Did the Roosters do us any favours last night?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daddycool08

Reserve Grader
I ask this question because now as they are already being crowned as "minor premiers" according to the press.

The "experts" are all tipping the Cow-pokers for Saturday.

I wonder if this is a real tip or is it just wishful thinking by the fourth estate.

So therefore could it be argued the NRL wants a Roosters minor premiership to send off code-jumper SBW and the Roosters as a fairy tale finish?

Or would the NRL have wanted a Souths victory last night? To again send off another code-jumper S Burgess off a winner.

It could be suggested or argued, that the NRL would least like a Manly win on Saturday and hence a Manly minor premiership this year.

So having said that, will the game on Saturday be played on it's merits or will one side be refereed while the other side may be given some more latitude on the night?

While I am not saying nor do I believe that the NRL would do anything to try a 'fix' a game as it is a wonderful, glorious and totally ethical organisation that has only the promotion of this game as it's main goal rather than have favourites such as Souths, Easts, Melbourne or the Dogs.

We all know that; even though we may sometimes misguidedly bag this totally professional and wonderful and ethical organisation. But the question still lingers a little in my mind and with that, will this be the value bet for the upset win by the Cow-pokers?

So in short - will the cows be winners on Saturday or will Manly become well deserved Minor Premiers?

Why would theu want to give either code jumper a send off. That's tin foil hat worthy garbage.

Am happy the Roosters won so we don't play them in week one.

Will we win in Townsville? Flip a coin.

We should be going all out to win this game and then look forward to either Penrith or Melbourne in week 1, and going onto the other side of the draw to the Roosters.

We need a few more games under our belt if we are to beat them.

Stevo said:
Why would theu want to give either code jumper a send off. That's tin foil hat worthy garbage.

Thanks Stevo so if that is the case why do they continue to promote SBW and S Burgess on certain footy shows and on the NRL website?

I need a new tin-foil hat do you have a spare one? :(

I think what last night showed me is that both teams are very beatable. Souths were just smashed out of the contest by the Roosters forwards, who just went on a mission to dominate them. Inglis to me looked to be a bit guarded and looks like he could be carrying a niggle. And what I liked was Pearce (a lot smaller than Inglis) gave him a torrid time all night. Really tried to get in his face and hit him hard. So that was a positive.

The Roosters whilst clicking also went to sleep in that final 20 mins, and found it very hard to get back in the contest. Again another good sign for us. And it probably put some doubts back in their minds.

Daddycool08 said:
Stevo said:

Thanks Stevo so if that is the case why do they continue to promote SBW and S Burgess on certain footy shows and on the NRL website?

Provide me with the link to the story on the NRL site that promotes SBW or Burgess leaving then if you can?

The NRL and channel 9 are not the same. 9 can do what they want to promote the games that they broadcast.

Put your tin foil hat back on.

Don't be fooled by the Roosters switch off in the second half, Manly are also a team that can switch off after a big lead. The Roosters will be hard to beat this year and i think we are the only team that can stop them going B2B.

The best thing to come out of last night was that Napa will miss the next 3 games and Guerra one game after being charged by the MRC

Stevo said:
Provide me with the link to the story on the NRL site that promotes SBW or Burgess leaving then if you can?

http://www.nrl.com/our-best-players-are-off-to-rugby-union/tabid/10874/newsid/65019/default.aspx

Stevo said:

http://www.nrl.com/sam-sbw-to-play-union/tabid/10874/newsid/65019/default.aspx

Stevo said:

Typical robust, aggressive first post hit up by Stevo. Making the hard yards on Silvertails as usual. If only we had a couple of more forwards with his punch and go forward.

Yeah i love the hard stuff. I always try to hammer tired old pint sized halfbacks that don't have the kiwi's to throw it back.

Stevo said:
Yeah i love the hard stuff. I always try to hammer tired old pint sized halfbacks that don't have the kiwi's to throw it back.

Yep, I hit the keyboard pretty hard too, but unfortunately have a gammy pinky finger that renders most of my posts lame and unconvincing. Am prone to getting rebutted, driven back and dumped by more 'heavy hitting' keyboard warriors...

Stevo said:
Daddycool08 said:
Stevo said:

The NRL and channel 9 are not the same. 9 can do what they want to promote the games that they broadcast.

Put your tin foil hat back on.

It has been said that channel nine OWNS the NRL (I have no links but simply have a look at the various threads here) and tell me that they are different yeah right!

By the way I haven't got a tin-foil hat can I borrow yours? :p

All NRL teams would be cheering Manly on Sat night - ok a few exceptions - so that the roartors and wabbits play each other in week one and continue to bash, grapple, chicken wing, shoulder charge and niggle the crap out of each other and are softened up for the rest of the finals.

xavier said:
Stevo said:

Yep, I hit the keyboard pretty hard too, but unfortunately have a gammy pinky finger that renders most of my posts lame and unconvincing. Am prone to getting rebutted, driven back and dumped by more 'heavy hitting' keyboard warriors...

LOL.

Now that deserves a meme all of its own.

Neil Breen's Roosters story on 9 News tonight nearly made me puke. He was almost in tears over Hastings. Then to top it off he called the shoulder charged 'clumsy' and said the Roosters should go to the NRL and show them Matai's from last week. Stick to your AFL Breenie.

7 showed Napa's first shoulder charge on LB and said the charge is harsh as no one got hurt :huh: They did not show Sutton testing his cheekbone to see if that was smashed :mad:

Really peeves me that they rave on about Pearce taking GI down, yet the vision clearly shows his right leg kick out and collect GI's nuts. No wonder he stopped dead :mad:

The knock on leading to a try and the forward pass to Mini for his try, plus playing for 10 minutes against 12 men makes me wonder about their 'superiority' :cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6