Des, you are the weakest link

blitzkrieg

Reserve Grader
Maybe its time for Des to step down, not sure what contract set up he is on but we are stagnating with him in charge. Will probably get attacked, but I thought i"d throw it out there. I wouldn't miss him, plenty of others to take up the challenge (and have a real dig)  :-\

Couldn't agree with you any less

On your last bit in brackets, that is a bit of an insult to the man that is uncalled for imo, everybody in Rugby League know how hard he work's. Question his skill if you like, but not the effort he puts into it

Can't disagree.  He just can't see that the problem is selection.  He selects the same old crap players week after week.  As well our players look slow, fat and lazy.  Effort is one thing, results are another.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Couldn't agree with you any less

On your last bit in brackets, that is a bit of an insult to the man that is uncalled for imo, everybody in Rugby League know how hard he work's. Question his skill if you like, but not the effort he puts into it
Yeah true KE, just trying to say he should make some tough decisions. No one seems in "fear" of there spot, he needs to lead from the top. Yes, apologies, his effort as such is not the problem.

As I said in another topic, I would be happy enough if he picks this 17 again next week, provided some of them are playing on the knowledge that the step up and give 100% or they are on a plane up to QLD

Is a bloody tough job being a coach, it wasn't so long ago, 6 or so matches, that this same forward pack that is now going so bad, was dominating every single pack they matched up against. Is hard to try and click where it has all gone wrong. We were playing with a lot more aggression back then, at the moment the only real aggressive intent i am seeing in the forward pack is coming from Jason King. We need a big tough enforcer, if we lose Matai I wouldn't mind a bloke like Manu being bought for the pack

GPS and other technology does not win you games.
Heck, I could probably put up a good argument that our fitness is not where is was in 08.

This aint about the best technology, this is about a complacent bunch of well paid blokes, many of them living off former glory.

Can someone here please name me the last player Des dropped as a result of poor 'form'?

Didn't Terence Seu Seu get punted too? Haven't seen him in first grade for a while.

Last time i looked at the ladder were in the 8?

We have an inexperienced half's combo, possible the most inexperienced in the comp? Many predicated we would finish out of the 8? Lots of crap going on behind the scenes. Key injurys in the month gone.

I think Des is doing a fine job considering. Things could be far worse.

My two cents, Weed out the trys we have gifted to other teams and we would be in the top four. Our early season form was on the back on GOOD forward go forward. The trend of late is that our forwards are loosing the battle every game. Old tired legs.

EagleEyes link said:
Last time i looked at the ladder were in the 8?

We have an inexperienced half's combo, possible the most inexperienced in the comp? Many predicated we would finish out of the 8? Lots of crap going on behind the scenes. Key injurys in the month gone.

I think Des is doing a fine job considering. Things could be far worse.

My two cents, Weed out the trys we have gifted to other teams and we would be in the top four. Our early season form was on the back on GOOD forward go forward. The trend of late is that our forwards are loosing the battle every game. Old tired legs.

Bingo. Couldn't agree more.

I think it's a little harsh calling for the coach's head. Sure we are not playing to our ability, but we have played 2 very good forward packs in the last 2 games. Canberra has actually dominated most packs this year, and penrith, well there up the top for a reason. We are missing a general that would normally put a firecracker up the forwards when they are being lazy. This is normally the half, and yes ours is inexperienced. We can drop hodkinson, but our replacement is less experienced and is still serving his apprenticeship. No harm at giving him a crak though.

Des' coaching is looking so poor now, because he did such a fine job earlier on in the season, which seems to be forgotten by many

Most entered the season thinking that with our new combinations, and then after Stewart was lost game 1, we were a fringe 8 side at best. That is where we are at in our play now. However over the 1st 10 weeks of this comp, he had the side playing tremendous football and had people declaring the side 1 of the serious contenders, that sort of level was always going to be hard for this side to hold all season. You can only peak a couple of times a footy season, we have peaked once against the Dragons

The true test of his coaching ability is whether he can get them up to that level again at the right end of the season

I guess, 2 wins in two months (and no wins OFF the park) isn't sitting well with people. That's life I suppose.

We just seem to be the club that are sitting on our hands, waiting for something magical to happen....yet no-one is willing to put their hands up (playing roster wise, and management wise) to make that happen???

We're waiting to sign up Inglis, Cronk, Slater and Smith. That must be it. It's the only sound reason why our management are bone idle. Either that or they are just incompetent bumbling fools who have no idea what they are doing.

I am certainly puzzled why Matai hasn't been signed up, but if you look at other teams we are no different. It's pretty obvious that everyone is waiting to see what happens with Melbourne. Penrith are a good example they haven't signed Jennings or Pritchard yet. If I was a penrith supporter I would be spewing.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2