Did Cliffy and Beaver sneak on the field

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Enigma

Reserve Grader
So often we hear of someone being the new "Sonny Bill or someone else"but Buhers try on Sunday was an exact replica of Menzies / Lyon . Not many ball players could deliver a try like that. The timing and the subtle deception was perfect and a reminder of DCE's skills which reappear in a good team and when he is happy

When Josh Perry was playing in Pommyland, he didn't score a try in a season and had to go on a nudie run.

The police caught him and he got fined for it. I laughed so hard when I found that out.

Ha- starling's try reminded me of Phil Blake gifting Bruce Walker a try vs Qld country in the KB Cup! Although Blake was already over the line when he passed it to Goldie.
The commentator in that game (Billy J Smith) wasn't impressed with Blake doing that.
Ended 76-0 if I recall correctly?

I have always thought the hole runner never gets enough credit when something like that comes off. Many times, the runner has basically forced the playmaker to pass it to him, by virtue of his vision in spotting the gap and running the right line.

It is a beautiful thing when timed well. I have heard commentators bag wingers saying he went too early, or got in front of the ball carrier.

The hole runner has to go when the hole is there, not much use after it closes. It needs both parties on the same page, and you are correct a good hole runner does force the pass on many occasions.

It is a beautiful thing when timed well. I have heard commentators bag wingers saying he went too early, or got in front of the ball carrier.

The hole runner has to go when the hole is there, not much use after it closes. It needs both parties on the same page, and you are correct a good hole runner does force the pass on many occasions.

A lot of players drop the ball after the pass from the dummy-half when hitting it up during the set. They get blamed most of the time.

A good dummy half knows when and when not to pass it, for any number of reasons. The receiver needs the ball with the right amount of velocity on it. He needs it right in that perfect spot on his breadbasket.

In saying that, though, the receiver has their job to do as well. The most important thing in the game is the ball.

You've been knocking around with TC too much.

@:p

I have always thought the hole runner never gets enough credit when something like that comes off. Many times, the runner has basically forced the playmaker to pass it to him, by virtue of his vision in spotting the gap and running the right line.
I agree , I lost count of how many ignorant league fans "informed" me with 100% clarity that Menzies only looked good because he was running off C.Lyons. It is so dumb that it comes into the realm of "never argue with a fool" . The same stupidity applies when someone corrects your ignorance about a top class back with great pace has nothing but pace. You don't have to have any brain at all to check on the success of players like Shane Werrett sp? or Darren Clarke who failed despite being the fastest about.

I agree , I lost count of how many ignorant league fans "informed" me with 100% clarity that Menzies only looked good because he was running off C.Lyons. It is so dumb that it comes into the realm of "never argue with a fool" . The same stupidity applies when someone corrects your ignorance about a top class back with great pace has nothing but pace. You don't have to have any brain at all to check on the success of players like Shane Werrett sp? or Darren Clarke who failed despite being the fastest about.

Cliffy would have looked pretty stupid standing holding his ball without Bever (I think that is the new spelling) hitting the gap.

Easy way to resolve those arguments - let's just agree that manly has had both the greatest hole runner and the greatest playmaker in the history of the game.
You mean "the greatest hole runner and the greatest ballplayer in the history of the game"

The greatest playmaker will have a more rounded skillset beyond just passing---Andrew Johns is the best playmaker in my eyes.

In saying that from ballplaying alone with less game time and games under his belt during Cliffy's last year in a mid table team at best, Cliffy's try assists matched and surpassed Andrew Johns for that year, great output from a limited skillset shows how great a ballplayer Cliffy was.

Not sure I agree. Johns was a great competitor with individual skills and a will to win, but as a team playmaker, I'd have Cliffy ahead. And I can't agree with the "limited skillset" comment - most judges would agree that Cliffy was one of the most skillful players ever. Johns may have had a better kicking game, but who gets excited about a kick? Give me a well timed pass that puts a support into a hole any day. That's rugby league to me.
It's a pity Cliffy did not play more rep footy especially at age 30 or so as I believe he needed more time to settle in. Has anyone ever compiled try assists for the great man over his career as I believe he would be so far out in front that it would kill a brown dog. As far out in front as the Beaver is for tries by a forward.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4