Did Lyon pick up an injury?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've read over a dozen articles about the All Stars game and all of them discuss injuries, but not once is Lyons name mentioned.
No news is good news.

Thanks Susan, your info is usually spot on. Unfortunate for Darren though as it seems Killer will be right for rd 1, so we have another dinosaur blocking the path for the younger brigade. I take your point about a couple of guys, namely Kite and Joe, but as for Lyon I wouldn't trade him for any centre in the game, let alone our club

I never said I wanted him out, I noted how well he went, I'm sorry to have caused friction on here, I think I will sit out for a spell. 

No friction!!!!  But you said he was old and his best years were behind him and that we need him to play better than 2010.  Thats just plain dumb.

Jamie Lyon is at his peak and will be for another couple of years yet. The guy is a freak, a champion, an outright superstar and will have his best year yet in 2011. Salivating at the thought of a fit and hungry backline with a whole lot to prove. B Stewart , D Williams , S Matai,  W Hopoate , J Lyon , M Oldfield, T Williams, D Whare , B Davey and M Robertson. It's not too bad is it. There is plenty of speed and class there guys and gals.

Matabele link said:
Back on topic - any official word on Lyon's status?
I was listening to "Weekend Detention" on 2GB today and, after they got several emails asking about Lyon's injury, they checked with Manly "officials" and were told the ankle injury is not major and he's having scans tomorrow.

We live in hope the results are good as Killer's crucial to our success.

Caused friction? Sitting out for a spell? What is this a swap meet at fairy central?

If you say something expect people to disagree with it and expect people to agree. Cop it on the chin, back pedal or stand toe to toe on your point sheesh!

This isn't a dictatorship opinions are welcomes and the more varied the better in my eyes!

I expect everyone to call out any nonsense and dribble I come out with this is a place based on dribble after all

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/fingers-crossed-for-jamie-lyons-ankle/story-e6frexnr-1226005381910

Hope the scans tell a positive story!

The Sea Eagles linchpin was twice sidelined last year for three and four weeks, with the ankle complaint ruling him out of Origin II and III, following an initial tear in round 12.

Any layoff would be a major blow to Manly's early campaign with the Sea Eagles already missing Kiwi centre Steve Matai (round five) and Glenn Stewart (round three) to carry-over suspensions from last year.

Des Hasler's men play only one other trial - against the Warriors in Auckland on February 26 - before the NRL opener against Melbourne.

Darren link said:
I never said I wanted him out, I noted how well he went, I'm sorry to have caused friction on here, I think I will sit out for a spell. 
I understand where you're coming from with your youth policy Darren, but I don't think too many players under 30 are ready for a retirement village.
Perhaps you're mistaking the hunger of youth for the wisdom of experience (wait till you're my age and then you can whinge)  Either way it's all good and gives everyone something to argue about in the off season.

this really isnt good, lets hope the scans just say all good just rest up ! i may get beat up for this but what has whare done besides being gifted a hatrick on his debut ? he was a rusty gate flapping open in the wind against the titans !

By the looks of it Darren you may get your wish in Rd 1. No Matai possibly no Lyon. Blake Davey and K Foran in centers. L Foran and DCE at halves. Maybe no B Stewart as well so W Hopoate at fullback too.
Thats giving plenty of youth a go. The Storm will beat us with that lineup.

No reason why those guys shouldn't be competitive. Most of them have played together a fair bit & they have the talent.
Maybe youthful exuberance can keep them going for the full 80.

Any note that the club acknowledged the injury via its facebook page and said it would provide updates?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6