Did we scare you off?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184185.msg277260#msg277260 date=1279760853]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184185.msg277257#msg277257 date=1279760762]
hang on hang on hang on... wait a minute.....a vest?

It's a QLD thing....
Then again, Canteen Worker sneaks in Le Snaks to Brookie Oval, so we have our fair share of soft cocks as well ! Hehehehe J/K mate ! You know I love ya.
[/quote]HEY!!! It was Parra Stadium on a Friday night - not Brookie and I am old like Mark. I wore a vest once!!! (but no Safari Suit!!!)
[/quote]

It was at brookie, mate i remember ripping into you as soon as i saw you crack it out. :) Right under the Varneys professionals sign, way back in the mid naughties

Vests, Safari suits, gear off...I tell you what the heading on this thread is SPOT ON....the younger ones reading this will be very scared.

I tell you the 70's were bloody different...I played in a band in those days, yes Sherbet, Dragon, Cold Chisel all that stuff...and at one stage the boys decided we go for the "ABBA" look...well not really just that but we dressed in different "uniforms" from bracket to bracket.....we had the "Beatles look"....then we had the "60's Hippy Look"....then we had the "sort of Abba look" (BUT didn't play their crap music).

There's only one consolation, no one ever thought to take a photo. so it's just a memory.

Of the 6 of us in that band, I am only in contact with the Drummer these days, and we laugh about the good times and the gear we used to wear...AND the girls we used to pull....jeez those were the days...more fuks than feeds!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Vests, Safari suits, gear off...I tell you what the heading on this thread is SPOT ON....the younger ones reading this will be very scared.

I tell you the 70's were bloody different...I played in a band in those days, yes Sherbet, Dragon, Cold Chisel all that stuff...and at one stage the boys decided we go for the \"ABBA\" look...well not really just that but we dressed in different \"uniforms\" from bracket to bracket.....we had the \"Beatles look\"....then we had the \"60's Hippy Look\"....then we had the \"sort of Abba look\" (BUT didn't play their crap music).

There's only one consolation, no one ever thought to take a photo. so it's just a memory.

Of the 6 of us in that band, I am only in contact with the Drummer these days, and we laugh about the good times and the gear we used to wear...AND the girls we used to pull....jeez those were the days...more fuks than feeds!

hahahaha mark i am shocked.....just shocked, i dont think i can look you in the virtual eye again :)

just kidding mate

****e I hope my wife doesn't read this???

Dan they were great (if not funny) times....no computers, no digital music, no CD's, no DVD's, Video's were still in their infancy....but life was just....well....more simple.

I watched the footy in Black and White on the ABC, but only when it was on a Saturday afternoon....so saw Manly play maybe once or twice a year, so going down for a game was a HUGE experience.

Life wasn't better back then, it was much much harder than I experience today, so I'll never say "back in the good old days"....but the talk of Safari Suits and vests just brought it all back!!

But the 80's were certainly better than the 70's...Disco.....let me take you to...."Funky Town"

Enough...back to work

Mark, you are really starting to blossom my friend

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7