Did Monas really say this?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Monas should just shutup and focus on this weekend.

But im dissapointed in these legends of ours. Its a really dark hour for the club.. last thing we need is legends putting down the current squad. I think Monas was just trying to stick up for his teammates.. but he was better off ignoring it... Krilich should be sticking up for them even if he doesnt believe it.. last thing we need is legends bagging the players and no fans turning up at the games.

hopefully we get a decent turn out on saturday and rally the boys to the finals. Confidence is an all time low at the moment and we really do need to be vocal on saturday more than ever.. its been a dissapointing atmosphere this season (as to the season we returned.. crowd wasnt as large yet was more deafening)

[quote author=DVS Matt]
he hasn't lost my support..........yet
Are you a jockstrap?

Because Monas sure is a dick.

[/quote]

That's probably one of the most non-funniest calls I've ever read.

But im dissapointed in these legends of ours. Its a really dark hour for the club.. last thing we need is legends putting down the current squad. I think Monas was just trying to stick up for his teammates.. but he was better off ignoring it... Krilich should be sticking up for them even if he doesnt believe it.. last thing we need is legends bagging the players and no fans turning up at the games.

Dumbest post of the day.................But you're entitled to your opinion :)

Kaza they absolutely sucked last week. and yet again a Dessie/Monas combo. Created another sorry record which would absolutely disgust former legends. They deserved far worse baggings.

Cheers!

hey fellas
finnally fixed my password

But as for our whinging and whining captain
ive gotta say i wish he would **** off back to canberra.

IF he was as good at halfback as he is at running to the media and opening his trap he would be as good as joey johns.

I posted the below at MSE i'll give u fellas alook because im sure it will be deleted.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skipper answers critics
JASON AVEDISSIAN
26aug05
MANLY captain Michael Monaghan is convinced the players who delivered the club's worst performance in 58 years can immediately turn things around and secure a place in the finals with a win over the Warriors tomorrow night.

The Sea Eagles must win one of their next two matches to lock-in their first finals appearance in seven seasons.

It will take a massive shift in attitude after slumping to an embarrassing record 62-point loss to the Sharks last Sunday.

That performance drew strong criticism from ex-players, with former Australian captain Max Krilich declaring Manly ``will get beaten by 80 points'' if they qualify for the finals.

Monaghan is now determined to make the critics eat their words.

``The best way of hitting back is winning on the weekend,'' the skipper said yesterday.

``People can starting writing us off but this squad of players has got us this far and we are one win away from the semi-finals.

``I'm not going to start questioning their commitment and will support them 100 per cent.

``At the end of the day we were beaten very comfortably and we were disappointing.

``We have done a lot of work defensively and hopefully that will help us on Saturday.

``A lot of people have come out and said stuff, we have taken it on the chin.

``Being ex-players, they probably just miss seeing their names in the papers.

``I didn't hear from any of those blokes when we were leading the comp after 14 weeks.''

Monaghan said it was ``pretty pointless'' watching the Sharks 80-minute horror show on tape.

He said he now expects a torrid battle with the Warriors who are farewelling Stacey Jones before he heads to the UK to finish his career.

``I'm expecting them to come here pretty fired up,'' Monaghan said.

``Stacey Jones is playing his last game in the NRL and I know they won't want to let him leave on a bad performance.

``I expect them to play their best football of the year.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this will probably get me banned but im sorry i dont care this needs to be said.

But everyone can read the part in bold and make their own minds up.

What our captain needs to realise is Max Krillich has every right to say what he did, that jersey our captain and his team played in on sunday represented the halcyon days in our clubs very proud history.
The proud history of that jersey has now been tainted by the clubs record defeat 68-6.

You imagine how someone who bleed in that jersey and won premierships in that jersey like Max did felt seeing what we witnessed on sunday.

In that article our captain is quoted as saying the players have copped the critism on the chin well thats great and if that truely was the case our current captain wouldn't have felt the need to say something as disprectful about a man that not only captain the manly club but also Captain Australian including the 1982 invincables.

``Being ex-players, they probably just miss seeing their names in the papers.

Ironic that statement Micheal because in the last 12 weeks mate all we have seen atleast once a week is your name in the paper for reasons other than you talent on the field or you being quoted or mis quoted as has been reported on here.

You came to our club and the majority of us fans fell in love with the passion and the intensity that you showed. So much so people wrote letters, emailed and rang the club when it looked like you would be lost to the club.

Time to pay some of that back and let you actions on the park do the talking not your mouth.

Regards
Cameron Smith.

Yeah well said mate, he is a tool. He simply doesnt realise what he's saying. He needs to lead Manly to some wins, not try to put down ex greats dissapointments in the Dessie/Monas show!

Byso.. im not sticking up for Monas this time.. im actually getting annoyed by his comments too..

but in a whole different case.. our legends should be saying it was a one off and they can hit back.. i just think its not good to their confidence.

They played shyte they deserve to be ridiculed, treating them nice hasn't worked either. Do you think the legends would have been happy with the previous 10 weeks of crap?

It took a shocking performance for them to ritefully speekout!

hopefully we get a decent turn out on saturday and rally the boys to the finals. Confidence is an all time low at the moment and we really do need to be vocal on saturday more than ever.. its been a dissapointing atmosphere this season (as to the season we returned.. crowd wasnt as large yet was more deafening)

I think you have a very valid point Kaza. We shouldn't have to sit through a 62 point flogging. But by the same tolken, surely these ex greats of Manly are intellingent enough to realise what sort of Media impact their comments on such a performance can have on the team. They say they bleed maroon and white, and I believe every word of it, but, I also think that sometimes it just smart to shut up. Especially after being elite athletes themselves.

What seems to have been missed here is the word IF, Max said IF they play like this in the finals not that they are going to and IF they do they will get a hiding. However IF they play like they did against the Bronco's they may do ok (providing they get there) Of course Max has a right to be pissed off (everybody was) but you don't know how many of his other quotes never made it to press.

If only Monaghan had a fraction of the toughness that max displayed then Manly would have won far more games that we have this year. Max is a ledgend whereas Monaghan is useless.

Has anybody heard Monaghan do anythign but whinge? I am getting sick and tired of his whining.

Its about time he came out with something positive for a change. Like we are going to beat the Warriors on Saturday night and I am going to be man of the match.

Either that or take Max's advice and not turn up on Saturday. Then we can put in Burns at half.

mate, you gotta face the fact that manly does have monas this season as half-back. you whining about his **** form is not gonna change anything mate. you try playing well if you got people bagging ya. yeah i understand his not been playing too well, but you gotta support him. nevertheless he is in the club and we should support him and the team for manlys sake. sure people are entitled to their opinions, i.e. max's comment, and thats fair enough manly have been playing **** lately, but cmon we gotta lift the team, not bag em. :bdh:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6