Did Brett Stewart do a lot of good stuff I didn't see?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just watched the replay and noticed that Snake had his nose broken in the first 15 minutes. So he had both nostrils stuffed with cotton wool for most of the game :(

17:28 Luke wipes him across the nose again and Snake is stuffed up :mad:

The flashes of brilliance will come from Snake as the team gels that bit more Bozo.
Stewart is the ultimate professional & doing what is necessary to simply help bind the team from the back & collect some wins.
The importance for now is to help unite the team & gather momentum & belief...the fancy stuff will show off the back of the basics being built early on.
We needed a few superb try assists and scintillating runs last week from any one who was capable against the rabbits and the Snake didn't look 100% fit to accommodate and that may be another factor as well

I'm out I will be back in round twelve. Too much silly stuff going on here. Manly will be top four by then and you can say stuff like weren't we lucky to have Api for cover but walker and sid are on fire and wow I was a fool to doubt snake and killer class is permanent. And wow Myles is the rock this young pack is built upon. See you in a couple of months it's too much for me.

If NZ were allowed to play their own game , they run riot.
The Manly defence was well organised & did not allow this , taking away time & adding plenty of dominant tackles.
Without Stewart this changes & possibly the outcome with it....so Yes- defence was the order of the game.
No need to "assume" as you put it, about Stewart's input communicating from the back...the Manly players often comment on this, as does every coach he has ever had.

Sorry, I disagree. While Manly's defence looked solid in lengthy passages, and they hunted aggressively in 2s and 3s at times, that game result was much more to do with NZ's self-implosion.

'I would have him in my side over RTS all day, every day...'

I call bull**** on this. And, apart from diehard Manly fans, you would be the only person in Australia and NZ that think this, but as long as you are playing with other people's money...

I stand by it 100%.

There are a couple of fb's i would happily have in a Manly jersey over Stewart.

RTS is not one of them.
He may learn the trade eventually, but not yet.
RTS does not possess the complete game that Snake can produce.

Tedesco, on the other hand....

Sorry, I disagree. While Manly's defence looked solid in lengthy passages, and they hunted aggressively in 2s and 3s at times, that game result was much more to do with NZ's self-implosion.
All opinion so that's all good.
Pretty sure you will find NZ score at will & rack up massive points when not controlled defensively, pretty much as you described in those 2 & 3 man tackles.
Warriors are always their own worst enemy admittedly ....but this is against committed defence....soft disinterested defence they puff out the chests, the passes stick & they look arguably the most deadly attacking team in the comp.

Still has it, organises our defence great.

His kick returns have been quite awful though, it's as if he doesn't like being tackled any more. No speed or urgency once he has the ball running back towards the opposition. Need a bit of oomph coming from back there to start each set in the right frame of mind.
He certainly doesn't like being tackled high around the nose !
He has hammy, knee and hairloss problems. Cut him some.
His hammies will eventually heal. His knees will be nutured until September. His hair, well he has an appointment with Shane Warne, who will put him on the right track.

Unfortunately Brett was poor again tonight.

Failing to inject himself into the backline and now his hands are letting him down

For someone who was supposedly fueding with DCE.. he sure relies on him to feed him ball. I was hoping he'd play a 2nd 5/8 kinda role and really stand up in DCE absence. but he really has not gone looking the past few weeks. Hopefully we're not far off seeing a gold streak from the prince.

I think he wishes he was holidaying in the south of France with his brother Glen and playing a bit of super league .

No, I thought he was much better tonight, especially in the first half.
Our attack is ordinary, but that has something to do with the fact that we are missing four attacking players, DCE, Parcell, Buhrer and Lawrence.
We need to work more on offloads and allow Brett to back-up.

Gee, I thought we were in for a masterclass when he morphed out of the ground and looked to put it down in the first couple minutes. Ah well was not to be.

Here is the question though.....

Is Tom ready to be our full time fullback? We looked horrible in the opening two rounds and even though Snake has been far from his best since he's come back (I don't think he is even close to being 100% fit).....our defence has looked so much more organised with him at the back. Still not great, but its been better than the rabble we were against the Dogs and Tigpies.

Here is the question though.....

Is Tom ready to be our full time fullback? We looked horrible in the opening two rounds and even though Snake has been far from his best since he's come back (I don't think he is even close to being 100% fit).....our defence has looked so much more organised with him at the back. Still not great, but its been better than the rabble we were against the Dogs and Tigpies.
Well Tommy will have to learn ASAP as Hiku was 'tapped':sweating:

Snake needs time off, there is something wrong with his whole energy level @:cool:

Well Tommy will have to learn ASAP as Hiku was 'tapped':sweating:

Snake needs time off, there is something wrong with his whole energy level @:cool:

Admittedly, the wind seemed to go out of his sails after he missed that early try.

I just don't think he's anywhere near fit right now. I think most of the reason he came back when he did (against Cronulla) was because of how bad we were in the opening two rounds.

Snake isn't the player he once was, hes still very good.
Was it worth keeping the older players like Lyon, Matai and snake, and lose Hiku guth and foz.

Our future looks worry some.

The main problem with Brett is he lacks that persistent presence and all round involvement, his kick returns have always been his weakest point but he has to make up for the low numbers in this area in a more rounded way.

Pushing up on players likely to offload or create a quick play the ball, push for more back inside balls not just be happy with the one or two cross over plays or banana kicks---he needs to get his touches up beyond tap ons and lateral spreads to build his mtrs and touches up.

The all round fluid in the moment presence is lacking, he does have a little cheeky craft about him so get in there push up asking for it.

The beauty of Billy Slater is his football speed and scheming for opportunities involvement--- even if he doesn't get the ball he is lurking and a constant presence.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8