Dessie wiped from Manly premiers mug

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I had a look back but couldn't find the outrage!!!!!!! by the Tele when Wayne Bennett was "erased" ("From History"!) from the Dragons merchandise?

By the way the Tele leading with "A fresh battle front was drawn up...."

Do they really believe the stuff they write?

vidmar said:
I had a look back but couldn't find the outrage!!!!!!! by the Tele when Wayne Bennett was "erased" ("From History"!) from the Dragons merchandise?

By the way the Tele leading with "A fresh battle front was drawn up...."

Do they really believe the stuff they write?

Just another beat up by the dead beats at the Tele. A bit more Manly bashing, nothing new there.

Paul Kent is a w@nker. Read teh comments on the tele crap site....He got his desired result....Wouldnt print mine

Frogz said:
Paul Kent is a w@nker. Read teh comments on the tele crap site....He got his desired result....Wouldnt print mine

LOL they wouldnt print my reply either, those cocksmokers who did get thier comments printed obviously didnt read the article which clearly states that it was the NRL who did the photo editing - just another Manly bashing article from Paul Kunt and his News Ltd friends

https://twitter.com/#!/Tribe13_/status/161577151487942656
@Tribe13_
Tribe13 | Sean Fagan
I fear anything less than Dessie dressed in blue & white in Manly 2011 memorabilia won't quell the feigned outrage of some. #NRL

Des is not the only one left out of the picture.

I fell sorry for the young boy in front of and to the right of Watmough and then the person in front of the boy who have also been left out of the picture on the mug.

They would have been very dissapointed not to see their pictures forever in the clubs memorabilia.

What would a DT article about Manly be without a couple of quotes from trusty old uncle Zorb.
Someone needs to get in his ear and tell him to STFU the next time Kent and Rothfield come knocking.

WAMF said:
What would a DT article about Manly be without a couple of quotes from trusty old uncle Zorb.
Someone needs to get in his ear and tell him to STFU the next time Kent and Rothfield come knocking.

Agreed. Kent has gone on record that Zorba is one of the reasons he hates Manly, so why does the latter even give Kent the time of day?

He just can't accept that the Club has moved on from both Hasler and himself.

His presumed falling out with his own nephew is like something out of 'Days of our Lives' or in his case 'The Old and the Useless'...

Now this story has made it to channel 9 news. (Not the full storyof course, just enough to make us look foolish and bitter).

WAMF said:

And why is Bob Reilly quoted????

Perry, Penn or Rachel Media Manager should be handling this.

Seriously we have become an embarrassment & have overdone this erasing of des from posters,mugs etc.

For gods sake the man brought us 2 premierships & played in 2 premierships & this is how we want to show the thanks.Why not erase the photos of those wankers from the board who caused all these problems.

Do you see the dragons erasing wayne bennett from any of there memorabilia this is without a doubt the lowest point in the clubs history erasing one of our legends.PS sorry for the outburst guys.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Seriously we have become an embarrassment & have overdone this erasing of des from posters,mugs etc.

For gods sake the man brought us 2 premierships & played in 2 premierships & this is how we want to show the thanks.Why not erase the photos of those wankers from the board who caused all these problems.

Do you see the dragons erasing wayne bennett from any of there memorabilia this is without a doubt the lowest point in the clubs history erasing one of our legends.PS sorry for the outburst guys.
Are you illiterate mate or just lazy when you read. This wasnt the clubs doing it was the NRL's it happened last year with Bennett and with some 2008 merchandise. So don't get your panties in a knot.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:

Derp, did you read the article?

Sea Eagle Chris said:
bones said:
Haha... Paul Kent must have read this thread. The story is now in the Telegraph.

Manly chief executive David Perry was forced to go to the NRL for a "please explain" yesterday after inadvertently being drawn into the embarrassing gaffe - but was relieved to learn that it was no fault of Manly's

"The NRL signed off on all that merchandise, we didn't even see it," Perry said

"It got fired off on the public holiday in October the day after the game, before Des had even left the club."

The NRL claimed Hasler was removed during "phase two" of its memorabilia release, when the image tries to focus on a "players only" format. Similar images were released last year without Wayne Bennett in the Dragons premiership photos, and the same when Manly won its premiership in 2008

Sometimes, though, some involved cannot be removed from the image without leaving holes on the photograph - which explains why incoming first grade coach Geoff Toovey and several other assistants remain

Typical piece of garbage journalism by Paul Kent. Love how he contradicts himself through the whole article. Typical Sea Eagles haters jumping onboard the article and hating on Manly without really reading the article in the first place. Same thing happened to Wayne Bennett and apparently wasn't back page news last year.

Finished my rant and I feel better now :)
Ohhhhh i missed this article now i see what your on about cambo i jumped the gun.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Now this story has made it to channel 9 news. (Not the full storyof course, just enough to make us look foolish and bitter).

Yep, saw this and had to restrain myself from swearing at the screen in front of my kids. Despite having obviously taken the story from the "Telegraph", the Nine story conveniently left out the fact that the Manly club had nothing to do with it and that it's the NRL's doing.
Wankers.

cmon everyone we know we are ALWAYS going to be in the media spotlight right or wrong its heaven for them we need to harden up and hit them all where it matters most by winning on the field and going back to back ,just remember we are the premiers thats whats doing all these hacks heads in at the moment they cant handle the fact .

hope your reading this paul karnt !!!!!! ;)

premiers 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bitch

Nothing at all to do with Des, or with him leaving. Not even anything to do with Manly.

It seems, as per NRL policy, that every non-player who could be erased was erased. Same as previously. If Des wanted to be in the photo, he only needed to be with or in front of a player.

It is hilarious how mind-numbingly stupid and reactive the media think their viewers and readers are. If these readers/viewers don't get that they are being treated as simpletons, then that's compelling evidence that they are.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6