Des's Long Term Future In Doubt?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Des rumour to the Bulldogs has been floating around on the kennel forum since the 15th they are also saying that Foran might follow him.

Foran is bull****. He's signed for two years.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's some pressure being put on the board.

Imagine the venom
Aimed at the board if we won the comp and DES left I think it would be Safe to say former greats of the club would run a rival ticket

I can imagine that there may be reasons why Des would consider this but personally I believe there is more reason for the press to push for a destabilising influence on Manly winning this year. There are parts of the Sea Eagles where it is our team or no team. I'm not saying Des is one and I wouldn't bet an important body part on it but seriously - Des IS Manly and I can't see him moving elsewhere.

The Eagle said:
If it was true id cry.....this must be the motivation rumor that bones wouldn't divulge

Yup ... I heard it a week ago. I thought it was crap then. I still don't think he will go anywhere.

bones said:
The Eagle said:
If it was true id cry.....this must be the motivation rumor that bones wouldn't divulge

Yup ... I heard it a week ago. I thought it was crap then. I still don't think he will go anywhere.

Yeah the rumour has been floating around on the Bulldogs forum for a week, but they also said Foran was going with him aswell which is bull****.

Dessie would not leave, surely. I keep telling my wife if we have a boy after the GF I want to call him Desmond. She is horrified at the thought.

I like the part in that article where it says Des might leave Manly out of loyalty to his players. Wtf?

Hasn't Des already resigned at least for the next year or two? What about his relationship with the Stewart brothers amongst other players, club officials supporters etc? He strikes me as being a very loyal man.

Surely, someone as smart as him can see it is time for a new media direction .T he club will find something for Zorba. Please Des do not leave. Des is the biggest reason for our success.

If Des did leave over this Zorba is a bull**** artist, he should beg Des and Crusher to stay on if he loves the club the way he says he does, besides he still has family there,Zorba should only have his job title change nothing more

Brooke said:
Hasn't Des already resigned at least for the next year or two? What about his relationship with the Stewart brothers amongst other players, club officials supporters etc? He strikes me as being a very loyal man.

Surely, someone as smart as him can see it is time for a new media direction .T he club will find something for Zorba. Please Des do not leave. Des is the biggest reason for our success.

I am positive Des is signd until the end of 2012. We were trying to get him to sign for 2 more years about 5 months ago which i thought the club managed to do.

Every time there has been a stink at Manly it has come back to the faceless men on the board. It seems that Bob Reilly is the name that keeps coming up. I don't know him, have never met him but the stupidity that goes on reminds me of the Labor Party at its worst.

It seems that the factional warriors are so drunk with their backroom power games that they forget the business of the club is to run a happy and united team that plays good football. It is no illusion that Jack Gibson credited the idea that a Premiership Team starts in the front office.

The timing of Zorba's demise was stupid and it has upset the players who are very loyal to him. The timing of this stuff is even more stupid. Manly is a stable family club but the power of the Football Club is starting to worry me. The lies that were peddled around when Mayer was shafted were just that - lies and the scare campaign from the Football club were total BS. Are we going to be dragged through all that once again, scaring off sponsors, losing fans, dividing the loyalty of club personalities etc.

It is time some reputable club identities put up for election to some of these positions (like Parra have done) and get some people that are not playing out their personal powerplay fantasies.

If we were to lose Des due to the game of these morons, it would be a tragic day in the life of our great club.

PS Could we get about winning the comp rather than this stupid malarkey!!!?

Canteen Worker said:
Every time there has been a stink at Manly it has come back to the faceless men on the board. It seems that Bob Reilly is the name that keeps coming up. I don't know him, have never met him but the stupidity that goes on reminds me of the Labor Party at its worst.

It seems that the factional warriors are so drunk with their backroom power games that they forget the business of the club is to run a happy and united team that plays good football. It is no illusion that Jack Gibson credited the idea that a Premiership Team starts in the front office.

The timing of Zorba's demise was stupid and it has upset the players who are very loyal to him. The timing of this stuff is even more stupid. Manly is a stable family club but the power of the Football Club is starting to worry me. The lies that were peddled around when Mayer was shafted were just that - lies and the scare campaign from the Football club were total BS. Are we going to be dragged through all that once again, scaring off sponsors, losing fans, dividing the loyalty of club personalities etc.

It is time some reputable club identities put up for election to some of these positions (like Parra have done) and get some people that are not playing out their personal powerplay fantasies.

If we were to lose Des due to the game of these morons, it would be a tragic day in the life of our great club.

PS Could we get about winning the comp rather than this stupid malarkey!!!?

I have to believe on this issue there are some things that money just can't buy! Our great coach to the Bulldogs ? No way Jose! It has to be just a rumour. And if he were to be taking any players with him, wouldn't it be Glenn & Brett? Like that will happen.

The Eagle said:
www.zerotackle.com.au/hasler-sticks-sea-eagles-2681/

Hopefully true

Thanks The Eagle. I thought that was the case. Hope it was all official.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
yeah I heard it was a huge offer for him and Crusher a couple of weeks ago

Did'nt the Dogs do the dirty on Kane which is Crushers son if so no matter how much they offer i think that there is no chance of him going.To loose Des and Crusher geezzz it would be like ripping the hart and soul out of Manly we have a very strong coulture at this club we can not loose em

Ceagle said:
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/nrl/the-manly-sea-eagles-are-a-club-in-crisis-as-coach-des-hasler-and-his-players-distance-themselve-from-the-board/story-fn7sfxe7-1226133778317

This article could explain his reasons for leaving.

Worst "journalism" I have seen in a while.

The facile Media Blitz never ceases to amaze me.
Zorba is the one leaving and his delusions of importance to Manly are just that.
Manly are today labeled 'Sea Evils'. Talk about disrespect to an amazingly talented and dedicated group of Players.
Hopa's Mum needs to be on the News giving a sermon on good and evil :angel:

Manly 2011 Premiers :D The rest is mere white noise.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6