Des The Poacher

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
From Peter Fitz:
"Don't ask me how I know, I just do. OK? I hear from a very good source - eat your heart out Danny Weidler, I've got this - that our man Dessie Hasler made a very good offer over the summer to his erstwhile charge, Daly Cherry-Evans to leave Manly in the lurch and go to the Bulldogs. Cherry-Evans thought long and hard but in the end graciously declined. "

1. Des is still an arsehole.
2. How overrated was Crusher Cleal? He's uncovered how much fresh talent for the Dogs in 2+ years?

But RLW can reveal the star half has all but committed to remain at Manly.
"Daly has given me instructions to get the deal (with Manly) done."

Be Manly. Don't be a Dawg!!!

Budgewoi Eagle said:
From Peter Fitz:
"Don't ask me how I know, I just do. OK? I hear from a very good source - eat your heart out Danny Weidler, I've got this - that our man Dessie Hasler made a very good offer over the summer to his erstwhile charge, Daly Cherry-Evans to leave Manly in the lurch and go to the Bulldogs. Cherry-Evans thought long and hard but in the end graciously declined. "

2. How overrated was Crusher Cleal? He's uncovered how much fresh talent for the Dogs in 2+ years?

he Knows that Hodkinson and Reynolds will not win him a comp

Just when I thought I couldn't respect the guy any less.

At least the club he's joined is equally as scummy.

I pencil in the two Dogs games every year. Can't wait.

Sorry guys, but of course he will go after DCE, who wouldn't. But yes, it does leave a more bitter yet sweet taste in the mouth that it is Des missing out on another.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
From Peter Fitz:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/the-fitz-files/mitchell-johnson-must-keep-his-moustache-20140214-32r4j.html

Brissie Kid said:
I thought the NRL had set procedures for when a contracted NRL player could be approached by a rival club?

This stuff would happen all the time especially in off season, most of the time you just don't hear about. It's not right but really just impossible to enforce by NRL. Managers and the like all just deny it and it's all unofficial

The fact is that DCE is the hottest property on the market and every club would love to have him.

Des news is yesterdays fish and chip wrappers, hes the past.

In Toovey we trust!

Moondog said:
Well, there's a big confidence boost for Hodkinson just before the start of the season. He must be rapt to find out how highly his coach rates him...

And for DCE to remember how much Des rated him when he chose Hodgkinson over him early days. Could the super coach not see the talent at the time or are Cleal and Des overrated when it comes to spotting talent. Could it be that our current recruitment officer was really the legend here all along...

In the end, old news, let's get on with winning the 2014 premiership, you have to love the Eagles....

I doubt DCE had any discussion at all. It would have been his manager on a leveraging mission. It's amazing how these little titbits find their way into the media around contract renewal time isn't it.

I think he will always be somewhat of a bad smell that will linger. It does seem a large part of his success was linked to Manly which we all of course know and Dessy is most likely now realising.
I think Tooves is demonstrating that it is all not just a business and that club spirit and heart means more than state of art training equipment and cutting edge training methods etc.
If I remember correctly Dessy did initially choose hodkinson over DCE. Looks like Dessy finally got his man. :)

Townsville Eagle said:
Moondog said:
Well, there's a big confidence boost for Hodkinson just before the start of the season. He must be rapt to find out how highly his coach rates him...

And for DCE to remember how much Des rated him when he chose Hodgkinson over him early days. Could the super coach not see the talent at the time or are Cleal and Des overrated when it comes to spotting talent. Could it be that our current recruitment officer was really the legend here all along...

In the end, old news, let's get on with winning the 2014 premiership, you have to love the Eagles....
[/quote Even before he'd played first grade for us he was starting to get noticed. When he was sent up to play for the Sunshine Coast Mal Meninga saw him and said he was a future origin player.
It was lucky for us the Dogs took Hodkinson and DCE got the half-back spot. I don't think he would have remained "under the radar" for too much longer...

Townsville Eagle said:
Moondog said:

Even before he'd played first grade for us he was starting to get noticed. When he was sent up to play for the Sunshine Coast Mal Meninga saw him and said he was a future origin player.
It was lucky for us the Dogs took Hodkinson and DCE got the half-back spot. I don't think he would have remained "under the radar" for too much longer...

All this contract talk about DCE just pisses me off. He still has 2 years to run on his contract ffs

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6