Did anyone else notice...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Phantar

Bencher
...Graham Lowe in pleasant conversation with Barry O'Farrell in the NSW dressing rooms after Game 2? Saw it during Weidler's interview with young Hoppa. Hopefully Brookvale Oval funding got a mention.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Good to see but might be unlikely due to Graham no longer being CEO at the time of Game 2 (unless he's CEO until July 1st) and Graham Annesley, not Barry, being the main contact in regards to the upgrade.

He is still the CEO, Perry is COO for a few weeks. Wouldn't really matter anyway Jono - he could still put the case forward to the man who counts.

O'farrell as premier is the main man on budget decisions at present. I am in a state gov funding bid situation in another portfolio and state budget has been pushed back to 6 September. We have been advised to go through both our minister and direct to the premier in our bid. Vidmar I am happy to email you offline on this. Lowe is talking to the right man.

I noticed a commentator say "****" on Friday night

let's so hope, another poor crowd tonight with the monday night and weather, another dollars loss for a team who could be number 1 tonight (oh yeah) Something has to be done, we can't keep draining money out!! Sweating on new tv contract that would be the saviour for us.

yep because thats the reason.

Need a brand new stadium like in Melbourne that has 4 crowds under 10K this year or a stadium like Gosford which has a crowd of 8600, or even CUA which has far far better stands and the worst crowd of the year.

Even SFS has 2 10,100 crowds after all members are counted inflation.

We are losing maybe 1-2K due to facilities but the real reason is soft supporters who wont go in the cold or wet in any stadium as proven by all the other poor crowds accross the grounds.

People pay alot of money for FOXTEL. WTF would you go to the game in the rain if you can stay home and watch it? Sorry if i'm not a true supporter.

Look, if the ground had better facilities there would be more fans turning out. That's a given. With very little seating under cover and no parking and crap food outlets we still got 7000 on a wet, terrible night recently. With decent parking, good beer and food stalls and an under cover seating we would average a few thousand more. We've been down this road before Fluffy. Gosford hasn't got a team, Melbourne stadium is very good, but the game down there is not promoted and Penrith is a basket-case of a stadium. Not one to be emulated. The SFS host the Rorters, not a supporter crowd that goes with failure. The aim for us is a boutique stadium, one holding 15000 or so in comfort, with a hill intact and share the costs of it with the rugby crowd.

Slater Serial offender!!

Last time there was a thread about Slaters Knee/feet in tackles it wasn't great, especially on Hoppa. Not into a Storm bash - sure i hate them but this is now a bigger issue. Against the Tigers Beau Ryan chased a cross field chip & was only inches away from a direct knee in the back & possable long term injury. The NRL may see Slater as some pin up boy but if they dont take care of this repetitive technique there will be a Permanent casualty from this illegal, deliberate ploy.

Weird. I didn't think Slater's attempted tackle was anything but. I don't like the guy, but everything he does is looked at as 'illegal' by some on this site. He's a grub, but so are half the Tigers outfit, especially Gibbs. Eagle should comment on his crap play. Those two teams deserve each other.

Nice to see Sika Manu employ a couple of crushers too. Just a pity the one he was penalised for wasn't the worst one he did.

Jatz Crackers said:
MK, were you trying to do that post above as a new thread ?

Yeh Jatz - prob looked wierd on this thread but was playin up i think. My title was "Slater serial offender." Funny some say it was ok & theres lots of dangerous tackles - yes there is because its a physical contact sport but Slater will injure someone with this particular tackle & then everyone will jump on the bandwagon. Will happen by seasons end no doubt.

it was covered up very well and glossed over by the rest.

It was an off the cuff comment to start a statement,

Fonz said:
People pay alot of money for FOXTEL. WTF would you go to the game in the rain if you can stay home and watch it? Sorry if i'm not a true supporter.

Money for the club not News Corp. Is that a good enough reason for you?

Its greet to get to the games,but anyone who has Foxtel/Austar has to consider their options.I know Austar's base package is about $43,then it's about $20 to get the foxsports options on (that's what I pay,anyway).After paying that,you have to consider using it over the costs of a day at the footy.

ayjay007 said:
Its greet to get to the games,but anyone who has Foxtel/Austar has to consider their options.I know Austar's base package is about $43,then it's about $20 to get the foxsports options on (that's what I pay,anyway).After paying that,you have to consider using it over the costs of a day at the footy.

What Jono said.

Jono said:
Fonz said:

Money for the club not News Corp. Is that a good enough reason for you?

Sorry Jono. You're obviously a true supporter!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6