DES Rips into Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think we can all agree that Gallop got it wrong with Stewart. Gallop knows it. So not taking action over Carney is really just an admission he got it wrong with manly.

Time to move along & think about this season & not about past injustices.   

cf2 is back link said:
WAMF, Swoop and co you still haven't answered the question on your anti Gallop stance - what did you expect him to do with Carney for .05?

Another fine on top of the club fine?
A suspension?
Electric chair?

As I said if Gallop starts issuing NRL fines for licence offences we'll have a joke on our hands (and Manly will already be down Watmough and T Rex)

You DO know that .05 is still a loss of license for anyone.You have to be UNDER 0.05!And,as others have stated,he's a P plater,so he shouldn't be driving with any alcohol in his blood.If you even have a slight doubt about "morning after" alcohol,you don't drive!

Anger in the situation is understandable. Gallop did not even meet with Brett Stewart. Sadly his actions seem to be driven by the Daily Telegraph, which is owned by his employer, News Limited.

Hopefully that paper will soon have a massive payout for the total untruths dished out to Brett Stewart and Manly. (I reckon it should be in the millions.)

This just goes to show that Gallop should go. It is worth noting that Lowe has said the same thing as Des and given Gallop another serve.

The double standards of the NRL on the Carney, Marshall and Stewart allegations are stunning.

Still, none of you clarify what you want Gallop to do. In fact most of you are still confused.

Some want Gallop to do something much stronger (like fine Carney 50k cos hey he fined Brett) yet others say Gallop should stay right out of it cos he's getting too involved. Crikey the guy can't win.

We all know Gallop made a mistake with Brett. He acted out of embarrassment simply due to the timing of Brett being the star of the 09 NRL campaign.

But Brett aside, not one of you have a decent argument for anything he's done wrong since. If he fined Carney 50k he'd have to do the same to Watmough and T Rex. There'd be outrage then!!

cf2 is back link said:
But Brett aside, not one of you have a decent argument for anything he's done wrong since.

What he has done wrong since is continue to claim there was nothing wrong with how he dealt with Stewart. If he feels he cannot apologise for legal liability reasons he should simply keep his mouth shut about that one. Every time he tries to justify it he makes it worse. 

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=cf2 is back link=topic=186648.msg320217#msg320217 date=1299440910]

But Brett aside, not one of you have a decent argument for anything he's done wrong since.

What he has done wrong since is continue to claim there was nothing wrong with how he dealt with Stewart. If he feels he cannot apologise for legal liability reasons he should simply keep his mouth shut about that one. Every time he tries to justify it he makes it worse. 
[/quote]

Exactly!

cf2 is back link said:
Still, none of you clarify what you want Gallop to do. In fact most of you are still confused.

Some want Gallop to do something much stronger (like fine Carney 50k cos hey he fined Brett) yet others say Gallop should stay right out of it cos he's getting too involved. Crikey the guy can't win.

We all know Gallop made a mistake with Brett. He acted out of embarrassment simply due to the timing of Brett being the star of the 09 NRL campaign.

But Brett aside, not one of you have a decent argument for anything he's done wrong since. If he fined Carney 50k he'd have to do the same to Watmough and T Rex. There'd be outrage then!!

You are just plain wrong. Carney has a HUGE list of prior offences relating to drunkeness and driving. Indeed a Canberra judge has told him that he would go to gaol if he offended again.

T-Rex was his 1st offence and low range and Choc' did not involve alcohol.

Massive difference. Carney should have been suspended for at least 4 weeks due to the cumulative effect of his many priors.

What to do with Gallop?  Send him off to a suburban legal office.  He'd be good at conveyancing and such minor matters.  Any more involvement in the NRL is an insult to all of us who love, and want to nurture the game.  I applaud the Club for telling him how life is.  Now I'd expect them to lobby against his continued role in the great game.

DSM5 link said:
What to do with Gallop?  Send him off to a suburban legal office.  He'd be good at conveyancing and such minor matters.  Any more involvement in the NRL is an insult to all of us who love, and want to nurture the game.  I applaud the Club for telling him how life is.  Now I'd expect them to lobby against his continued role in the great game.

Totally agree, but I fear we won't see the back of him for a long time. He will cling onto that job for dear life. After all, who else is going to employ him?

DSM5 link said:

Geez, I wouldn't let him near my title deeds!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4