Differing Views

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I don't recall anyone representing themselves here as an expert. I have read many posts offering thoughts, ideas and opinions and in return for that they are usually personally attacked for having an alternate view to blindly supporting every aspect of our great club and team.

The definition of a Forum is:
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

It would seem that's not possible to do on this Forum because every time someone says something that doesn't tow the party line, they are attacked as being "pathetic" amongst other things. I suggest those who don't want to hear others ideas and opinions start a mutual admiration society so you can all say the same things to each other over and over again.

I would genuinely like to understand why some on here resort to personal attacks rather than embrace some thoughtful debate.

Toovey: I read Silvertails very very closely. I keep that secret.
But i get all my ideas from there.

CentralCoastEagle said:
I don't recall anyone representing themselves here as an expert. I have read many posts offering thoughts, ideas and opinions and in return for that they are usually personally attacked for having an alternate view to blindly supporting every aspect of our great club and team.

A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

It would seem that's not possible to do on this Forum because every time someone says something that doesn't tow the party line, they are attacked as being "pathetic" amongst other things. I suggest those who don't want to hear others ideas and opinions start a mutual admiration society so you can all say the same things to each other over and over again.

I would genuinely like to understand why some on here resort to personal attacks rather than embrace some thoughtful debate.

But seriously CentralCoastEagle.........what has been happening on here for years is a whole bunch of banter including a whole bunch of differing views with the odd altercation thrown in. At no time has this site been a place where we all blindly support every aspect of the club.

But sometimes there is some heat amongst posters and their views and generally speaking that is just an accepted fact on this forum. So most of the time its how you view things that counts, so if your able to not take it all too seriously then you will find most people are similar.

CentralCoastEagle said:

Wait, we have a party line?

There certainly is no edict from the leadership group on this. In fact this forum was founded on the belief that all opinions are worth discussing

I thought you had to toe party lines, not tow them, unless ours is broken down and I wasn't told.

However guys if there are people that have that feeling here, ironic as it sounds we kind of need to stamp that out. I would prefer that people can all come here and express their many varied and sometimes outlandish views and feel safe and happy about doing that

Maybe it's time to bring Matas origins of Silvertails article back to life so some of these new ones can see what the place was actually built on

Ok, so if its a case of toe the party line then Global Eagle will open this websites first & only podiatry clinic.

If its a case of tow party line then if someone could help me with this clinch knot I am sure we can set them adrift.

And that wisecrack about shutting up Dan was all Globals fault too !

My advice would be not to take things here so seriously, talking from experience.
After all it is only a footy forum.

Albeit a pretty good one :)

All in all if someone is being rude, or offensive then report the post the moderators can then have a look and either wave a stick at everybody and tell them to play nice or take further action in removing offending posts and issuing warnings.

I don't like to play along those lines of issuing too many warnings, I tend to think everyone should be able to look after their selves. but also think that we should at least have some modicum of playing nicely together

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6