Did Brett Stewart do a lot of good stuff I didn't see?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
our defence is infinitely better with snake at the back. As for his attack , I blame it on the fact the service from the halves isn't as crisp as he would like, walker and api are both guilty of taking extra steps with the ball rather then letting it sing. Cherry is a master at getting quick, quality ball to the outside backs.

Not a slight on either, they are both more run first, pass second type players.

imho Walker needs to run to the line more to create gaps to put people into .... I felt he was passing to early letting the opposition defense make easy reads ...

but back to the main point of the thread .... WE WON ... Snake did all he had to

Aren't we 3 from 4 with him in this year, probably should be 4 from 4?

It's more than what he does individually in a game, Stewart lifts the team in a massive way.
He done pretty much everything asked & imo, if he stays healthy & continues his contribution in a winning team, without scoring 2 or 3 tries...happy with that.

It's more than what he does individually in a game, Stewart lifts the team in a massive way.
He done pretty much everything asked & imo, if he stays healthy & continues his contribution in a winning team, without scoring 2 or 3 tries...happy with that.
Snake's presence does lift our team and he would lift the team a little higher when he lifts his game as well .

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck Fullback 17 runs (142m)
Snake 4 runs ( 24m )

Snake's presence does lift our team and he would lift the team a little higher when he lifts his game as well .

Snake 4 runs ( 24m )

where can I find all the player stats for last nights game?

TT 4 tackles ... I'm sure it was more than that ! ... I'll have to watch it again .... bak in 80 :)

where can I find all the player stats for last nights game?
There's no stats for Stewart's communication from the back... this would be a massive KO victory to Stewart over Sheck....this was the most important factor in the Manly win....great defence frustrates NZ attack, who then let in simple tries on the back of it...yes good to see more involvement, but priority 1 is winning games, with the attack growing as the season goes on.

Completely agree with Bozo. Brett's presence certainly does appear to lift our team and it seems to be universally accepted that his value at the back in organising us defensively is second to none. Nevertheless, performances this year have been inconsistent, and there is room for improvement. I hope he lifts, as he often does to answer criticism. Nevertheless, people are certainly justified in asking some questions around his recent performances.

There's no stats for Stewart's communication from the back... this would be a massive KO victory to Stewart over Sheck....this was the most important factor in the Manly win....great defence frustrates NZ attack, who then let in simple tries on the back of it...yes good to see more involvement, but priority 1 is winning games, with the attack growing as the season goes on.

I disagree about the defence frustrating NZ part of your comment. IMO, it wasn't "great" defence that frustrated the NZ attack (though the defence still needed to be there to contribute, and yes, we have to assume Stewart is a big part of that).

I think NZ were guilty of self-sabotage (or shooting themselves in the foot, as another poster described it) with very poor discipline and basic errors. When they finally did get a bit organised later in the 2nd, they put on a backline move that saw them cross easily in the corner. That was one of the very few times they looked organised and got it right.

If we played a good team on their game yesterday, I think we would have seen much more vulnerability in our defence. Having said that, we do look to be improving in our defensive cohesion, and more pleasingly, the attitude has improved immensely. Furthermore, I do agree that this area of our game is crucial to focus on and continue developing. I also think that Brett is important to stay at the back as it continues to grow.

If NZ were allowed to play their own game , they run riot.
The Manly defence was well organised & did not allow this , taking away time & adding plenty of dominant tackles.
Without Stewart this changes & possibly the outcome with it....so Yes- defence was the order of the game.
No need to "assume" as you put it, about Stewart's input communicating from the back...the Manly players often comment on this, as does every coach he has ever had.

Snake 4 runs ( 24m )

If you want a scintillating ball carrier/returner as your fullback, then Stewart is not your man.
This is not a new development.
This has never been his strong point.

But I would have him in my side over RTS all day, everyday, purely on all the other excellent attributes he brings to the team....stability, experience, positional play, organisation, ball playing, goal line defence...he has RTS covered in all thesr aspects, and more.

If you want a scintillating ball carrier/returner as your fullback, then Stewart is not your man.

But I would have him in my side over RTS all day, everyday, purely on all the other excellent attributes he brings to the team....stability, experience, positional play, organisation, ball playing, goal line defence...he has RTS covered in all thesr aspects, and more.

'I would have him in my side over RTS all day, every day...'

I call bull**** on this. And, apart from diehard Manly fans, you would be the only person in Australia and NZ that think this, but as long as you are playing with other people's money...

We are used to the Snake being a Scintillating try scorer and superb try assist as well as all the other excellent attributes he brings to the team feathered friend

Well Brett is on a few 100,000 he must be doing something, no company or business hands out cash for no ROI unless you are Cronulla.

Both sides of the argument have weight just one side at times is over exaggerated.

We are used to the Snake being a Scintillating try scorer and superb try assist as well as all the other excellent attributes he brings to the team feathered friend
The flashes of brilliance will come from Snake as the team gels that bit more Bozo.
Stewart is the ultimate professional & doing what is necessary to simply help bind the team from the back & collect some wins.
The importance for now is to help unite the team & gather momentum & belief...the fancy stuff will show off the back of the basics being built early on.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6