Dessie's Secret Weapon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Dessie's Secret Weapon

From the Play On column in today's Manly Daily comes this snippet:

------------------------------------
We hear word the Sea Eagles are working on an innovative defensive system which may revolutionise the way the game is played. 8|
Coach Des Hasler has been at pains to keep the move under wraps but word has still leaked out.
'"We have changed a few areas in the off-season and have done a few things differently in training and we hope that transfers on to the field" was all he would divulge.
"It is more to do with out training (than fitness) and the way we go about it. I would rather keep that under my belt for now."
It will be interesting to see whether the ploy is unveiled in today's trial against the Tigers.
------------------------------------

It is hard to see something that hasn't already been tried by the great RL schemers. Although we have one of the comp's best backrows, it is the holes that appear on the ruck fringes during broken play that worries me the most; along with previous defensive weaknesses in the centres. New rule changes will probably see a lot more dummy half running and a faster play the ball. Controlling this area so that the team is not on the back foot would be valuable. Anything that makes us more competitive and stops the score blow-outs would be welcome.

Dessie's Secret Weapon

I can see the end of year summation.

Q:Dessie, how do you sum up coming 10th for 2006.

A: An overachievement considering we used a revolutionary/innovative defensive system. Never mind the 100-0 flogging to Souths, that had nothing to do with our defence. :)

Dessie's Secret Weapon

A: An overachievement considering we used a revolutionary/innovative defensive system. Never mind the 100-0 flogging to Souths, that had nothing to do with our defence. :)
Pessimist! :cop:

Dessie's Secret Weapon

Ryan, are you posting under Byso's account!! :blaugh:

Dessie's Secret Weapon

Lets hope that today is the first time that this new defensive weapon is being used and that they didn't use it last week against to rorters. if they did then it didn;t work.

Hopefully it will be better than drinking bark sap or whatever last years secret weapon was.

Dessie's Secret Weapon

[quote author=byso]

Ryan, are you posting under Byso's account!! :blaugh:

[/quote]

lol, just my wacky sense of humour, with just a touch of accuracy ;) :violin:

Dessie's Secret Weapon

Can we keep that on record though, we just never know what pearls of wisdom Dessie will come out with next. :p

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6