Disgraceful refereeing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
can't help thinking that mabye rugby league would be reffed better if we implemented backyard rules and just let players ref themselves.

The honesty system has to be better than the boffins that the nrl is paying to 'ref' each week.

Volley said:
It's not the 2 ref system that's the issue though, it's simply the fact that all the refs bar Hayne & Archer are incompetent. The fact they are being led by the egotistical and cheating Bill Harrigan gives the game no hope.

Whoeover the Ref was that yelled Roosters ball simply had to say, "Hey I made a mistake and yelled Roosters ball, come back and play it". That's not the 2 refs system at fault, it's old mate who went to the Eddie Ward school of refereeing's fault.
Whilst I agree that Hayne and archer are the best, I think the two ref system is a hinderence to learning. Any bad decisions they makehave time to amplify within their heads whilst they are the pocket ref and that leads to evening up.
The besides forgetting the mistake as a ref the first thing you do is get the game moving so no one has time to dwell on it.

Anyway having two refs is a bad idea for many reasons. If all refs were as good as the other two then sweet... But we dont you could put 10 bad refs out there but that won't be as good as 1 good ref out there

eagles2win said:
Titans got penalized today deep in shark territory after a shark player tackled Ryan James in defence!

Ryan James tackled him when he didn't have the ball. This was the correct decision.

Jono said:
eagles2win said:
Titans got penalized today deep in shark territory after a shark player tackled Ryan James in defence!

Ryan James tackled him when he didn't have the ball. This was the correct decision.
This was arguable. The sharks player stepped in and ran behind his player deliberately. For mine penalty could have gone either way

i'm curious as to what others thought re the try awarded to the titans after their half-back ran behind another player(colin best had to dodge the blocker) he then made a break which led to a try. on video replay after one look the video ref decided there was no interference. best had to stop and move to the other side of the blocker to try to effect a tackle. no blocker = direct line at player. how was that ruled ok?

I thought no try but I don't think they refs like obstruction if more than 10m out.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6