Diabolical

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
If I wasn't ropable enough already, I write a big spray on here, push post, and get the message "Silvertails is taking too long to respond" and the whole bloody message was lost !! So I will start again and probably lose some of the bite out of it as I try a second time !!

That was extremely, extremely disappointing. The game was lost in the 1st half, when we dominated all of the game, should have gone in 18 up, and went in 2 down instead. We actually went alright that half, the 2nd half effort was pitiful though, the sort of disappointment in this side that I haven't experienced for quite a few years. There are no excuses out there, as close as we will get to a full strength unit this season. The ref was average, but again that is no excuse. We were playing an average side, who were not playing out of their skin, and should simply have been dispatched comfortably

Will start off with the forwards. Our pack was at the start of the season, and should be, dominating packs week in week out, nowhere near happening at the moment
Perry, for a guy with his reputation and experience, he is playing as soft as they come at the moment, he wouldn't be near my starting side next week, possibly not even the bench. He is woeful
Kite, would struggle to find a bigger fan of the man than me, but his impact is zero at the moment as well, started off the season strong but has dipped dramatically
Watmough, I will never, ever question the blokes effort. But in that 2nd half, he threw far too many balls that should have been tucked under the wing and full steam ahead
Ballin, a bit protected on here, but he was awful. Has no running game at all, offered nothing with the boot, was part of the soft effort on Campese, and that ploy of lying on top of the player to try and con the ref was stupid

King, he at least continues to show some aggression and puts in, more of the same is needed from others. Rose showed something at times. Galuvao needs to play a lot more minutes than he is. Rodney was adequate, Stewart was very good, the leading forward light by a mile

The halves. Can't complain about Foran, he ran hard, chased hard and put in all night long
Hodkinson, average. He may be the luckiest man in Rugby League at the momemt, will be getting double if not triple what he is worth next season. I am not far away at all from hopping on the bandwagon for Cherry's NRL cherry to be popped. He has no running or passing game, kicking is adequate and tackling good

Farrar, aside from the intercept, was solid again. Robbo was outstanding I thought, some of the forwards could learn something from him, he was hitting the line harder than they were. Tony was ok as well

Matai. I will be shattered if he goes, he is a 25 year old rep centre, who puts in 100% every single week, is among our top 3 players every single week and trys to do something to lift the side when it is needed. He tries harder than most of our forwards, he runs harder than most of our forwards and he tackles harder than most of our forwards. Tragic if he is lost to the club imo. If we had 17 of his attitude to footy we wouldn't lose a game

Lyon, forgot he was playing until the 62nd minute. I put some of that down to Hodkinson being inside him, but with his position in the side, he needs to get himself involved somehow. He at least has an excuse that it was his 1st match for a while

It is all bloody depressing, am currently watching the rugby and trying to round up a few lads to hit town with to try and get over that effort. Haven't felt this disappointed in the side after a loss for a long time.

I hope that the sheds have been stripped bare of paint by Des after that

Next week I want to, na bugger it, I demand a side to run onto Shark Park in Maroon and White, be aggressive, enthusiastic and put in for 80 minutes

Boks went down comfortably so at least my night isn't as bad as mata's !!

Not any real success with rounding up the lads though so more time to stew on it lol

Out enthused and out muscled. Bloody ordinary in fact.

I have a new nickname for Whatnow...The Butcher of Brookvale. If we ever need our momentum killed stone dead or our chances in a game finished off, get the ball to him and he delivers without fail. I thought his effort in Origin in not scoring that try was bad, he raised the bar tonight with 3 or 4 beauties.

Perry and Kite are living on reputation. Ballin had his worse game for a few weeks. Stewy tried hard but seems to be forced into providing all the creativity on the RHS as TH has delivered very little in that dept and Killer was hardly spotted tonight.

Canberra wanted it more than we did, and it showed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4