1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did we leave the right handside at home last night

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by CAMBO, Jul 30, 2013.

1. CAMBO

CAMBO New Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 0
    Very solid win last night with k foz conducting show. However I wonder if a conscious decision was made to not use the very effective right hand sweeping play last night.

All the ball Glenn got last night were turned back in from right to left and while nothing came of it he showed some good footwork and is looking better and better each week. The other thing I noticed last night was Brett didn't seem to be lurking behind the play as much looking to chime in.

It had me wondering is tooveys mixing things up purposely to make sides harder to shut us down come finals time.

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    snake was very quiet last night

• Like Like x 1
  3. CAMBO

CAMBO New Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 0
    He was but there was one moment when he stood up Chris Lawrence on a kick return that should have us all excited.
    He showed lightning pace and to be honest I didn't think he was still that quick.

4. Supesy

Supesy Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    How about the toe he showed to mow down Simona with Wolf in cover. He just appeared out of nowhere on the screen.

5. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    It was the weirdest Manly win I have seen for many years.

No Snake or DCE at all, and no penalties or dropped ball from Watmough.

WTF.

Feel we are in the comp up to our ears, watch for B Kite to get a couple of MoM awards in the backend of the season.

6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    We rested the right side so Jamie had plenty of energy for long distance tries.

• Like Like x 3
  7. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I heard Foran in an interview this year say Manly target the side they feel is weakest in each game.

8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Glad that the Boys are finally practicing dealing with the short kick off.

They only got the first one wrong, then the beach volley ball segment started and Manly took control :)

I like the fact that the Tigers erratic, (and the Eels will be the same I'm sure) have Manly dynamically adjust their game.

These days, the structured Teams blunt the agility of the Opposition who recognized all their set moves.

Last night, Manly had to have their wits about them, and for most part managed to snuff out their loose ball plays. :angel:

9. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,746 / 57
    It was quite obvious we ran with different tactics last night. Gift was much better just tucking the ball and cutting back inside cause it then opened up their edges plus his passing game has been ****e lately so better he just ran with it. Snake took it easy. Must remember he does have bad knees and needs to ease off at times during a season. They didn't go in full intensity last night nor do I expect them to this week. The real stuff begins in a fortnight and I expect to see our intensity in defense really step up a gear starting with the Warriors game. I just hope this hard run in to the finals isn't going to exhaust us.

10. Dan79

Dan79 Active Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0
    Not happy with the snake. 3 weeks of near 100 point games in foxsports fantasy... Then he goes out and scores 5 points...

11. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    At 1 point last night did i see snake pack at lock in a scrum ?

12. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    He always does against the feed,so do a few other fullbacks

13. Eagle1963

Eagle1963 Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    I do not think snake's jersey needed a wash after last night's game.