Des's belief: HASLER'S HEROS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

captainskin

Reserve Grader
I wonder what Des is saying, or hinting at, or reiterating, to the players in preparation so they believe in themselves.

Everything, he will know, is up against his boys: experience, combinations, skill, determination, will, home ground, and playing injured.

I wonder if he will draw on films like, Kenneth Brannah's (really Shakespere's) 'Henry the fifth', where Henry's motley few defeated the French, because they would use the surroundings and the love of the history the soldiers would create, by giving it their all.

Or the stylised movie '300' where the Spartans held out the might of the Persian Army, knowing tactics and sheer belief in their ability, not allowing any prophesy or politics to get in the way, so they could fight to the death to protect their women, children and sacred land of Sparta.

Yes, this could become a fairytale, but the odds and sheer force of nature is against Des's boys.

All I ask is that they boys turn up and do us proud: for England, for Sparta, FOR MANLY!

quoting from Shakespeares Macbeth..
"What man dare, I dare:
Approach thou like the rugged Russian bear,
The armed rhinoceros, or the Hyrcan tiger,-
Take any shape but that, and my firm nerves
Shall never tremble.
...no dragons mentioned, we're sweet. Inside tip there from William though...the Tigers in 2010!??

You know if we get done by 20 I'll be the happiest I have been all year,if it blows out to 40 plus I'll just have to turn the TV off, if they win I'll go and buy 10 lottery tickets because that will be the luckiest day of my life.

Last game for Perry, Hodko, Tasi & Farrar - goodluck lads. Hopefully, Foran & Matai sign, but if they don't, good luck to them in the future as well.

sounds Odd but
anything lees than 20 I wont feel too bad
but what would really grate is if we are any sort of chance to win and those Pinkys manage to screw us out of a win somehow again this year

Does anyone remember a semi-final back in 1992 against Canberra that contained Meninga, Belcher, Clyde, Daley, Stuart etc. A badly depleted Manly side led by the master Cliffy Lyons went within a bee's dick of beating the mighty Raiders. One of the great performances in the club's history for mine & the Coach was Graham Lowe and if my memory serves me correct he shed tears after the game.

You might have something there captain.

We could dress George up in a leather skimpy sparta outfit on Sunday which should have the St george players dry retching for the next 90 minutes and give us time to put on an unassailable lead.

I'm a believer that things eventually even out, especially with ref decisions. Sometimes it takes minutes, sometimes days, sometimes months or even years. By my account, we've been on the rough end of 4 blatantly incorrect calls this year. The forward pass to Reddy, The Gasnier dropped ball, the obstruction on Matai and the Lyon eight point try. The Gasnier one was squared up in the same game with the forward pass to Foran. Therefore, I believe the universe owe us three massive square ups. My hope is they all come in this game :)

Mark from Brisbane link said:
You know if we get done by 20 I'll be the happiest I have been all year,if it blows out to 40 plus I'll just have to turn the TV off, if they win I'll go and buy 10 lottery tickets because that will be the luckiest day of my life.

If we are lucky enough to win you'll only need the one ticket!

Today like no other day is a day that we work for respect. No team comes against us believing that they have an easy opponent. Today you need to look deep inside of yourselves, search your hearts and souls and stir the lion within. Roar from the pit of your stomachs and roar the word respect. For only fools believe that the opposition is worth discounting. The Dragons  will come to knock you down, pulverise you and humiliate you. That is their desire what is yours. Are you not men made of legends,steel and pride. What my team motivates you if not the numerous questions of your worth in these finals? walk with pride, stride with determination, offer your soul to your brother next to you and forever let them remember the day they played the Mighty Sea eagles.

rod link said:
Today like no other day is a day that we work for respect. No team comes against us believing that they have an easy opponent. Today you need to look deep inside of yourselves, search your hearts and souls and stir the lion within. Roar from the pit of your stomachs and roar the word respect. For only fools believe that the opposition is worth discounting. The Dragons  will come to knock you down, pulverise you and humiliate you. That is their desire what is yours. Are you not men made of legends,steel and pride. What my team motivates you if not the numerous questions of your worth in these finals? walk with pride, stride with determination, offer your soul to your brother next to you and forever let them remember the day they played the Mighty Sea eagles.

Worthy of Shakespere, Rod.
"for we few... this shall be called St Crispun's day"

Eagle Eyed Cherry link said:
Does anyone remember a semi-final back in 1992 against Canberra that contained Meninga, Belcher, Clyde, Daley, Stuart etc. A badly depleted Manly side led by the master Cliffy Lyons went within a bee's dick of beating the mighty Raiders. One of the great performances in the club's history for mine & the Coach was Graham Lowe and if my memory serves me correct he shed tears after the game.

I was there. Manly lost 30-22 with David O Donnell as the hooker. Right in the game until 10 mins to go. I was gutted but they did us proud.

Matty Dunford and Tony Mestrov in the front row.
I was at the game too. Remember it well. Was in a corporate box at the SFS courtesy of my old man. I was wobbly by the end of the presidents cup game lol. My first box experience (corporate that is) and I went hard on the piss. Great day.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2