DESperate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
HappilyManly said:
2v just gave it to The Son of Sam on 10 News for trying to sign Hiku :cool:

'He has signed everyone from every other Club, so why not Hiku' :mad: 2v was spluttering and ready to blow a gasket :p
Didn't see it but if Toovey is upset it sounds like they are very close to snaring Hiku.
Hmm...sounds like it could be a done deal. Hope not. Hiku goes well. I still shake my head and what Des did to our club and he's still going at it.
I hope Hasler's Bullshark Eagle Pies don't win a thing while he's there.

I don't care what he did the final few months before he left.What i do know is des played in our grand final 96 side & won us 2 premierships the guy i reckon still bleeds manly.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
I don't care what he did the final few months before he left.What i do know is des played in our grand final 96 side & won us 2 premierships the guy i reckon still bleeds manly.

Yep know I am bitter and twisted!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Its a business these days so don't blame Hiku, blame the pricks like Ha$ler who can't train his own players and wants to buy everyone elses.

Hate that prick with a passion!!

I was down at Darling Harbour with my daughter one day and saw Dogsler. He was over near the water.

My daughter takes one look at the look on my face and says "Don't".

She knew what I was thinking and how much dad hates that scumdog.

Haha. He is under a fair amount of pressure after last year's debacle.
There were many (including one P Peters) adamant Des would get the Dogs a premiership, well this is his 3rd year and they'll need to improve to even be in the running.

Hasler is a scumbag

Open poaching let's look at it from dogs
Perrett poached mid season roosters, Inu poached mid season from warriors, Morris poached from dragons, hodgkinson poached from us (lucky as Dce may be with them),
Eastwood poached from Brisbane, trex poached from us big money offer, Pritchard poached from Penrith, tolman poached from storm, graham big money recruit from St. Helens, juniors Reynolds, lafai, josh Jackson what a joke they are.

Our team
Snake brought to club as teenager, tafua discarded by eels, Steve matai found playing in qld cup, killer yes we poached him straight out, Wolfy injuries and discarded by eels,
Foran part of boom 20s team a junior, dce part of boom 20s team been at manly since 18,
Gifty not regarded by many came to club with snake, horo cut by eels a reject come good,
Choc junior been through tough days in 2003 champion player, Jason king junior started with choc, matty ballin discarded by broncos, Brenton lawerence cut by titans, ferris cut by eels, tom symonds released by roosters, starling geniune signing in front row development, Hasson not regarded by sharks, Lui cut price recruit from broncos.

Get the picture we develop they poach, we have Warwick they have the lauded crusher.

winnyason said:
Get the picture we develop they poach, we have Warwick they have the lauded crusher.

Ha$ler was so pissed when Warwick opted out, cause he knew that he did ALL the work, my old mate Noel is a big lazy prick who relied on a bunch of people doing the work and him taking the glory.

And yes we are old mates, but not when it comes to football anymore

let Hiku go early and give Glenn some more money to stay next season.

We have plenty of options in the backs.. Tafua Blair Wolfie on the wings. Gutherson can have a turn when Brett is out.. and Trbjovic will get a run towards the end of the year if he keeps destroying the 20's.

You cant blame him. He will get a starting full back role on probably 200k-300k. As apposed to being a fringe player here on 60k-100k.

They have lost the plot we continue to grow our legend as best team of last 10 years they hope poach steal whatever to get there own way. Bulldogs pathetic.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Peter C said:
Now let me get this straight, Dogs lose Barba who would be on around $400,000-450,000, don't replace him with a name player, so they would have a bit of room in their salary cap,but next year they have signed Fifita on a reported $800,000, upgraded James Graham to around $650,000, as well as Josh Morris to probably around $400,000 and sign up a hooker from Cronulla on a reported $300,000, and are still looking for a player to replace Barba, such as Tedesco or Hiku, gee the other twenty players must be getting peanuts.

$850K for Fifita...and don't forget $650K for She Rex with another 2 years to go.

Its very very fishy BUT as I say being done with back ended contracts, but don't worry just like Manly he'll be out of there before that scenario comes into play....its just the way that DESpicable ... operates.

@Isz

Well if that's the system in place it should be stopped, there should be no way that you can use a previous years cap the next year.....if that was the case you could set up a scenario where you operated well under the cap for a number of years building up a super "War Chest" to buy every top player in the game for one gigantic push at a GF...jeez even Parramatta could do it....Mmmmm....maybe not!!

You can only use the previous years unspent amount, not an accrual of year after year of underpayments.

Townsville Eagle said:
Well, if he has signed, give them no early marks. Make Hasler wait the contract period. He may be gone from the bulldogs before Hiku gets there.

Pretty sure that we extended Hiku for 2 years - end 2015, but would be on a modest amount.

However the Dogs did introduce a transfer fee - so Manly should ask for 500K and see how much faith they have in Perret :idea:

All this shopping spree, must be doing wonders for the yet to be re-signed Dogs' Players confidence ;)

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Don't get me wrong he was an excellent coach for us before he tried to dismantle the club. If he still bleeds Manly he'd stop trying to bleed us dry. Isn't Toovey his mate? Now he's trying to take his mate's player.

Here is some inside information form a VERY reliable source. Greenburg initially thought the "accusations by disgruntled Manly fans" about Des being an ego maniac with total control issues were highly suspect. His eyes were quickly opened when the first thing Des did at the dogs was to insist half of the front office staff be done away with as they were not needed. Some of these people had been on the books for years. This was reluctantly accepted in the name of "Des knows what he's doing", but pissed off many of the clubs officials.

Toddy can not stand Des as it stands. He could not distance himself quick enough from him to take on the role at NRL HQ. Believe me, Des is on borrowed time at the dogs. He must get them a premiership this year or his head will be on the block. His ratio of success vs irritating the natives over there is not that well balanced.

Didn't the dogs just extend Haslers contract for another 2 years? Surely if he was under the hammer, they wouldnt have extended his contract until they saw how the year was going to pan out.

MPC75 said:
Didn't the dogs just extend Haslers contract for another 2 years? Surely if he was under the hammer, they wouldnt have extended his contract until they saw how the year was going to pan out.

This I believe is true, he got the extension in while Tooveys was rumoured to be happening. But the lure of a premiership must have still been absorbed by whoever was giving Des the pen.

Which is consistent with Mayer 'accidentally' referring to Manly as one of the teams that buys premierships.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6