Disappointment 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
After watching last nights game it hurts to think what we could have archived if we were all on the same page and united as one for a charge at the big dance....... This morning I see on FB our club pushing for memberships for 2015.....this really pisses me off, from the top down the club f$&ked this season up for us and it's a bitter pill to swallow ...... Fair enough if we didn't have the side to go deep into the finals, but it was attitude. The club and players owe us an apology , as 2014 has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Wholeheartedly agree mate. There will be those that don't, but how this season played out, im nothing but disappointed with our club top to bottom.

Id rather us have come 16th, but be portrayed as a united club, full of passion.

c eagle said:
After watching last nights game it hurts to think what we could have archived if we were all on the same page and united as one for a charge at the big dance....... This morning I see on FB our club pushing for memberships for 2015.....this really pisses me off, from the top down the club f$&ked this season up for us and it's a bitter pill to swallow ...... Fair enough if we didn't have the side to go deep into the finals, but it was attitude. The club and players owe us an apology , as 2014 has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I agree. I think members have a right to know as well who is leaving and staying and announcements should be happening soon. They have kept quiet about releases to players

The challenge for everyone at the club is that the disunity has to be stopped right away.

Any chance we had this season went out the window when our divisions became public.

The club has started to recover by re-signing some key young players and now there must be decisive leadership to make a decision about DCE and Foz ASAP as we cant allow this to become a daily circus as was the last 3 months of this season.

I was disappointed at the constant reported disunity.
It did put fans on edge and raised questions about players though I will still not judge these players until absolute facts are revealed. Right now they are still Sea Eagles, including Choc.

I was most disappointed when Matt Ballin and Jamie Buhrer got injured in the same match. It was then that I felt that our season went out of our grasp.

I was disappointed in the referees performance against the dogs in the final but quite proud of Manly's effort in that match.

I was also very happy that Manly finished equal first on the competition ladder after 26 rounds.:D

niccipops said:
I was disappointed at the constant reported disunity.
It did put fans on edge and raised questions about players though I will still not judge these players until absolute facts are revealed. Right now they are still Sea Eagles, including Choc.

I was most disappointed when Matt Ballin and Jamie Buhrer got injured in the same match. It was then that I felt that our season went out of our grasp.

I was disappointed in the referees performance against the dogs in the final but quite proud of Manly's effort in that match.

I was also very happy that Manly finished equal first on the competition ladder after 26 rounds.:D

Yes Niccipops agree with you - we are all one big family or meant to be.
We are certainly loved by few (that is the supporters and fanatic followers we have/are). The back room backstabbing certained p'd me off and our injuries just slowly saw Manly slipping away from a being title force.

They talk about getting rid of problem players, maybe that should go hand in hand at Board level as well.
Get this great club back where it belongs even though we havent fallen too far, we have fallen from grace and that was to be able to get back at The Chooks after last seasons NRL Premiership decider.

Congrats to Souths last night as it has been a long time coming for them.
I still feel Manly and Souths would have made for a great grand final - even for the history sakes of all those years ago.

A couple of my fellow colleagues reckon Manly were just unlucky in the golden point against The Dogs. I dont agree as we were robbed by NRL Refs who are known to not penalise in golden point time. The FOX Sports vid clearly showed Reynolds offside - a mile.
That was my bitter pill to swallow!
Get rid of Golden Point time and make players play to the end or until their legs drop.
The fittest will survive with extra time and extra time again.
Bring 2015 on and give us an update on players movements when Moderators can - please.
@RiverEagle - how u going River?
@Isz - Hammers won for you this morning

Yeah I don't how anyone who is a Manly fan can be tempted by 2015 membership emails. It's quite disrespectful and insults our intelligence.

To see how this team capitulated in attitude the last 7 or 8 weeks was truly heartbreaking as a Manly fan. Manly should never be seen to be playing like that.

The unlucky loss to the bulldogs meant nothing either. They were coming off the game against Melbourne in Melbourne and came back on the Monday prior battered and bruised. They were at their very weakest that night and we still could not beat them.

I agree with the above posters. Sort who is staying and going and offer all of us an official apology and a meaningful outlook for 2015. Have a little respect for your supporters Manly.

NYEagle

Owe us an apology ? That has to be a gee up doesn't it ? If not it's up there with the craziest things I've read on here

Apology? Why would the players owe the supporters an apology? Decimated by injuries but finishing equal first, bundled out of the finals by the 2 GF combatants, touched up by the eventual premiers who really did the same with the "full strength" roosters and the Bulldogs!

Manly, you are very naughty boys and should seek our forgiveness, lol.

Team performance in a difficult year A+
Board performance F-

Harry said:
c eagle said:

I agree. I think members have a right to know as well who is leaving and staying and announcements should be happening soon. They have kept quiet about releases to players
I thought Toovey stated some time ago no-one would be released from their contract. You want him to make the same announcement every week?

anthonyb1965 said:
Apology? Why would the players owe the supporters an apology? Decimated by injuries but finishing equal first, bundled out of the finals by the 2 GF combatants, touched up by the eventual premiers who really did the same with the "full strength" roosters and the Bulldogs!

Board performance F-
I'm interested. Despite peters stiring up Dramas what exactly has the board done wrong this year. We lost a 31 year old club legend due to salary cap issues to retain several younger players.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Harry said:
c eagle said:

I thought Toovey stated some time ago no-one would be released from their contract. You want him to make the same announcement every week?

Agreed

I am a member, have been for some time, and will be until the day I die. I do that to support the club, nothing more than that. I'll never feel it gives me some right of self entitlement to know every little inner working of the club and make them answerable to me because I toss a few dollars their way each year

Kiwi Eagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Harry said:
c eagle said:

Agreed

I am a member, have been for some time, and will be until the day I die. I do that to support the club, nothing more than that. I'll never feel it gives me some right of self entitlement to know every little inner working of the club and make them answerable to me because I toss a few dollars their way each year

Finally. Some common sense. Not too common these days. Well said KE.

Bomack44 said:
anthonyb1965 said:

Board performance F-
I'm interested. Despite peters stiring up Dramas what exactly has the board done wrong this year. We lost a 31 year old club legend due to salary cap issues to retain several younger players.

Never stated they have done anything wrong, I just gave them a "dissatisfaction" rating :)

IMO

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Harry said:
c eagle said:

He says that but Manly won't want another unhappy team for next season. They won't keep players there who don't want to play. They have been quiet about things but have already released some under 20s players who are not happy at the club

Harry said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Harry said:
c eagle said:

He says that but Manly won't want another unhappy team for next season. They won't keep players there who don't want to play. They have been quiet about things but have already released some under 20s players who are not happy at the club

Pleeeeease. Are you related to that NYC player who went to the roosters. It's so blatantly obvious you have a massive axe to grind. Build a bridge champ.

Bomack44 said:
Harry said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Harry said:
c eagle said:

Pleeeeease. Are you related to that NYC player who went to the roosters. It's so blatantly obvious you have a massive axe to grind. Build a bridge champ.
No I am not mate and there are 5 leaving not one and 6 from Cup and thats before 1sts !

anthonyb1965 said:

Board performance F-

I agree with this until the last line

c eagle said:
Ok I retract the request for apology, went to far.... But still really disappointed in club and players.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8