DESperate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It makes complete sense to me.

Maybe Brett Stewart and the club know he is on his last legs. Maybe the plan all along was for him to stay around and mentor blokes like Hiku and Gutherson and bow out gracefully when one of them matured.

To me Gutherson is not up to it. He's an old style fullback but he's no ball player. Maybe they agree.

If talk of Hiku to the dogs on big money is correct then alarm bells would have been ringing at Manly HQ. Going by Toovs response to Hasler making an offer to Hiku i'd say there's a fair bit in it.

A rugby league team that signs players from other clubs. Oh the horror. Everyone does it. Who cares if they buy players at the bottom end or top end. It is a business after all. No different to any other commercial business that wants to attract the best talent.

Stevo said:
If true about Hiku it gives legs to the rumor that we are sounding out Tedesco

Why would Tedesco come here with Stewart. Unless as you say he is on his last legs and he and the club knows it. If I was Tedesco no chance I would come here with Stewart on the books still.

Why would we be after Tedesco, the kid is a starter and will not go to a club to play second fiddle or to be shunted to the wing.

To be honest we will likely lose Hiku unless Wolf goes, its a shame but it is the same as Whare, we just couldn't accomodate him.

We will not replace him either as we have Gutherson and Trjbovic!

Not every club signs high-profile, expensive players like Canterbury - that's the issue. How can they still be playing by the same rules?
Re Tesesco: It would be in your interest to get the the match early to watch the Under 20s. Keep your eye on the lanky 18-year old fullback. If he plays as well as I've seen then you would realise Manly have its next fullback.

Disco said:
Why would we be after Tedesco, the kid is a starter and will not go to a club to play second fiddle or to be shunted to the wing.

To be honest we will likely lose Hiku unless Wolf goes, its a shame but it is the same as Whare, we just couldn't accomodate him.

Gutherson doesn't have it and the young Trebojevic is What? 17?

When building a side you have to sign some high profile players. They have to do what is required to be competitive. Des did the same with us in his earlier years with Kite, Kennedy, Orford, Lyon etc.

I do not question the Dogs salary cap as their backline is pretty ordinary, the only high profile player is Morris, the rest are not what you would call marquee. Look at our backline, Stewart, DCE, Foran, Lyon, Matai then you have Williams and Tafua. If the dogs then start signing 1 or 2 players of that calibre in their backline then I will be thinking something maybe up.

Garts said:
When building a side you have to sign some high profile players. They have to do what is required to be competitive. Des did the same with us in his earlier years with Kite, Kennedy, Orford, Lyon etc.

I do not question the Dogs salary cap as their backline is pretty ordinary, the only high profile player is Morris, the rest are not what you would call marquee. Look at our backline, Stewart, DCE, Foran, Lyon, Matai then you have Williams and Tafua. If the dogs then start signing 1 or 2 players of that calibre in their backline then I will be thinking something maybe up.

I tend to agree with you about their backline, but Reynolds is also on fairly big coin after they missed out on Foran

Stevo said:
Disco said:

Gutherson doesn't have it and the young Trebojevic is What? 17?
Gutherson has played 1 game and looked good. I remember people say Cherry Evans doesnt have what it takes after we lost to the storm in round 1 in his debut

The Who said:
Hasler was regarded as a fine coach when he was with Manly. He brought a number of players through the ranks who have become superstars, and rarely needed to purchase established stars. I can only think of Lyon, Kennedy, Bell and Orford in the last 6-7 years.
Now that he is with the Dogs he seems to have become DESperate, and is trying to buy success.
How the Dogs can keep under the cap when paying ‘overs’ for players is a mystery that Greenturd will not investigate.
I feel sorry for Cronulla who have battled hardship to build a strong side, only to have DESpicable rip them apart.
My respect for the man disappeared when he left the club in the lurch, and took several important staff with him. Fortunately the only player he was able to poach was T-Rex – for a reported $500,000 a season. How’s that working out for you DESerter?
I’m now re-evaluating his coaching ability. If he was as good as everybody once thought why doesn’t he build from within?

Now we know the best recruitment officer is Dave Warwick NOT Cleal who took all the kudos for recruitment. Thank god Cleal decided to got to the dogs (no pun intended) because he had agreed to terms with the dogs but Warwick and re-signed with Manly.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:

I tend to agree with you about their backline, but Reynolds is also on fairly big coin after they missed out on Foran

Is he though? Surely no more than $300k.

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:

Pretty sure it was reported as being in the 400s somewhere, compared to the 600 offered to Foran

HappilyManly said:
2v just gave it to The Son of Sam on 10 News for trying to sign Hiku :cool:

'He has signed everyone from every other Club, so why not Hiku' :mad: 2v was spluttering and ready to blow a gasket :p

Blindside: FAMILY AFFAIR

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily
March 21, 2014 4:37PM

THE Bulldogs will run into a big roadblock in their plans to recruit Sea Eagles fullback Peta Hiku.

He lives in Dee Why with his girlfriend Lisa Marie, who just happens to be the niece of Sea Eagles board member Bob Reilly.

“He is very happy and wants to stay at Manly,” said a club insider.

There is a twist in the tale because it is no secret Reilly and Bulldogs coach Des Hasler had a big falling-out at the end of his tenure at Manly.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/blindside-michael-hooper-meets-the-big-boppa-schoolboy/story-fngr8iii-1226861460483

Jethro said:
THE Bulldogs will run into a big roadblock in their plans to recruit Sea Eagles fullback Peta Hiku.

He lives in Dee Why with his girlfriend Lisa Marie, who just happens to be the niece of Sea Eagles board member Bob Reilly.

“He is very happy and wants to stay at Manly,” said a club insider.

There is a twist in the tale because it is no secret Reilly and Bulldogs coach Des Hasler had a big falling-out at the end of his tenure at Manly.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/blindside-michael-hooper-meets-the-big-boppa-schoolboy/story-fngr8iii-1226861460483
Heeheehee:D Suck it Des!

Hiku learnt our wicked ways quick, as he was saving his first year's contract to bring his Partner and child across from NZ :s

About 7 of the newbies plus Hiku were surfing at DY again this morning. No beach at Belmore, Peta!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Garts said:

Pretty sure it was reported as being in the 400s somewhere, compared to the 600 offered to Foran

So reported 400's probably means 300's in reality.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6