Disgraceful

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think that was a time factor Matas, there'll be plenty of replays of it in days to come.

Fro link said:
[quote author=QldEagle link=topic=180484.msg224367#msg224367 date=1243152464]
10 - 15 points isnt the issue the final decisiion is the issue, it was crap, if that ref ever sees first grade again ill tackle him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is 100% the issue, if we were in front the 2 points wouldnt have meant jack S**t.

Yet again we playeds woefully, and all the talk will be about the refereeing, covering the underlying problems with the way we are playing.

And I agree it was a woeful decision, and it should result in Checcin being axed, but it was not THE reason we lost, it was simply the last factor in it.
[/quote]

we didn't play woefully, we made good metres in the centre and our defense wasn't the worst i have seen this year. Our problem was 5th tackle options (no pressure in the in goal) and the lack of ability to score a try in the opposition 25.

Fro - Between the 45th min mark and the 60th minute mark... we/orford bombed 3 tries.... that's 12 points. He made up 5 of them... we get those other 7 points we win the game easily.

There isn't enough strength in my keys to withstain the barrage i'd love to give the ref's.... but the point is the game was all but lost before then.... we didn't deserve to get away with that one.

Nutzcraw link said:
Disgraceful - That's one word to describe orfords game today.
You wrote that trash before the game started obviously.  Ox won the game with a great individual try and then when Kite and Le Strange got Titans back into it with a poor miss (after another poor Robbo trap in goal), then Ox won it again with a field goal.  In the end Manly didn't lose the game, one referee won it for the Titans.

I agree with everyone whoss said it's a disgrace. What was the penalty for??? I've got no idea. Even with Manly not taking their chances, why is it a penalty? Why??? I've enjoyed the two refs system, but the problem is you have twice as many chances to **** it up. They're completely incompetent, useless. Why are these hacks deciding games???

Nutzcraw link said:
Rex... I wrote that about 15 mins after watching the game.

Trust me... he was S**t

I do trust you Nutz.  I trust you to see every game through your Ox-hating eyes. Doesn't matter what actually transpires in the particular game.

I thought this was going to be a thread on Orfuls 5th tackle options given the title. The Titans did everything humanly possible to gift us this game and yet we couldn't seal the deal. I'll give Orford some credit for his running game today, but his ability to read a game and orchestrate a try is pathetic. His vision is so restricted it's like he is playing in blinkers. We should have scored after that break by Choc as we had a 20 man overlap, what did Orford do ? butchered it with some  mind blowingly dumb plays. His kicking game was rubbish again, I lost count of how many times the commentators said that was "a poor option" or "a disappointing end to the set". Fair dinkum, as Nutz said we should have been up by at least two tries and not left it in the lap of some useless piece of sh!t with a whistle.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Nutzcraw link=topic=180484.msg224396#msg224396 date=1243153390]

Trust me... he was S**t

I do trust you Nutz.  I trust you to see every game through your Ox-hating eyes. Doesn't matter what actually transpires in the particular game.
[/quote]

I don't hate orford.

I hate his 5th tackle options.... and kicking game.

With the amount of tries he butchered.. the least he could do was score one himself!

If Williams had actually put the ball down rather than throwing it away we would have won it. Are you going to blame him? Orford is ordinary but if you're going to blame someone for the loss it isn't him. What do you want, another field goal? Why was it a penalty against him for knocking on? It was the most unchequered run I've ever seen, Orford may not be a superstar but the loss sits squarely on the refs shouders.

Agreed we should've been ahead by more, but that's not the point in this thread. We were up 17-16 and got jewed.

DSM5 I take losses really hard, not having many more years to watch the greatest game of all.

Mate while i don't know whats going on in your life as it's your own personal business but i am saddened to read what you have wrote above.

To know that another fellow Sea Eagle Supporter maybe going through hard times if that's the case than I'm truely mate.

Take care

Nutzcraw link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=180484.msg224405#msg224405 date=1243154261]

Trust me... he was S**t

[/quote]

I don't hate orford.

With the amount of tries he butchered.. the least he could do was score one himself!
[/quote]

<Start Rant>

I hate Orford - I went to the game and that kick he put in with 6.25 to go summed him up - he's nothing and hasn't got ****, putting a grubber kick in - in the position he was in at 16 all, that didn't even reach the try line was crap. It was 16 all he should have been professional enough to be set for the field goal and Toovey should have had to run out in the next set and tell him to kick one.

Plus we where the dominate team and he fails continuously to convert those opportunities into points, our backs look continuously disorganised and it time for the gnome to pissoff and that last drop out of his sums he up as a player - lots of effort but going nowhere and continually coming up short.

<End Rant>

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Nutzcraw link=topic=180484.msg224414#msg224414 date=1243155330]
[quote author=Rex link=topic=180484.msg224405#msg224405 date=1243154261]

Trust me... he was S**t

[/quote]

I don't hate orford.

[/quote]

<Start Rant>

I hate Orford - I went to the game and that kick he put in with 6.25 to go summed him up - he's nothing and hasn't got S**t, putting a grubber kick in - in the position he was in at 16 all, that didn't even reach the try line was crap. It was 16 all he should have been professional enough to be set for the field goal and Toovey should have had to run out in the next set and tell him to kick one.

Plus we where the dominate team and he fails continuously to convert those opportunities into points, our backs look continuously disorganised and it time for the gnome to pissoff and that last drop out of his sums he up as a player - lots of effort but going nowhere and continually coming up short.

<End Rant>
[/quote]
YOu can't blame him for being short.

I like Orford but I'm really starting to think that he is not the answer any more ? he just may have to move on he just doesn't cut it week in and week out Jamie Lyon however is doing a lot more in attack than him if not for Jamie Lyon we could still be on zero points.

Whether we were one point up or 20 it makes no difference.

The decision was a poor one and this instance as we were one point up it cost us the game. I agree with Des's comments that two teams played their guts out and the Ref decides the winner. Thats not what this game is suppposed to be about.

Now I know how the Dogs fans felt.

Lachie link said:

The decision was a poor one and this instance as we were one point up it cost us the game. I agree with Des's comments that two teams played their guts out and the Ref decides the winner. Thats not what this game is suppposed to be about.

I was pissed off after this happened to the dogs last week and I hate them - for it to happen again the week after and the video ref not to advise the on field official he had made a blatant mistake is in excusable.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Lachie link=topic=180484.msg224452#msg224452 date=1243158424]

I was pissed off after this happened to the dogs last week and I hate them - for it to happen again the week after and the video ref not to advise the on field official he had made a blatant mistake is in excusable.
[/quote] 3/7 games this weekend have received the wrong result because of bad officiating.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6