Did anyone miss Seu Seu?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I was just looking at our team for this week and just realised that I didn't miss Terrence Terrence at all last week. So I suppose An 80 min effort by M.Balin is the same as having Seu Seu on the bench, So why waste a bench spot with a hooker when we don't need one?
Time to blood Liam anyone?

Kiwi Eagle said:
I did, Ballins running game and spark from dummy half is nearly non existent at times these days

I agree totally. Ballin cant play a full 80 min,but seu seu isnt the answer.Dessies got 2 try someone else. Maybe Ferris for 20 minutes a game 2 give matty a rest.Also gives Ferris more time on the field when were back 2 full strength which is also a bonus.

I didn't miss Seu Seu last year, and I didn't miss him last week either.

We do need more spark out of dummy half that's for sure, but Terry Weeu Weeu isn't the answer.

2010 and the beginning of 2011 have not been great for Ballin, I love the guy but we need to bring in Seu Seu at the back end of the game to bring some spark when the others are tired. He has played well when given the shot this year and i hope Des picks him on the bench this week.

Dan, where's the voting button for the dumbest thread of the week?
Not even sure this one would have any competition. :bash:

We need a back-up hooker but Seu Seu is not the answer. He will be cut from the squad at the end of the year & will probably have problems picking up another NRL team.

No point in playing him IMO. Give Higgins or Riccardi a run off the bench instead. At least they have promise.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I did, Ballins running game and spark from dummy half is nearly non existent at times these days

I think Ballins attack is struggling like many hookers these days with the change in the play the ball. The slowing down means almost always both markers are in place so those opportunities where you can just take off are almost non existent. Its only going to be the very good hookers who are going to be able to impact games these days.

As for Ballin being an 80 minute hooker. I thought he was really feeling the pinch towards the backend of last year. Seu Seu is there to help get Ballin through the season so he is in some shape for the end of the year.

I thought Buhrer jumped into dummy 1/2 a few times against The Sharks, and looked pretty good.

Short answer, no I didn't miss him.

Long answer, he adds very little. He has enthusiasm and thats great but he isn't a great hooker. He basically runs out of dummy half a lot and I'd say the majority of his runs aren't effective. He looks quick and likes attacking, but he doesn't use his skills well he just takes strange options all too often and that rarely changes the game. His kicking is below par, and he doesn't really have anything crafty in his passing game. His choice of runners and decoys is also largely predictable. It sounds harsh but being a top athlete is a harsh thing. He would be a standout player in NSW Cup or A Grade but I just don't think he has the razor's edge to be a top guy.

Ballin is in the lower echelon of first grade hookers running around now.he defends well but offers absolutely nothing in attack-he was never great in this area but seems to be struggling even more.Seu Seu is not great iether but we do need some variety there so he probably need to play.higgins looks great but thats for next year. Big call because he is a premiership winner with us but I would not be renewing Ballins contract unless we find an attacking option to comlement him.

If we would have lost the Sharks game by a few points, everyone would have been welcoming back Seu Seu for some variety off the bench.

Ballin is a solid enough defender but that's all. He's no Cam Smith or Ennis or even that grub Farrah, that's for sure.

I would be looking for a permanent replacement once Ballins contract is up. No speed off the mark, lacks creativity or the ability to put the opposition in 2 minds which make him one of the more predictable players in the NRL.
How many teams would be singling out Ballin as Manly's danger man that needs to be shut down? (like they would for the other 3 hookers I mentioned). He's not a top flight hooker and that's why Seu Seu is important to the squad. He offers qualities that quite simply, Ballin does not possess.

I keep hearing Ballin is not an 80 minute player. Why not? He would be the fittest bloke at our club, and would have to be on a par or if not fitter than Smith, Farrah and Ennis. Why is it that these blokes can all get 80 minutes and Ballin cant?

I'm with Sue, I dont think its the fact he isnt an 80 minute player. I just think he might not have the same quality as those blokes and thats the reason we need a back up.

WAMF said:
If we would have lost the Sharks game by a few points, everyone would have been welcoming back Seu Seu for some variety off the bench.

Ballin is a solid enough defender but that's all. He's no Cam Smith or Ennis or even that grub Farrah, that's for sure.

I would be looking for a permanent replacement once Ballins contract is up. No speed off the mark, lacks creativity or the ability to put the opposition in 2 minds which make him one of the more predictable players in the NRL.
How many teams would be singling out Ballin as Manly's danger man that needs to be shut down? (like they would for the other 3 hookers I mentioned). He's not a top flight hooker and that's why Seu Seu is important to the squad. He offers qualities that quite simply, Ballin does not possess.

The QRL and Queensland Selectors all disagree with you. You do not win games if your Hooker is just a solid defender there is much more to it than that

CliffyIsGod said:
QLD could have put Axe back at hooker and they would have won.

Not the game he played. He has been anointed as the next origin hooker for QLD if Cam Smith ever retires

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6