Des's Long Term Future In Doubt?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This really has got nothing to do with Zorba.That is just a symptom of a wider malaise.Des has not seen eye to eye with board or owners for a long time.There is very little talent in management or on the board and Des doesnt suffer fools gladly.My information is that him leaving is a real possibility at some stage in the future.

So, as a group of die-hard fans, who do side with?

Des - one helluva coach and an all-Manly man
Players - that's why we're here
CEO/COO - he's our Boss
Penn Family - one of the owners

After all, we know exactly NOTHING of the truth.
We know NOTHING of the reasoning.

Yet we still blindly believe the Press - who we despise but believe.

Maroon and White said:
I don't tend to post too often, but thought this one was important. Listening to Talkin Sport on the way home tonight, Graeme Hughes mentioned just before the show ended that there is talk that Des's contract extention has hit a hurdle or two. He didn't say what those hurdles are. More worryingly Hughes stated that Canterbury have tabled a very large offer to nab Des away from Manly. It was stated that this will hit the news outlets any time now. How true this is....who knows (perhaps the Peter Peters drama has left Des disillusioned?) I'm just reporting what was mentioned. Hopefully it's not fact! Losing Des would be akin to losing Beaver.....if not more disappointing.

You forgot to mention that Hughes said Des was contracted to Manly for next year - and of course many clubs would try to get him when he's available.

How we fans get suckered into this stuff in the lead-up to our biggest game of the year continues to amaze me, though it shouldn't by now. Let's give them a new headline, 'fans aghast at Hasler leaving Manly because of internal dramas etc blah blah'

Yes folks there are those who really would be happy to derail our campaign, don't play into their hands by giving legs to another stupid rumour.

From my knowledge of Des, if he was that upset with officials he wouldn't react by going to the Dogs. He'd be far more likely to have a stint OS, or take up the SOO post.

bob dylan said:
When a club is poison like The Dogs are it will take more than Des and Crusher to get them out of trouble. They need Peter Moore to be resurrected.

Thats an insult to Des and Crusher. I would take Des and Crusher over the corrupt Peter Moore any day.

I am sure there will be a board spill before des and crusher consider leaving manly. Time for the faceless men to go

People move on. It's a fact of life. Ron Willey coached us to our first two premierships, 72 /73 and had a 74% winning record and left us after five years. I couldn't understand that at the time and was bitterly disappointed, but that's life. Nothing lasts forever.

From
@bulldogRitchie
Rumour is out there but be stunned if Des leaves Manly. He has all but agreed to stay on...

Canteen Worker said:
Every time there has been a stink at Manly it has come back to the faceless men on the board. It seems that Bob Reilly is the name that keeps coming up. I don't know him, have never met him but the stupidity that goes on reminds me of the Labor Party at its worst.

It seems that the factional warriors are so drunk with their backroom power games that they forget the business of the club is to run a happy and united team that plays good football. It is no illusion that Jack Gibson credited the idea that a Premiership Team starts in the front office.

The timing of Zorba's demise was stupid and it has upset the players who are very loyal to him. The timing of this stuff is even more stupid. Manly is a stable family club but the power of the Football Club is starting to worry me. The lies that were peddled around when Mayer was shafted were just that - lies and the scare campaign from the Football club were total BS. Are we going to be dragged through all that once again, scaring off sponsors, losing fans, dividing the loyalty of club personalities etc.

It is time some reputable club identities put up for election to some of these positions (like Parra have done) and get some people that are not playing out their personal powerplay fantasies.

If we were to lose Des due to the game of these morons, it would be a tragic day in the life of our great club.

PS Could we get about winning the comp rather than this stupid malarkey!!!?

I won't pretend to know what is going on because I don’t but personally I am over it.

In my opinion the board has really lost its way ever since the Ken Arthurson era. As a club we really have an opportunity to be in the strongest position and the best in the business. Results are being achieved on the field and it’s a crying shame that it can't be replicated at board level.

For the sake of everyone involved in the club and in particular the supporters that bleed maroon and white, SORT IT OUT!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
From
@bulldogRitchie
Rumour is out there but be stunned if Des leaves Manly. He has all but agreed to stay on...
Awesome news Thanks Berkeley Eagle

This board seems to be causing so many problems over the last few years. How do we get rid of them?

We're losing $1.4 million this year and are in a financial hole, it took ages to get a sponsor, our ground is a dump, and our crowds have been down. As far as I'm concerned the coaching staff and player talent are by far the best thing going for this club at the moment. This coaching staff must be kept at all costs. Des, Crusher and Tooves are Manly, not these suits who are just causing grief.

I still think it's a rumor started by Manly haters to try and derail our premiership chances.

OneEyedEagle said:
Canteen Worker said:
Every time there has been a stink at Manly it has come back to the faceless men on the board. It seems that Bob Reilly is the name that keeps coming up. I don't know him, have never met him but the stupidity that goes on reminds me of the Labor Party at its worst.

It seems that the factional warriors are so drunk with their backroom power games that they forget the business of the club is to run a happy and united team that plays good football. It is no illusion that Jack Gibson credited the idea that a Premiership Team starts in the front office.

The timing of Zorba's demise was stupid and it has upset the players who are very loyal to him. The timing of this stuff is even more stupid. Manly is a stable family club but the power of the Football Club is starting to worry me. The lies that were peddled around when Mayer was shafted were just that - lies and the scare campaign from the Football club were total BS. Are we going to be dragged through all that once again, scaring off sponsors, losing fans, dividing the loyalty of club personalities etc.

It is time some reputable club identities put up for election to some of these positions (like Parra have done) and get some people that are not playing out their personal powerplay fantasies.

If we were to lose Des due to the game of these morons, it would be a tragic day in the life of our great club.

PS Could we get about winning the comp rather than this stupid malarkey!!!?

I won't pretend to know what is going on because I don’t but personally I am over it.

In my opinion the board has really lost its way ever since the Ken Arthurson era. As a club we really have an opportunity to be in the strongest position and the best in the business. Results are being achieved on the field and it’s a crying shame that it can't be replicated at board level.

For the sake of everyone involved in the club and in particular the supporters that bleed maroon and white, SORT IT OUT!

Dead right Canteen - far better for we supporters to write, telephone, speak in person etc to the board members and David Perry imploring them in strong terms to sort out the problems and work together in a positive unified spirit.

And remind each one of them that ALL of us supporters are 100% behind Des Crusher and the team, and that we expect the same level of cohesion and successful outcome from the board!!

The destructive days of the ego driven divisiveness between the Penn and Delmege camps need to serve as the way NOT EVER to run the Manly Sea Eagles!!

David Perry if there is division here then you also need to be the peace broker. yeah its a hard gig ....but its yours so grab it with both hands :idea: :heart:

You guys get suckered into Shock Media way too easily. Des is contracted next year, obviously the club wants to keep him but ultimately it's his decision.

I agree with Bones, this is dramatised to try derail our premiership and it's quite obvious by the timing.

The piggy in the middle of all these troubles seems to be the Football Club board - I know there are current board members who view and also contribute on here.

Maybe they could provide an explanation - as a FC member I dont really feel like writing an email and having another phone call with Bob Reilly.

Rumours are created way too easily these days and especially with the dropkick fans that don't have a team to support in the finals(sucks to be them).
Des will leave the club one day, let's just hope it is when he retires as I would be gutted if he coached against the mighty maroon and white.

This boardroom bickering and power plays are really getting tiresome. I was hoping that the departure of Max might settle things down somewhat, obviously not. I'd really like to know what is at the heart of all this. Surely they are all working for a common goal, that being the long term success and viability of the Sea Eagles............or are they ??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6