Des's Long Term Future In Doubt?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They're making **** up to destabilise us on the eve of our most important game since 2008 GF. The media want a Lockyer fairytale ending as do the NRL they dont want us in there. Stick it up them Manly and really **** them all when we win this thing.

If Desmond was going to leave there would be few people who would know about it. None of them are on this site, on the Bulldogs site or in the media.

Garts said:
Dessie would not leave, surely. I keep telling my wife if we have a boy after the GF I want to call him Desmond. She is horrified at the thought.

Yeah i tried cliffy...and failed...we had a girl.

Fonz said:
If Desmond was going to leave there would be few people who would know about it. None of them are on this site, on the Bulldogs site or in the media.

Its in the telegaph
They say the reason the Dogs are holding off naming a new coach is they are waiting for Hasler to finish the season off. They say the dogs will offer $600,000 a season where manly are offering $400,000

The Tele say its expected he will stay with Manly because of the strong bond he has with the players.

Des has always said he's not a career coach. IMO he won't coach anyone else and will one day stand down to let Toovs take over and step into administration at the club.

Garts said:
Dessie would not leave, surely. I keep telling my wife if we have a boy after the GF I want to call him Desmond. She is horrified at the thought.
.........just as long as he gets a haircut Garts and he does,nt throw toy walkie talkie,s around,lol

This is the Tele link
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/canterbury-bulldogs-keen-to-interview-manly-sea-eagles-coach-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226144173848

I don't think I can ever remember a more sustained campaign of hatred from any newspaper as I have seen from the DT this week for Manly. News Ltd spite at its finest. It is a disgrace, they are a disgrace.

master blaster said:
Garts said:
.........just as long as he gets a haircut Garts and he does,nt throw toy walkie talkie,s around,lol

or break doors off hinges :D:heart:

hey nuthin wrong with the 70s hairdo.....been doing me fine for past 30 odd years :rolleyes:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-coach-des-hasler-decides-to-stay-at-the-helm-of-the-sea-eagles-past-2011-nrl-season/story-fn2mcuj6-1226085968634

I don't see Des running out on his contract a year early.

Maroon and White said:
I really don't see Des as the type of man who would leave Manly simply for the lure of bigger money elsewhere. So whatever issues that are, or may be stalling his long term commitment....lets hope they can be sorted. It would be interesting to know if anyone has any clues on what these issues may be.

Everyone is available at the right price... An extra 200K is a big carrot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6