont be anytime soon.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4