1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone notice Vave?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Disco, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 37
    There was a moment, I believe in the first half where I think it was Buhrer and others bundled a Canberra player (Croker?) over the sideline

It was a great play and a few Manly players including Vave rushed over to congratulate the boys

Vave then seemed to turn around and scream to the rest of the team to get over there and show some passion/appreciation

Love his enthusiam and says it all really that he has to be firing up some Manly superstars

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    He did it more than once.Best prop on both sides.Commentators thought so too.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  3. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    He needs to start

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,844 / 103
    He was fantastic, and showed skill and well as brawn. We need to get Blake into the 17 also as the modern game is about big blokes running hard.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,496 / 42
    He and Buhrer showed the old Manly spirit that we've come to expect, but are shocked to see in short supply this year.
    Parcel's hooked up a leg rope to Vave. He knows he's the only bloke he can follow to get cheap metres out of dummy half,especially now BJ is gone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    I'm against players of his calibre starting

Let myles and starling start then turn it up with the big guns running over tiring players

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Love Vave - wants the ball, wants to run over people - that's all we Fans want :clap:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    As proved against Brisbane, Vave is a damn good prop but he is just not mobile enough to start games against totally fresh opposition.

Myles, Lussick, Starling, BJ before the pec.....all could start. But Vave is best off the bench providing big go-forward against tiring defences.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. manlywarringah

manlywarringah Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +894 / 27
    Sadly it's become one of the only parts of the game I love from our team at the moment.

Vave has been great this year and I read he was being rewarded with an upgrade. I don't think it's happened yet but i'm sure it will, even with these idiots in charge of our team!

Special mention to Jamie Buhrer who is such a workaholic and great runner. So many times he is able to get himself in between defenders and poke his head through the line. And this is after quite a bit of time off. Thank god he wasn't seriously injured again and came back on.

So much is not going for us at the moment but a couple of the boys can hold their heads up.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,610 / 46
    That was great to see, wasn't it?!! The big fella was fired up. I'm all for him off the bench in the same way NSW used Fafita. Big, strong, angry and determined.

I'm loving the Vave! Give us more big man!!! :rock:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  11. Harvies elbow

Harvies elbow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    He did some great things in that game. But that was the greatest for the message it sent to his teammates, fans and opposition. Sadly though the rest is history. Hope the retention committee got the message.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. north coast eagle

north coast eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0
    There were several times during the game where there were opportunities to move up quickly and push raiders back into there own in goal. However we arrived either too late or in too few numbers. These sort of plays can win and loose a game. I notice Vave and Buhrer's attitude and I am now thinking that it is probably more important to build the forward pack around these sort of players rather than some of their well paid team mates.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Harvies elbow

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    He's probably only on about 80 large

14. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    Starling that name makes me vomit hoe long does a guy need to prove he not up to it

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. pt73

pt73 Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0
    I love his passion, he and Matt Parcell are my favourite players of the new signings. They always give everything.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    Love Vave. Watched him in the lower grades last year and couldn't understand why he couldn't get a run in first grade. When he got his chance this year I said he might surprise some on here. The trouble is, he should be a depth prop coming off the bench. Not one of our best as he currently is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,092 / 38
    Wouldn't cover a weekend on the punt for some others

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Baz

Baz Beaver's Headgear

Ratings:
    +263 / 2
    Love Vave's enthusiasm and leadership, he's been showing it all year, constantly patting the boys on the head after good work and screaming at them to get back into the game. He's only just turned 27 too, lots more to come!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Harvies elbow

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    Just looked zero tackle has him off contract end of 16. Bet they let him go

20. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    I have had enough of Starling. Just too slow and does not bend the line.

• Agree Agree x 1