Did anyone notice Vave?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
There was a moment, I believe in the first half where I think it was Buhrer and others bundled a Canberra player (Croker?) over the sideline

It was a great play and a few Manly players including Vave rushed over to congratulate the boys

Vave then seemed to turn around and scream to the rest of the team to get over there and show some passion/appreciation

Love his enthusiam and says it all really that he has to be firing up some Manly superstars

He and Buhrer showed the old Manly spirit that we've come to expect, but are shocked to see in short supply this year.
Parcel's hooked up a leg rope to Vave. He knows he's the only bloke he can follow to get cheap metres out of dummy half,especially now BJ is gone.

Sadly it's become one of the only parts of the game I love from our team at the moment.

Vave has been great this year and I read he was being rewarded with an upgrade. I don't think it's happened yet but i'm sure it will, even with these idiots in charge of our team!

Special mention to Jamie Buhrer who is such a workaholic and great runner. So many times he is able to get himself in between defenders and poke his head through the line. And this is after quite a bit of time off. Thank god he wasn't seriously injured again and came back on.

So much is not going for us at the moment but a couple of the boys can hold their heads up.

That was great to see, wasn't it?!! The big fella was fired up. I'm all for him off the bench in the same way NSW used Fafita. Big, strong, angry and determined.

I'm loving the Vave! Give us more big man!!! :rock:

Last edited:
He did some great things in that game. But that was the greatest for the message it sent to his teammates, fans and opposition. Sadly though the rest is history. Hope the retention committee got the message.

There were several times during the game where there were opportunities to move up quickly and push raiders back into there own in goal. However we arrived either too late or in too few numbers. These sort of plays can win and loose a game. I notice Vave and Buhrer's attitude and I am now thinking that it is probably more important to build the forward pack around these sort of players rather than some of their well paid team mates.

Love Vave. Watched him in the lower grades last year and couldn't understand why he couldn't get a run in first grade. When he got his chance this year I said he might surprise some on here. The trouble is, he should be a depth prop coming off the bench. Not one of our best as he currently is.

Love Vave's enthusiasm and leadership, he's been showing it all year, constantly patting the boys on the head after good work and screaming at them to get back into the game. He's only just turned 27 too, lots more to come!

Just looked zero tackle has him off contract end of 16. Bet they let him go

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6