Des Will Not Take Failure Lying Down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That is a totally fair argument DSM, and I too am keen to see them have a go

The 3 names you mentioned, at least 2 of them should be getting a decent crack at it next season. But we also need an experienced backup plan there imo incase they don't make the grade. I also give Hasler and Toovey some credit on knowing whether a halfback is good enough for the level

The Warriors are the best example of this, they have kept banking on young blokes, and a lot of them haven't been coming up to the mark, hence why Jones had to play such a role this season

Chip & Chase link said:
Do you really think Des will pull any rabbits out of the hat, or ruffle any feathers ?

Maybe not, but he could probably pull a hair/hare out of his arse.

A couple of years ago the club put on a Q & A session with Des in the hot seat.  I went along and was very civilized.  Nothing came of my suggestions but one could put them nevertheless.  It's a pity that doesn't seem to happen anymore.  Maybe Vidmar, if he reads my posts, could suggest this as a thing to do to increase fan appreciation.  Everyone there was quite civilized.   

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=181726.msg241666#msg241666 date=1252846090]
I really think those KPI's in his contract could turn out to be a master stoke, Des won't make changes he's to loyal to his core player group, just like he won't foster young talant - you watch and see how many of those 20's stay with us and how many go to other clubs to play first grade.

How many young players have we lost under Des that have gone to other clubs and played NRL ?

I can think of Aaron Cannings but honestly no other spring to mind unless we throw JWH in
[/quote]

Jye Mullane carved it up for southern districts for a season or two after he left us.  Monnas has won man of the match for some english cup win.  

Jef robson will probably make a grand final appearance this year.  Grant Wooden has gone on the better things with the cootamundra cats and Aaron Cannings hasn't fallen 20 metres off a balcony since he left us (or did des push him?).  

JWH will be a sensation with the roosters and Foran will captain coach both the New Zealand test side and warriors in 2011 while our half back captain courageous will collect the wooden spoon for us .

I am all for introducing good and talented youngsters at the right time. Manly are slow to introduce them but sides like Parra and Penrith have been full of talented youngsters who have hit the big time but faded into obscurity just as quickly. The hole in the argument of some is people like T-Rex and Neumann. Some on this site never want to see them in first grade again but they were the stars in the QLD cup Grand Final. There is a massive gulf between the lower grades and First grade and players need to be brought on slowly if possible. If there is a player ready to play the top grade, throw him in, but for many it will be a slow introduction and hopefully a long career. Glen Stewart is a good case of this.

nuemann was on the back of some great backline moves and we managed to get outside them a few times, once or twice simply because T-Rex was twice as big as everyone else and just pushed them out of the way.

There were better players in the QLD Cup final and I still cant see how T-Rex got man of the match

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4