1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disgraceful Australian selection

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Crusher_Cleal, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    3 things interested me as I read about the Roosters’ Mad Monday celebrations:
    1. O’Meley had the nerve to show up (he owes the Roosters a lot of $$$ imo, disgraceful & pathetic year. He should sign every Roosters' fans' jerseys and apologise for wasting their salary cap $)
    2. Myles had the nerve to be drinking
    3. Myles has just been selected in the Australian training squad.

Myles? Really? I’m not even bringing into account his off-field discretions – what on earth has he done on the field this year to deserve an Australian spot? How many games has he even played? Disgraceful decision. He’s managed to forge an entire career on reputation based on one good season at the Dogs.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hope that Myles had his nappy on when he was out drinking yesterday.  I wonder if they went to the Coogee bay hotel for chocolate ice creams?

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    The most disgraceful Australian selction either would have to be Graham Mackay IMO

4. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Myles was in the Qld side when they clinched their 4th successive series.  Reason enough I would have thought.

5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    O'Meley can't do much if he isn't picked

Myles is fair enough, prior to that cable laying incident, he was playing top footy, making good metres and every tackle he made hurt

6. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Probably one of those 1000 man squads anyway, doesn't mean poo!

7. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    Too right. They'll add more as soon as the other teams drop out of the finals. You could eventually end up with a squad of 45 or something around that number.

8. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Agreed. Nevile Costigan should be picked ahead of Watmough and Darius Boyd over Hayne as well. Maybe bring Adam Mogg back since he played in a Qld side that won a game during the 4 series wins.

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Tony Currie for mine.