Des, you are the weakest link

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
swoop link said:
I don't like some of Dessie's decisions but to be calling for his head is a bit over the top.

Agreed. Although his love affair with Bailey has me stumped. Thought Cross was doing better.

DSM5 link said:
I'm becoming a Des critic.  Poor communication, game plans? rotations? selections? All could be fixed if someone in the team sent some stuff out to members on the internet.  I get stuff from the club to purchase but little in the way of actual meaty communication.  I don't want to know the financial side or the inner workings of the club, but a piece on how selections are made or on training or on a vision etc would be nice.  
sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
rather fitting too because you are a halfwit

Cambo link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183942.msg274070#msg274070 date=1279004674]
I'm becoming a Des critic.  Poor communication, game plans? rotations? selections? All could be fixed if someone in the team sent some stuff out to members on the internet.  I get stuff from the club to purchase but little in the way of actual meaty communication.  I don't want to know the financial side or the inner workings of the club, but a piece on how selections are made or on training or on a vision etc would be nice. 

[/quote]
id like to apoligise

to all the halfwits that read this forum who i just offended by comparing them to dsm5

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=183942.msg274127#msg274127 date=1279007967]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183942.msg274070#msg274070 date=1279004674]
Go you good girl.
I'm becoming a Des critic.  Poor communication, game plans? rotations? selections? All could be fixed if someone in the team sent some stuff out to members on the internet.  I get stuff from the club to purchase but little in the way of actual meaty communication.  I don't want to know the financial side or the inner workings of the club, but a piece on how selections are made or on training or on a vision etc would be nice. 

[/quote]
id like to apoligise

to all the halfwits that read this forum who i just offended by comparing them to dsm5
[/quote]

DSM5 link said:
He just can't see that the problem is selection.  He selects the same old crap players week after week.

Much like Peter Sharpe used to before he was punted for Des.

lsz link said:
A premiership winning coach

Semi's every year he has coached bar one

for costin?

What has he done?

You guys really should think a bit more before you post. C'mon think about it. You are questioning Costin 'cos he's never won a comp?! He has never coached at that level, so who is to say that he would fail? But hey, they probably said the same think anout Bennett before he went to Brisbane, or Jack Gibson before he started in first grade. Heck, maybe Panthers fans were bagging the appointment of Gould before he started there. I don't think Costin is the answer but just making a point. I am fed up with the whole 'you have never played at the highest level so what would you know'. Rugby league is the easiest game in the world. Nothing to it whatsoever. It is not rocket science. Compare it to other sports

Moops link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=183942.msg273311#msg273311 date=1278832431]
A premiership winning coach

Semi's every year he has coached bar one

for costin?

What has he done?

You guys really should think a bit more before you post. C'mon think about it. You are questioning Costin 'cos he's never won a comp?! He has never coached at that level, so who is to say that he would fail? But hey, they probably said the same think anout Bennett before he went to Brisbane, or Jack Gibson before he started in first grade. Heck, maybe Panthers fans were bagging the appointment of Gould before he started there. I don't think Costin is the answer but just making a point. I am fed up with the whole 'you have never played at the highest level so what would you know'. Rugby league is the easiest game in the world. Nothing to it whatsoever. It is not rocket science. Compare it to other sports
[/quote]

Think before i post? I am going to have to take the bait here.......

The circumstances of Jack Gibson starting his coaching career are fundamentally different to the situation now

Gibson started in 1967. The game was not professional (therefore not as much pressure etc)
He took over a team that had not won a game the season before. Again little or no pressure

This is not about 'you have never played at the highest level so what would you know'. In fact Costin played in the NRL (and for the US...). It is about a successful coach who, according to some fans, should be punted mid way through a year as the team is coming 9th.

Not last

9th

Not getting thrashed every week.

Yes we have lost 4 out of the last 5 and the performances have not been great. But lets not worry about the fact we have made the semifinals for 6 years in a row. Lets concentrate on what is happening this week and react to that

The reason that I love the silvertails community is best summed up by a mata line (I think....) “mediocrity should not be accepted”. Yes we should question our team but there also needs to be some form of loyalty given to those who have performed in the past.

Accountability yes

Knee jerk reactions no

Costin might be a great coach but there is no need to change. If we are in the same place next year, getting lapped then yes but FFS give des a break

well said LSZ.

To be honest this week has been pretty bad some of the knee jerk reaction calls floating around have just been woeful and laughable.

I mean by all means people should vent but surely they have a sense of reality somewhere, right?

I couldn't care less what Des thinks. Positive results are the only benchmark that I seriously look at. We have been done by the Raiders in front of a home crowd. We are OUT of the eight, last time I looked! There is no way I would call for Des's sacking but I'm not a happy supporter on current form.

No-one can stop a knee-jerk reaction. Try and you'll see. It's an automatic muscular response.

The only problems I have with Hasler is his conservatism (i.e. almost never dropping players, keeping Orford as goalkicker last year when we had better options), how he manages the media and his unwillingness to try youth unless forced to. All can be easily fixed, but all MUST be fixed, otherwise this club is going to go nowhere

ManlyBacker link said:
I couldn't care less what Des thinks. Positive results are the only benchmark that I seriously look at. We have been done by the Raiders in front of a home crowd. We are OUT of the eight, last time I looked! There is no way I would call for Des's sacking but I'm not a happy supporter on current form.

Come on people, everyone didn't rate us as a finals contender little lone a premiership contender. Yes our form isn't good in the last month, but you don't win premierships in June, or July for that matter. There is still time to make the semi's and then anything can happen.

Des has a lot more on his plate then to worry about then "unhappy supporter's" at the moment.

As Dan said, some people need a huge reality check!

Are we talking about the same Des who has been getting pretty good results since he started coaching, the same Des that many have been saying should be the NSW coach, which is the same NSW team many bag for not showing loyalty to players. The same Des who has coached the team to grand finals and a premiership against the biggest rorters in the game no less.

Can't really knock him on his track record so far. We have seen and know that the players he is picking week in week out can do the job as they were earlier in the year and past years.

Sure maybe some of the younger guys could have been blooded but personally I think we need to stop spoon feeding the players and they need to stand up and get back to playing some good footy, they need to pull their fingers out and show some passion.

Players are always saying before games that their preparation has been good and their good to go, yet don't perform on match day. I think we should wait awhile before we start throwing a noose around the coaches neck.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6